Author Topic: NAME RATER CONTEST  (Read 30298 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Sappy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Re: NAME RATER CONTEST
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2007, 12:14 »
Still... it was fun =D

I still don't think it's over, yet. The final is supposed to be done differently than the other rounds.
Slowly an old member..

Offline Utack and Swampy

• "Generally, anything in the 31-28 range is fantastic, 27-24 is ok, 23-lower is no."
  • Fan Fan
  • Smooth as a Silcoon~
    • View Profile
    • My Art
« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2007, 16:53 »
Huzzah! The Name Rater stays! I wondered why I felt like there was going to be some kind of plot twist at the end, my guess was that they were going to pick the top two and kick out Sentret. Sorry Sentret, it would have been sad to see you leave the name rating board, but Kanto didn't seem very fond of you. But I was wrong, insted Kanto decieded to stay, meaning once again I can submit names in hoping that Kanto will rate them with his sense of humor that made me join the fourms!

US|something - There were better raters in the competition but you did impress me at times. I'm not sure you could keep it going over a long period of time though.

Hehe, I agree, I'm not sure how I made it to the end, but now I have somthing to tell my grand-fish, I impressed the Name Rater...at times!

Well, good job all, the fact that the name rater couldn't pick a winner means we are alll winners.
Well...mabye not, But good job anywyaz!

Thank's to Blake... for the awesome sig!

Offline Sappy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2007, 16:57 »
still, there could be a name rater. one of the 4.

Sadly they're not telling us D=

It's not me =P
Slowly an old member..

Offline Caldoran

• Act as Rum
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Ameba Gone Zingy
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2007, 17:00 »
still, there could be a name rater. one of the 4.

Sadly they're not telling us D=

It's not me =P

Not me either...

REALLY!
The above statements are masterfully crafted fabrications.

Trainer Dave

« Reply #79 on: December 27, 2007, 17:01 »
I reckon it's already been done. THe winner has been announced but they've covered it up to make his/her/it's identity a secret...

In other words:
-Winner is chosen
-Rest are told the contest is called off
-Winner takes place of old name rater without anyone knowing, thus keeping the rater's identity secret.

It's a conspiracy I say! A consipracy!

Offline Utack and Swampy

• "Generally, anything in the 31-28 range is fantastic, 27-24 is ok, 23-lower is no."
  • Fan Fan
  • Smooth as a Silcoon~
    • View Profile
    • My Art
« Reply #80 on: December 27, 2007, 17:01 »
Eh? You mean the Name rater might have lied? Na, I don't think he would...then again...

I dunnoz, You can tell my ignorance by my above post.

Offline Sappy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 27, 2007, 17:04 »
There's another possibility imo

Look on the calendar, yes it's supposed to be judging time at the moment, cool =P

And what Kanto said was the judging post. Look he judged all 4 of us.

Now, wait for it. Hopefully on Saturday a poll might crop us asking "Who would you want to be the name rater?" Then the name rater is told after that they won that position then.

It's a possibility. I predict BY is most likely to be rater. Since he's been moaning about it a lot =P
Slowly an old member..

Offline Utack and Swampy

• Fan Fan
  • Smooth as a Silcoon~
    • View Profile
    • My Art
« Reply #82 on: December 27, 2007, 17:07 »
Hehe, it's turning out just like that card game...Mophia I think it's called? Where you try to find the one killer and in the end all the inninoncent get slayed off due to wild accusations that make no sense, and mob mentality going along with it.

Oh what fun!

Offline Caldoran

• Act as Rum
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Ameba Gone Zingy
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 27, 2007, 17:11 »
There's another possibility imo

Look on the calendar, yes it's supposed to be judging time at the moment, cool =P

And what Kanto said was the judging post. Look he judged all 4 of us.

Now, wait for it. Hopefully on Saturday a poll might crop us asking "Who would you want to be the name rater?" Then the name rater is told after that they won that position then.

It's a possibility. I predict BY is most likely to be rater. Since he's been moaning about it a lot =P

Okay.........................

I doubt I'll be the rater, or anyone else for that case, I'm kinda bordering more on the "The whole contest is cancelled" thing.

Offline Sappy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 27, 2007, 17:18 »
Hehe, it's turning out just like that card game...Mophia I think it's called? Where you try to find the one killer and in the end all the inninoncent get slayed off due to wild accusations that make no sense, and mob mentality going along with it.

Oh what fun!

Or cluedo, somehow!

I think it was Mushroom with the Name in the Forum o0;
Slowly an old member..

Trainer Dave

« Reply #85 on: December 27, 2007, 18:24 »
Well... I still think that as, 'traditionally', the rater has always been unidentified, the replacement should keep it that way. After all, If Sappy won and everyone knew, he could make a negative rating and recieve a lovely PM saying 'why u so harsh! Grrr!'.

Basically, to prevent angry messages i'd expect them to keep it anonymous. That and the 'i'm your friend, why did you rate my name harshly?' thing

Meh.

Offline Raphetty

• Streetpasser Extraordinaire
  • Name Rater Hater
  • 54 Mii Plaza Accomplishments; 924 Plaza Population
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 27, 2007, 18:47 »
I think that if the name rater was secretly replaced, it would become obvious over time because we know the sort of style the four finalists have.

3DS FC: 3067 - 6449 - 6265 ... Sun trainer name: Rafipi ... X trainer name: Brennica
Omega Ruby trainer name: Moga ... Alpha Sapphire trainer name: Rosella

Offline Caldoran

• Act as Rum
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Ameba Gone Zingy
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 27, 2007, 18:48 »
I think that if the name rater was secretly replaced, it would become obvious over time because we know the sort of style the four finalists have.

It may be to mislead us and they actually selected someone who had dropped out.

Offline Sappy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 27, 2007, 20:04 »
First of all guys, the following may cause offence. I don't intend it. Plus the contest is ended, but this is kinda a sum up.

The contest was supposed to be fun, like Rex and Joeno said earlier when a few of us were shocked that Lounge Act got through to round 2. Then I think we slowly forgot it after until now.

A few people are mad, that the contest stopped, but honestly you had to enjoy it. The viewers probably enjoyed reading and laughing at the names. Who says there was going to be a prize? Who says its over?

The Kanto Name Rater had a point. All his points were right. I did go on a bit. He had even mentioned that in Round 1. He also had full right to close the contest.

I also think this could be part of the round still. Our reaction. =/

Still that possibility of one of the 4 being a rater, well we'll have to wait for Kanto's next rate. Still there's one thing for sure. If it is continued somehow, we'll have fun. Well I will =D
Slowly an old member..

Offline Caldoran

• Act as Rum
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
  • Ameba Gone Zingy
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 27, 2007, 20:18 »

Thinking about it, it feels really good to have been able to join this contest, and even being able to get to the final round.

I think I've been hoping for too much after Round 1...

At first, I was thinking, "Sigh, if only I could even get to the final round, I would be happy"

And at Round 3, I was already thinking of what I would do if I was selected as the Name Rater.

Looking back, I've gone quite far, and I think I now realize.

I joined this competition for fun.

Thats what I should get the most.

For that I have no regrets.