Author Topic: What are your Expectations for 7th Generation?  (Read 6731 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Re: What are your Expectations for 7th Generation?
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2015, 14:43 »
I'm expecting some in game events later soonish, maybe Volcanion and the 3 doors of Lumiose Power Plant related.

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2015, 17:25 »
GF confirmed the gen 4 remakes when primal dialga was a boss in pmd, apologies to the majority of the site who seem to despise sinnoh for whatever reason

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2015, 18:40 »
Course with all this post game story talk, one has to wonder if GF will be tempted to go ahead with story DLC. We've had DLC in the last Mystery Dungeon, Shuffle's gone down the route of free to pay, and the Delta story could have easily been something to test the waters even though it was part of the main game (Still waiting on that Battle Frontier as DLC mind you... ;P)

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline Mockery for One

• Was never a...
  • Rex Fan
  • Naah, this ain't cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2015, 22:00 »
There'll no doubt be new forms of the main legendaries Palkia, Dialga and Giratina whenever they do decide to remake gen 4. Probably just like our Primal Trio for ORAS. They have not gone wild on 4th gen Megas either, so I guess those will be saved for that (Even though we had tons of new 3rd stage evolutions....).

Rayquaza can Mega Evolve.

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2015, 13:43 »
Close enough, you get the point.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2015, 15:51 »
Game Freak have said they like to surprise people and not do what is expected so I personally don't see a Gen IV remake but instead some kind of integration into a new title. There's plenty of room for 2 or more region on the 3DS cards, so it's not totally out of the question that we see something like it, although personally I wouldn't be surprised if by the time we are due a Gen IV remake, that we start seeing more gameplay aspects migrated out into the internet, which means that Sinnoh could effectively be an online-only region.

• Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2015, 18:57 »
Perhaps, but the main RPG series has been annual since I think either Platinum or HGSS so if they continue releasing a new game every year which is probably a big source of income for Nintendo and GF, they'll eventually have to go ahead with a 4th Gen remake to space out the new gens. Sequels/3rd versions will only get you so far.

Mind you again back to the anniversary thing I mentioned, perhaps there'll be something like a Gen 1 remake for Wii U set in the Mega Evolution timeline or limit us to just the first 151 Pokemon, items and such or hell, maybe Red2 and Green2. 

Offline Kitt

• Lone Warrior
  • Rob Fan
  • Lone Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2015, 01:46 »
Yes...I can see it now Origin Red and Origin Blue. Kanto is going 3D. I always imagined the Sevii islands as 3D and who knows they may even have the Orange Islands league too. Primal birds? Maybe. (/Dragon?)

Diamond/Pearl remakes are bound to happen. Mt Coronet itself is as 3D as it can be. Primal Dialga is a thing, so there's that too.

• Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2015, 13:38 »
Then again, they could just sit down and give us a bog standard 3DS Virtual Console release of the first Gen games with stuff ironed out like Trading between 3DSs, what to do about the Game Counter due to videogame gambling rating laws, etc.

Offline JES

• Iceduck Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2015, 16:15 »
Stupid video game gambling laws.

Personally, I'd like to see:

The ability to access the PC and transfer Pokémon in the field.

Maybe new legendaries that continue to use the Soar mechanism.

I'd like to see Pokémon Amie and Wonder Trading kept and expanded upon (like being able to scratch the back of your Pokémon, and being able to Wonder Trade more than one Pokémon at a time). Also keep Super Training.

I'd like to see more TMs. Maybe 150 or 200, mostly useful moves like the Elemental Punches that were once once TMs in the past.

Those that can't be TMs be Tutor Moves. If Defog can't be a TM for example, I'd like it as a Tutor Move, so I don't have to a limited selection of Defoggers. I just hate Spin-blockers, so I never use Rapid Spin.

I want them to keep idea of places where you can earn plenty of money and EXP, like the Battle Chateau and the restaurants.

I want the next Dowsing Machine to be more like the one in HG/SS.

