Author Topic: My Internal Batteries have run dry.  (Read 7267 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline FuyGawkes

• Iceduck Fan
  • GRENAAAAAAAADE!!
    • View Profile
Re: My Internal Batteries have run dry.
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 21:22 »
If you want to start a new game and don't care about losing your old one just open it up (you shouldn't need any special tools or anything just do it with your hands), take the tabs off the battery and put in a new one.
I think it's a CR2025. Also if you accidentally break off the tabs just solder on some new ones. Be sure to use plenty of Electrical Tape it should work.
My story? Tell you what kid, MY stories a bit like a lickitung's tongue, it's long and messy and you don't want to get too personal with it, understand?

Offline Tombo

• (Diamond) 3050 4159 2247
  • Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2013, 22:45 »
This has happened to me too. I sold most of my DS pokemon games and my DS Lite earleir this year cos I had no money but I still have my old DS (With a cracked screen) and I found Ruby so I thought I'd load up a new game. I also have HEartGold to play afterwards!
Hello

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2013, 14:59 »
Actually, the game's RNG is affected so that it starts at the same point every time you load the save file. This affects the ability to SR shinies/IVs but not to REing shinies.

Offline Tahmid ishraque

• Rob Fan
  • Be a pokemon lover!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2013, 16:19 »
Well,you can fix it. You have to change the battery carefully. ;)

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Pokémon Breeder (For Petz, ask Petzbreeder ;3)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2014, 14:38 »
This can be either bad or good. Bad if you want to grow balls berries, good if you want to non-dirty-talking abuse RNG.
If you want to recharge the battery, you can not, unless (rumour starts) you transfer the Jirachi from Pokémon Channel or do something weird with Colosseum and that connexion with GBA. Or you can simply order a new one and replace it. Personally, I don't think the battery is a big deal, it just lets you evolve one Eevee form into either Espeon or Umbreon, or Lottery.

Here's a guide: http://www.overclock.net/t/465536/tutorial-replace-internal-battery-for-pokemon-ruby-sapphire-emerald
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

Offline GlitchedMage

• PKMN Mage
  • Pokemon Fan
  • You believe in glitches?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2014, 23:44 »
I just checked my pokemon emerald and yep you guessed it its dead. It is still playable though....minus the berry groves...that cave with the tides...the Pokeblock master....stuff like that.

Offline Tahmid ishraque

• Rob Fan
  • Be a pokemon lover!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2015, 11:51 »
You can replace a new battery.

Offline Krowler88

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2015, 12:16 »
Here's a little helpful advice and info for anyone who is experiencing "The internal battery has run dry":
For what i know of, this really only affects the "timed" events in the game. For example: The "High-tide"/"Low-tide" near Mossdeep in Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire. When you set your clock in the beginning of the game, that time will never change. So it could be permanently high-tide or low-tide. Also, Mirage Tower will never show up seeing as how, technically, the day, and time of day, will never change.
     To Fix This:
>You could either attempt at replacing the internal battery yourself by purchasing the battery required and a soldering gun. (You will run the risk of permanently damaging your game to where it becomes useless)
        OR
>Go to your local game store that still buys and re-sells GBA games And spend a fraction of the cost to have someone who's trained to know how to do it and have them do it for you.
I had taken mine to my local game store (Gaming Generations....not GameStop) and it only costed me $10 to have it done.
Something to think about....
Hope this was helpful and/or relevant

Offline Tahmid ishraque

• Rob Fan
  • Be a pokemon lover!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2015, 17:04 »
 "I want to replay Ruby and re-experience my favorite Pokéon games" -I like that......... 8)