Author Topic: Blaze's Ruby Nuzlocke Attempt  (Read 3728 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Blaze's Ruby Nuzlocke Attempt
« on: June 28, 2014, 14:43 »
This is my first Nuzlocke Challenge, and it has been inspired by many other nuzlockes, like Legacy (or Nathan)'s for HG/SS, and the one that Tim and Richard did for B/W, so thanks to them for the motivation to do this. This will be a diary of my finest and darkest hours in the challenge (like Nathan's). The rules I will be using are:

-Any pokemon fainted is considered dead and must be released asap.
-The player can only catch the first pokemon they see on a route*, if it faints or you or the pokemon flees, you're out of luck. If you have caught that pokemon already, you may keep looking until you find one you haven't caught.
-All pokemon must be nicknamed, creating more of a bond.
-The starter must be with you at all times, if it dies, you die. Simple
-If you black or white out, you die again, even if there are pokemon that are alive on the pc
-Switching battle style to set, if I remember to.

*The only exception is if you need a pokemon for a specific  field move, such as rock smash or flash.

Now, if I mess something up, please keep in mind that this is my first Nuzlocke. Due to that, please bear with me.

This shall begin once I have some feedback from some of you letting me have the green light to start.

Last thing, I will be using a specific sprite for my starter. I did not make it. Credit goes to the amazing metaspriters of PKMN!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 19:26 by ShinyBlaziken2000 »
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
Re: Blaze's Ruby Nuzlocke Attempt
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 14:49 »
I say go for it!

I tried a nuzlocke on Sapphire once, it didn't go quite as I planned. I couldn't even reach the first gym as I'd lost all my pokemon before I got there!

I hope you do better than I did.

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 15:26 »
You setting the battle style to Set? That's what really makes a Nuzlocke an actual challenge imo.

I've done R/S/E Nuzlocke many times. You'll be fine in R/S as long as you don't pick Treecko lol. But yeah, good luck and all that, any Nuzlocke is a challenging experience, so you'll need all the luck you can get. :)
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 15:31 »
I'm not going to do set since this is my first one. I'll be going a bit easier than I should go, unless people would like to see it on set. Anyone? If not, i'll start asap.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 16:48 by ShinyBlaziken2000 »

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 02:47 »
If you're not ready for a harder experience, go without Set, but I still think that Set is what makes Nuzlocke a memorable experience.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 20:05 »
Let's start now!

Chapter 1: Come and Go

-The moving truck stopped and the door suddenly opened. I walked out and my mom said that we were in Hoenn, Littleroot Town to be exact. Then I followed her inside as she started talking about the Machoke movers. The she sent me to my room. I went up there and it was already set up. Creepy. The clock I heard her mention was on the wall and I set it. Then my mom came up and she told me to go next door to meet the professor's kid. As I went downstairs, my dad, the Petalburg gym leader was on TV, but we just missed him. Oh well, i'll see him soon enough I hope.

-I walked outside and over to Birch's house and went in. A lady asked me my name and told me her daughter, May, was upstairs. Surprisingly, she didn't kick me out for randomly trespassing (as no one ever does). I went upstairs and met May, who went on telling me of her dreams and goals in life. I was floored. She hasn't known me for 30 seconds and she's telling me everything. May quickly apologized and walked out, remembering that she was supposed to help her dad, Professor Birch.

-After exiting, I heard shouting and a boy was trying to decide whether or not to help. Not wanting to waste time, I passed him and saw Birch, with a poochyana on his tail. The sight was almost comical, and he told me to grab a pokemon and help him. I did so and sent the pokemon out..... it was a torchic (you knew that was going to happen). After a short and easy battle with scratches and tackles flying around, the poochyana ran off. The professor thanked me and I followed him back to the lab, where i'm told that the torchic is a gift. I named him Derek, because I couldn't think of anything else. After the naming, Birch asked me to to get May from route 103.

-After traversing route 101 with some pokemon battles and Derek leveling up, the two of us stopped in Oldale town for a break. He's a fun and easygoing little guy, but is serious as a gyrados attack in battle, and quite skilled too. A lady with the pokemart showed me around and gave me a free potion, that's going to be useful. After the tour, I stopped into the pokemon center and got Derek healed, then continued onto 103.

