Author Topic: [Disc][Ad][P][PW] Interest Check on some idea  (Read 12626 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: [Disc][Ad][P][PW] Interest Check on some idea
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2016, 02:03 »
I'm debating on going with my usual fire trope or going with something different. Most likely the trope (it's a trope for a reason).
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline The Macintosh Ninja: SOH CAH TOA

• PUK's original ninja. So zetta slow!!
  • Sentret Fan
  • Look, I finally changed my avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2016, 17:29 »
Hm. Some interesting Pokémon there. I like that you included the "???" type. Covering bases.
Anyway, I am eager to start whenever you post the sign up form.

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2016, 23:27 »
Okay, so i'll post the sign ups now! For some reason, it didnt save my edit, 'cause I did do it. Maybe my internet was being buggy...

Anyway, I'll put a preview first and then the copy pastable version.

If you apply, please PM me the form. Do not put it in either of the two topics that are going to be up (this topic, as in the discussion topic, and the RP itself) or you will likely be declined.

^ Emphasis so nobody gets the short end of the stick. Baha.

You're free to talk about the application process or about the rp and stuff in here tho

For starters, your context will be that you'll be on a train for reasons, somewhere in either kanto or johto. Hey, it's technically anime verse, I'm allowed. May make it another region if it's enough interest... maybe Sinnoh, as it's quite large. Or unova. Either way, you'll be on the train for reasons - maybe to get your next badge, or to visit a family member, etc.

Also, yeah, it's a little long and lengthy. It's just so I get a good luck at applicants. :p

Name: (At least one first name and one surname. Don't get ridiculous.)
Age: (Orbs will magically kill anyone under ten for now. They're too small for the power. Old people are fine though, just don't get ridiculous.)
Gender: (Any. Pronouns are also welcomed in this section if they aren't immediately obvious or something. How to words.)
Orb: (If you're applying to be a scientist or some other orbless role, please delete this section. If you're changing your pokemon please state it here too.)
Why are you on the train?: (General reason. You could be going for your next badge or ribbon or visiting a friend or anything. It's a character motivation, basically. The pokemon league will not be for a while yet.)
Appearance: (No length limit, but please describe how your character looks like using words. If I can't get a clear picture from the text only then it's not a successful appearance, basically. Will it effect your chances of getting in? I don't know. Pictures are allowed as visual aids but put 'em as URLs, please.)
Personality: (And on the flip side, this can be really basic. Just tell me how you plan to RP the character's personality. Just make sure you adhere to it when you're accepted, even if it's just a little bit. Character development is great.)
History: (My suggestion is to pick a certain amount of progress where development is possible, unless your aim is to be one of those really old 'has seen the world, either completed their dreams or didnt, is everything over? guess what no it isnt' types. And when I say old, i mean age old, like 70, not old as in overdone. I never see elderly characters tbh but then again who wants to play an old person who gets knocked over by wind? who knows.maybe you could incorparate that into the orb..... wink.)
Pokémon: (Be reasonable. Note that I'm not saying anything like 'no legends'. If you include a legend, put an alternative pokemon. You can bid for a legend but there is little guarantee you will get it unless you can wow me with a justification and a story behind it. You can have up to six in your main party (pokeballs) but you could theoretically get around this by being followed around by a gazillion wild pokemon. But please don't do that. It's scary.)
Badges: (Be reasonable. If your character is an ash type that gets multiple badges from every region, that's fine. Just don't be the chamipon for the fourth year in the row of every single region. Also, state any pokemon league progress here, if any. And yes, this is relevant, because if people push for it gym battles can happen.)
Ribbons: (And by ribbons I mean coordinators, mainly. Also state the cup progress. Coordinators will follow a format similar to the anime, but not quite - the getting dressed or whatever, the initial evaluations, the performance, the battle, etc. Contests can be pushed for too. Like the badges, might be hard with the goverment on your back tho. Just saying.)
Other: (Anything relevant that might not fit elsewhere. EG. Achievements through pokemon breeding, any appearences in existing fics, existing relations of any sort to other applicants (IMPORTANT as it will effect your chances of getting an orb. Probably positively.) Oh, things like medical conditions (EG asthma or whatever) will be welcome here too.).

Code: [Select]
[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Gender[/b]:
[b]Orb[/b]: (Last reminder: Remember to put multiple types for back-up orbs.
If you only pick one and I choose the other guy, you could be left orb-less or sorted
into one you didn't choose. Make sure you get rid of this message in the brackets <3)
[b]Why are you on the train?[/b]:
[b]Appearance[/b]: 
[b]Personality[/b]:
[b]History[/b]:
[b]Pokémon[/b]:
[b]Badges[/b]:
[b]Ribbons[/b]:
[b]Other[/b]:

ok you're allowed to get a little ridiculous but dont completely melt my face off deadpool style thanks

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2016, 04:35 »
Well I didn't melt your face off, but I did create one inhumanly fast. Plus he'll be interesting too.

Can't wait to see who else is in.

E.C.A.M.B.S.

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2016, 21:22 »
Poison2007, I'm almost done with my form, but I have some questions. Does my character need to have ribbons/gym badges? Also, what do you mean by "melt your face off?" I hope that doesn't mean don't make the form too long and complicated because mine kind of is

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2016, 21:30 »
I don't think the amount of badges you have matters tbh. Plus, I think she means you can make your character a little out there and have a little more freedom with what you want to do, as long as you don't go too far.

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
  • never more than 3 hours away from public meltdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2016, 22:31 »
Just so you know I'm working on a form and by that I mean "I intend to do one but I haven't made a start yet"
Credit to Inferna for the teacup Chatot
surPrISE

E.C.A.M.B.S.

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2016, 09:16 »
Well I couldn't sleep so I got to tweaking my form and finished it. Hope we can start RPing soon.

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2016, 17:26 »
Working on my form. Shouldn't take too much longer, I hope...
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

E.C.A.M.B.S.

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2016, 19:18 »
I wonder if the RP should be done in first person, third person, or both.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2016, 19:35 »
Usually, hosts prefer for people to write in third person. Poison will have their own preference, but that would be my guess.

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2016, 20:07 »
yeah hi i havent been on in a few days. your character doesnt need to have ribbons or badges, or even pokemon in some cases, but they'll help. long apps are fine, 'melt my face off' just meant like people with like 24 badges, all of the champion leagues, the ribbon cup and god knows what else. like at the end game. like having one championship thing is gonna be fine, but not all of them at once. third person would be better used, yeah

i have quite a few apps in now, waiting for 1-2 more people that said they wanted to join and then i'll start assigning people to orbs and clarifying on the abilities they give etc, as there was some concern raised about that. in the mean time, if you want to discuss anything RE: the roleplay please feel free to, as you have been. thats very good 8)

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2016, 20:28 »
Thanks for the update. I can't wait to start.  ^.^

E.C.A.M.B.S.

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2016, 22:52 »
Poison, will you also have a character to RP or will you only be the dm?

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2016, 22:55 »
im hyped!!!

here's a psa before i start tho: tuesdays i am out of the house 7am until 9pm and inevitably after a day filled w nothing but theatre i get home exhausted so please do not be dismayed if i don't post on a tuesday.

thanks gl <3