Author Topic: What features are you excited about, new or old?  (Read 3200 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
What features are you excited about, new or old?
« on: May 08, 2014, 09:28 »
3rd gen was probably my favourite gen that added on fun stuff you for you to do.

I'm hoping they bring back secret bases like so so much. Make them bigger (I think the limit was 16 items iirc) and add more personalisation and new items. Add in street pass or something like bravely defaults update friend data (where for a short period of time random monsters visit your town that you can battle), so you have a random real trainer appear in your base, level appropriate.

I'm looking forward to contests too, I hated gen 4 where you had to dress them up, just back to basics and maybe more anime styled?

I hope they'll keep the battle frontier as awesome as it was and actually implement day/night cycle this time!

So yeah what features do you hope they'll add in?

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Re: What features are you excited about, new or old?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 18:20 »
Day / Night is virtually assured, due to how it has been in every game / remake since DP.

I do hope the Frontier returns again but with the same RSE facilities, it's too good to leave out places like the Dome and the Pyramid.

Just make sure we can't find shinies in the frontier, GF ._.

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 21:29 »
I'm excited about MOAR STEVEN

oh and if the Sevii Islands made a comeback that'd be sweet...

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 21:46 »
steven stone in 3d

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Ledyba

• Judge, Jury, and Executioner | <3 Kelly!!
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 22:29 »
Day & Night will probably happen, given the 3DS doesn't have to deal with the GBA's infamous dark screen.  I'm hoping for the following to return:

* Trendy guy, so much fun.  I'm the Cute Torchic trend starter!
* Secret bases, these must return.  They were one of the best parts of RS, expcecially since they allowed you to fight AI controlled versions of your friend's team once a day. (I found my old secret base from about 10 years ago on my girlfriend's game, that's amazing).  And they could improved even more with spotpass, and wi-fi and stuff.
* Talking of which, mixing records, having your friends records and habbits was a very fun and amusing thing.
* Trainer's eye -  I'd imagine it'd be Emerald's version that doubled as a phone. 
* Contests! These were a very big part of RS' identiy.  Maybe expand them and make them their own meta-game, bring in 'gym leaders' for contests and earn rewards.

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 00:31 »
* Secret bases, these must return.  They were one of the best parts of RS, expcecially since they allowed you to fight AI controlled versions of your friend's team once a day. (I found my old secret base from about 10 years ago on my girlfriend's game, that's amazing).  And they could improved even more with spotpass, and wi-fi and stuff.
Streetpass secret bases. That's all I really need. and pokeblock making, was I the only one who found that fun:

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 00:34 »
Anabel in 3D.

That said, Battle Frontier better be there. Sure, the Battle Tower will most likely be there, but I want Anabel AND Greta darn it, along with their other crazy friends.

Secret Bases yes, and they HAVE to have Streetpass as a feature to include other people's Secret Bases getting passed around. Streetpass was a let down in X and Y and I hope this time they utilize it a lot better.

Of course the My Room feature was left out of HGSS so yeah, could be left out sadly... :/

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline The Macintosh Ninja: SOH CAH TOA

• PUK's original ninja. So zetta slow!!
  • Sentret Fan
  • Look, I finally changed my avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 01:23 »
I think I can speak for everyone when I say that there is a feature we all loved back in the originals that should, nay, DESERVES to make a return. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I speak of everyone's belovéd feature:

⠃⠗⠁⠊⠇⠇⠑⠀⠏⠥⠵⠵⠇⠑⠎
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 05:04 by The Macintosh Ninja: SOH CAH TOA »

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2014, 10:34 »
there'd better be the mt. chimney music in some form or another in there somewhere otherwise whats the point
           

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2014, 11:03 »
i will be miffed if they don't include;
- secret bases
- contests & pokeblocks & contest ribbons
- dive
- old safari ( tho i love the new one. why not both? )
- TRUMPETS
- mystery dudes house
- mach and acro bikes like they were awesome

just ugh i can't wait for this game

Offline Ledyba

• Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2014, 14:23 »
*Trick master: He was so fun, and they could even expand this and add new trick master via wi-fi or user created ones.
*Pokeblock spinning: simple but a fun mini-game with NPCs ranging from awful random NCPs and the kickass Berry Master.
*Battle Tents, but don't do what Emerald did and completely replace contest halls with them, you can have both so we don't have to wait till Lilycove City to do it.
* Feebas hunt, please.  The new players should have to go through what we did back in the original RS.  It builds character.
* More dive spots, pleaaaaaase. 
* Emerald's Battle Frontier.  It's still the best IMO.

Besides that, I'm very hapily looking foward to the sea routes, I know people complain about them but for me it was a highlight of the game, exploring dive spots and surfing and coming across tiny islands, usually good for making a secret base and then there's the sunkern ship, maybe it'd be cool to add an event to it..

Reading this topic just reminds me how much I love these games.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2014, 14:59 »
* Feebas hunt, please.  The new players should have to go through what we did back in the original RS.  It builds character.

If they do that.... I swear I'll trade my Shiny Milotic over to Alpha Sapphire.

*Battle Frontier. I've never got to do Emerald's, mainly because I got to victory road before my brother annexed the game.

*Trick master: This was a lot of fun, but the prizes got worse as time went on, so reverse that and give awesome prizes out later on.

*Contests: I loved the contests. On my ruby game (which I still have), my Blaziken won the final cool contest. A lot of my current team has won at least 2 levels. That with pokeblocks and the new berries makes it a lot more fun.

*Both Safari Zones: The old one let you catch pokemon, but limited what you got, and they didn't have IV's. The new one have IV'd pokemon, but you need friends and are limited to what your people give out. Having both will give a variety of pokemon to breed and catch, making it more enjoyable.

*Secret bases: I like these as much as the next guy..... but really all you do is use secret power in a certain spot and decorate. Use streetpass and spotpass and make it more interesting. Maybe incorporate the flags from Diamond and Pearl....?
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2014, 17:21 »
Secret bases are a must, and customisation needs to return from XY with a lot more options (LET ME TAKE OFF MY HAT DAMN YOU). If they release these without the Frontier after the heat XY got for lack of post-game they're idiots.

Also an option to side with Team Magma to get rid of all those bloody sea routes, ruined the gen for me.

Offline Ledyba

• Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2014, 17:25 »
If there's trainer customastion, I sincerely hope they'll have Team Aqua's outfit for use.   If possible, Archie's.

I'm serious. 

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2014, 01:13 »
If there's trainer customastion, I sincerely hope they'll have Team Aqua's outfit for use.   If possible, Archie's.

I'm serious.

I swear almost every time a Flare member spoke in XY it was about how nice their suit was. And we never got to use the suit...