-I found May and she challenged me to a battle. Lo and behold, she has a mudkip. There's nepotism at its finest. Derek and I had a bit of difficulty with the mudfish, but it went down and Derek learned focus energy! We both head back to the lab. Some guy got in my way, I moved one way and he kept blocking me. After that setback, I walk into the lab, where i'm given 5 pokeballs and a pokedex! The people here are so generous. Looks like i'm of on a journey. I tell my mother and she gives me running shoes, then reads off the instructions. There was something about a B button, I checked the shoes. THERE WAS NO B BUTTON, WHAT WORLD ARE WE LIVING IN?! Thanks to the nonexistent b button, i'm confused, but the shoes run by themselves, thankfully.

-I'm back on route 101 and i'm attacked by a wurmple, which I catch and nickname him Bugsy, and we all know where that nickname is from. He isn't very strong, however he's determined, which is good, because he has some catching up to do. No other battles after that, and I decided to stop for a break after all the excitement in the Oldale city pokemon center for the night. I know I could just go back home, but it's already dark, so that's not a bright idea.

Currant party:

Derek the Torchic  Lv. 7 Male

Bugsy the Wurple Lv. 2 Male

The Fallen: No one has died quite yet

Excuse the floaty Wurmple. I you know how to fix it, please tell me. Chapter 2 to come.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 16:51 by ShinyBlaziken2000 »

Offline Sesh16

• Psythor Fan
  • The Monado is Bad Ass!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 02:36 »
GO FOR IT DOOD!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 03:06 »
Good start. The writing style is a bit stiff, and written very factually. "This happened. I am here", sort of thing, you know? Maybe work on that a bit. Still, looking forward to seeing how this ends up.

Offline Sesh16

• Psythor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2014, 13:53 »
Good start. The writing style is a bit stiff, and written very factually. "This happened. I am here", sort of thing, you know? Maybe work on that a bit. Still, looking forward to seeing how this ends up.
Is he just typing up what happens when it happens while he is playing Ruby? Or is he making this up? (I know this is kinda a dumb question)
BTW. Richard? How did you make that epic Secret Base picture? (If there is a link to a website you used to make it, please link me to it) :)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 13:55 by Sesh16 »

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 14:07 »
He's posting what happens in a story format, but what I'm saying is that the writing style isn't as exciting as it could be. Just a small tip to make it more interesting for the reader, no offense meant of course.

Please use the Private Message feature when asking about something that isn't related to the thread, as it's not nice to derail the conversation about the topic at hand. As a courtesy, however, here is the site I used:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/

The Mega Blaziken was made by me, as was Serperior, and the Trainer sprite.

Anyway, yeah, looking forward to seeing what happens with your Nuzlocke, Blaze.

Offline Sesh16

• Psythor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 15:54 »
He's posting what happens in a story format, but what I'm saying is that the writing style isn't as exciting as it could be. Just a small tip to make it more interesting for the reader, no offense meant of course.

Please use the Private Message feature when asking about something that isn't related to the thread, as it's not nice to derail the conversation about the topic at hand. As a courtesy, however, here is the site I used:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/

The Mega Blaziken was made by me, as was Serperior, and the Trainer sprite.

Anyway, yeah, looking forward to seeing what happens with your Nuzlocke, Blaze.
Oh, ok. Sorry, I'm still kinda new. And thanks btw.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 16:45 »

((Yeah, i'm considering just going back to just telling what happened instead of making it a story. I'm not a terribly great writer, but maybe it was because of everything that happened in that first bit.))

Chapter 2: The Road to Petalburg

-The next morning, I woke up in the pokemon center in Oldale city. Looking at it again, it was quite small. Then again, it is a small town, so it's fitting. My trainer bag was slung on the edge of the bed, and seemed be untouched. I quickly got dressed and grabbed my bag, and surprisingly, both Bugsy and Derek were sitting by the stairs, waiting for me. When'd I send them out? I don't remember doing anything like that. Their pokeballs were on the ground, a few feet away. Guess they took matters into their own hands, erm feet, talons or something like that. A few minutes later, the wurmple and torchic have been returned and i'm walking down the stairs, still puzzled by what happened.

-Wanting to broaden my horizons, I decide to pass up route 103 and walk out onto route 102, since route 103 isn't much different from 101. It's a short walk, since the pokemon center is right near it. I barely take 2 steps on the route and some strange other trainer barrels towards me, demanding a battle. I accept and sent out Bugsy. The zigzagoon he sent out had my wurmple at a disadvantage in levels. Nonetheless, I battled on, using string shot to try and slow it down. It worked, but the raccoon was able to get a critical hit, sending Bugsy on the verge of fainting. I had to switch to Derek, who dealt with the zigzagoon easily. That was it, the battle was won, and after healing with a potion I had found, we continued on.