I expect that the next remake might actually be R/B/G/Y to celebrate the 20th anniversary.

If so, I want them to go all out, and make the Johto region accessible, and maybe even throw in the Orange Islands.

I also expect to be able to catch Pokémon like Houndour and Murkrow in Kanto that you could in G/S/C/HG/SS.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2015, 02:18 »
Some new expectations based on digging, here's some interesting info I've found:

-Data found from mining X/Y shows that it has compatibility slots for two other games.
-Zygarde has two moves hidden in the game data that are currently unavailable
-There is suspicion over Zygarde's low BST
-Game Freak registered the trademark "Pokemon Delta Emerald" late last year
-Somebody reasonably well known in the Pokemon community (Can't say his name here) mentioned that he has a merchandise sheet with 5 unknown/unrevealed Pokemon on them that are being kept hidden.

The speculation is:

-These two slots could be for either the first two Gen VII games or 2 extra 'middle' games such as Pokemon Z and Delta Emerald. It would make more sense for Gen VII to just use Bank for transfers, so that doesn't rule out the two middle games. It could also just be there for internal testing purposes or something.
-Zygarde is to learn these two moves somehow
-Zygarde has a mega evolution we do not know about yet
-This will be a third game, although registering unused trademarks has been done before by GameFreak
-This person believes based on the information he has that these unrevealed Pokemon will be formes of existing Pokemon, as this happened before back in Gen IV with Shaymin (and Giratina too, I think).
-He's settling on the theory that we will get a third/middle game for a 2016 release and then Gen VII for a 2017 release.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2015, 09:06 »
-Zygarde has two moves hidden in the game data that are currently unavailable

Were these Thousand Waves & Thousand Arrows or have they found new moves? Just wondering because the thousand moves look very Zygarde-y but were never confirmed to be his, would be nice if they'd been confirmed xD
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2015, 16:59 »
Were these Thousand Waves & Thousand Arrows or have they found new moves? Just wondering because the thousand moves look very Zygarde-y but were never confirmed to be his, would be nice if they'd been confirmed xD

Well, no. I probably should have left that as speculation, though personally I think it's almost out of the question that it could belong to any other Pokemon given the Animations, type and effect.

I guess this is all 6th Generation stuff though.

For the 7th Gen, I wonder about the console being used. Pokemon will either be exclusive to the New 3DS, exclusive to an entirely new handheld, or exclusive to that new console which Nintendo announced about a month or so ago (Which some are speculating to be a VR device).

I wish the lifecycle of consoles would increase a little bit. The GB/GBC was oldish when R/B/G/S came out and there was a strong impression that the hardware had been utilized to the maximum, they felt like huge games for the console. The GBA didn't really seem to push much, FR/LG were good but didn't feel like the maximum was being squeezed from the console. I think the DS had one of the best lifecycles for Pokemon. D/P felt huge and very complete, but we ended up going through not only Platinum, HG/SS and B/W but also B/W2 which seemed to cram so much into the game.

I hope that Gen VII doesn't adopt a new console too soon. X/Y was good; it felt like a solid test of 3D, diagonal movement etc. and what could be possible, OR/AS doesn't seem to have pushed the envelope too much; it looks pretty but feels very much like X/Y just in another location. That doesn't bother me too much because the development was done in a very short time and it's not like FR/LG pushed the envelope much either. I think the 3DS still has loads more to explore, for a start the lagging 3D in battles needs to be fixed and they could definitely do more to utilize the whole cart space.

It'd be nice if we could get a 3rd Gen VI game, the first Gen VII game and a remake of D/P/Pt all on the 3DS and then move forward with new hardware from there. I really don't want to see Pokemon move to mobile or this new Nintendo hardware.

Offline Mockery for One

• Was never a...
  • Rex Fan
  • Naah, this ain't cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2016, 00:33 »
Now that Sun and Moon are announced, what do you want for THOSE?