Author Topic: Monster Hunter Stories  (Read 2754 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Cody999

• That one guy.
  • Rex Fan
  • Hey need to heal you pokemon? Well Gary oak--NO
    • View Profile
Monster Hunter Stories
« on: September 16, 2017, 23:15 »
I need to know if anyone else has even heard about this game (and rant about how good it is.)
It’s deceptively simple on first look, collect monsters and battle them with a rock/paper/scissors battle style, but there is something so addictive about the whole thing. I’ve basically been playing it for three days straight. The animations in and out of battle are well done and I think that this is one of the most adorable games of all time. Traversing the maps with your monsters feels and the battles feel satisfying. I got this game as a time waster and ended up with an amazing game and I don’t see myself stop playing any time soon. I would recommend this game to everyone, but especial to Monster Hunter fans and people who like collecting things in game (There is a bit of a Pokemon feel to getting all the monsters.)

Has anyone else played this game? If so what did you think of it?
Sup ~ I RP and stuff.
Also called Cody on err... pretty much everything.
When I play Pokemon I follow my personal Rule: I can only use Each Pokemon once across all games that I can transfer Pokemon across. I have used 108 different Pokemon I think.

MonsterMon64

Re: Monster Hunter Stories
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 14:37 »
I've only tried the demo so far, but I agree it's addicting, and I really like the sense of exploration* the game has going for it. Looking forward to trying the full version soon.

*I'm going to assume this is an element in the main series as well, but I can't say I'd know from experience.

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Stories
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 14:55 »
I've never played it, but if the gameplay is similar to Monster Rancher on the Playstation, then I might consider it.