-Not too far after the first trainer, a bug catcher wanted to fight me. We both sent out wurmples, all his did is send string shots back and forth, then again, so did Bugsy. Eventually, the first one falls and the bug catcher sends another wurmple out. Not fooling around, it actually attacked with tackle, Bugsy used tackle too. Unlike the enemy, Bugsy got a critical hit and finished the battle. My wurmple got to level 5 and learned poison sting. Finally, an attack that isn't normal type.

-I kept walking, and a female trainer wanted to spar with me. I swear, what's with these people today? She sent out a poochyana, Bugsy came out. I fired a string shot, the dog used howl. I decided switching is a good idea. Bugsy came out, in went Derek. Poochyana used howl again. At +2, a single hit would likely faint one of my pokemon. The trainer ordered a tackle, the poochyana missed! Derek used scratch. Poochyana tried tackle again, and whiffed again! Another scratch and the dog was done. A tailow was next. Derek took a peck and dealt out a critical hit with scratch, that was it. For the rest of the route, Bugsy dealt with the rest of the trainers with ease, poisoning a lot with poison sting and getting a couple of critical hits in the process.

-Finally, route 102 faded into Petalburg City. After a brief rest at the pokemon center, I walked towards the gym to pay my dad, Norman, a visit. He welcomed me to the gym and asked me how everything was in Littleroot. Then, another boy, named Wally came in, said he needed to catch a pokemon. My dad loaned him a zigzagoon and asked me to tag along. Soon, Wally and I are on route 102 and what does he find? A ralts! On his first try, he's so lucky. Wally gives me a play-by-play on what he's doing to catch the ralts and catches it. We both walk back to the gym, where Wally gives the zigzagoon back and leaves. I finally get a chance to ask for a battle, I ask my dad to battle. He says to get stronger and collect other gym badges first. Lastly, he says there's a gym in Rustburo that I should try first. I walk out, slightly disappointed that I didn't get to battle.

-I walk back to route 102 to decide to train and see if I can find a ralts. Unsurprisingly, I find a zigzagoon. The raccoon is caught easily and I name her Izzy. The sky is dark by then. I hear rustling in the bushes, an old man comes out. "How's your journey?" he asks. I have no idea who he is, "Who are you?" I ask. He laughs, "That is not of your concern. Now tell me about your journey." I tell him the truth, "It's been way too easy, I wish it was more challenging." He laughs loudly, "Be careful what you wish for boy!" he says, and snaps his fingers. Nothing happens, but the man is long gone by now. Odd. I walk back to Petalburg, thinking everything over as Nurse Joy heals my pokemon in the Pokemon Center. Who was that man? I thought, taking back my pokemon. The nurse also hands me a letter, it reads:

You said you wanted a harder journey? Like I said, be careful what you wish for. Tread your path carefully, or your dreams will be crushed in the process.

-N

Who's N? I thought, walking upstairs. Maybe it was that old man. Maybe it's some sort of prank. At this point. I don't know or care. I lay down in one of the bed in the attic of the pokemon center, not able to sleep.

Currant party:

Derek the Torchic Lv. 8 Male

Bugsy the Wurmple Lv. 6 Male

Izzy the Zigzagoon Lv.4 Female

The fallen: No one has died quite yet

Sorry if this seems RPish to anyone, but this will at least make it a bit more interesting. I've already played up to Rustburo. The next wall of text is to come.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 16:51 by ShinyBlaziken2000 »

Offline Sesh16

• Psythor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2014, 19:48 »
This is epic dude! Keep up the great work. And good luck. That Torchic will be a bit of a problem in the first Gym, though, you probably already know that. xD

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2014, 20:18 »
^That's why i'm going to do a little thing called evolution. Plus I just caught something that will help in gym one.....

Hmmm.....? Who could N be? Anyone know? Answer's in the beginning.

Offline Sesh16

• Psythor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2014, 21:49 »
^That's why i'm going to do a little thing called evolution. Plus I just caught something that will help in gym one.....

Hmmm.....? Who could N be? Anyone know? Answer's in the beginning.
N IS NATHEN!!!!!!