Author Topic: Nathan's Soulsilver Nuzlocke Challenge  (Read 13726 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Legacy

• I know I'm in my own little world but it's ok, they know me here.
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Nathan's Soulsilver Nuzlocke Challenge
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2012, 21:44 »
CHAPTER 4 - Team Rocket and the Great Bug Out

I've met that old guy Kurt. Given his age he's actually quite the tough guy. I wouldn't cross him I know that for certain. I mentioned about the Slowpoke and the group wondering around the town like they owned the place and the next thing I know he's pretty much declaring war against the entire group on his own. I don't know if that's bravery or stupidity right now. His grandaughter approached me just after he left and asked me to follow to make sure he was ok. I'm assuming he's headed to the well, which appears to be the place the group are doing their deeds. I'd best get on down there I guess.

- Upon reaching the well one thing was clear; Kurt had obviously managed to get in. The guard was nowhere to be seen. However I could hear a dull groaning from the bottom of the well, so I decided to descend. Now I've reached the bottom and found out who was groaning. Kurt had slipped during his descent, and had landed hard on his back. He seemed ok, but he was quite slow moving, so I offered to deal with whoever this group was in his place. In return, if I succeeded, he agreed to inform me on this group and make pokeballs for me. With that in mind, I've stepped into the depths of the well.

The first thing I'm met by is the mere size of the group that were there. In total there were four, one of which I've recognised as the guard from the top. Two others are in similar clothing, but the last looks to be a higher up. Upon seeing me the grunts have decided to attack. They aren't too much of an issue, since they are using a mixture of Zubats, Ekans' and Rattata's, all of which I'd dealt with before. However I do seem to be getting their commander worked up. Good. He's next.

- Executive Proton he was called. I say was because I beat him already. Peter and Florence were outstanding. Peter easily dispatched his Zubat with just a couple of Quick Attacks. I had to pull him out against Proton's Koffing though after he was poisoned. I'm not risking losing Peter. I sent Florence in to dispose of the Koffing, of which she did admirably with a couple of Water Guns. Before he left Proton warned me to be afraid of what was to come. If I'm honest, I can't get any more afraid right now than I already am.

Kurt managed to come in after Proton and his thugs left, and I've assisted him back to his home. He's told me that Proton is an Executive of Team Rocket, a group of thugs that will do anything for money. They were apparently disbanded by a boy called Red three years ago, but seem to be on the uprise again. After that talk he tells me he's more than happy to make pokeballs for me, before he goes to cheer his grandaughter up; she was pretty worried about him. I decide to leave Kurt's house and head to the pokemon centre. Peter needs healing from the poison. After this I guess it's time for the Gym...if it's anything like my first one then I'm dreading it...

- What is it about Gyms and critical hits? So far, having beaten all the trainers, I've been hit by 8 critical hits, 3 of them on Peter. He was left at minimal HP at one point, but managed to pull through with a Quick Attack next turn to end the battle. I've quickly rushed off to heal before I take on Bugsy. He's going to be tough I know that...so I'm going to head to Route 33 and train a little before I take him on.

Oh yeah, here's a shocker - the egg hatched. The pokemon inside was a Togepi, whom I named Toby. I've put him in the PC until after I've battled Bugsy. The last thing I want is to lose Toby shortly after his birth.

- The training was most definitely worthwhile. My pokemon are well levelled now, and on top of that, Peter evolved. Florence is struggling to adjust to the change in size of one of her closest friends. I'll be off against Bugsy shortly, feeling rather confident in my team.

- So here it is, me versus Bugsy. He opened up with Scyther, something I haven't battled yet. Looking at it's scythes, I know for a fact we're in for a rough time. I wasn't wrong at all. Scyther opened up with Leer on Peter, who simply whirlwinded the Scyther away. In came Kakuna, who was dealt with easily. When Scyther came back in, Peter reduced it's accuracy drastically with three sand attacks. In that time it was only able to get Focus Energy up. And then I switched in Andy. I guess this I should've seen it coming after what happened to Rachel. Andy reduced the Scyther's attack with Intimidate. Then the next turn, Scyther hit with a Quick Attack...a critical hit which sent Andy sprawled out to the floor, his life taken before he'd had a chance to register what had happened. My blood boiled as I brought Peter back in. The sight of his lost friend seemed to spur Peter on, turning him destructive. He demolished Bugsy's remaining pokemon in two Critical Hits with Gust. But that doesn't make the pain of losing Andy any easier. As I accepted the badge and TM89 from Bugsy, Florence gave the Scyther one last kick, before we leave the Gym with Andy in my arms. I buried Andy outside Slowpoke Well. Kurt helped me with the burial. Afterall, it was there that Andy gained a lot of his strength during my training before I took on Bugsy. May he rest in peace there.

We've now headed to the pokemon centre for a while. Andy's loss seems to have hit Peter hard. He hasn't eaten since we got back. Those two must've been closer than I realised. I just hope he can get his head around it and move on along with the rest of us, because he's going to be just as instrumental in our struggle now as ever.

Kurt told me that he'd seen some guy with red hair pass through a couple of times...it must be Blake. So I'm planning to intercept him the next time he passes through.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Florence - Level 16

- Water Gun
- Swift
- Quick Attack
- Pursuit

Peter - Level 19

- Whirlwind
- Sand Attack
- Gust
- Quick Attack

Kyle - Level 13

- Harden
- Fury Attack
- Focus Energy
- Rock Smash

Azel - Level 12

- Leech Life
- Supersonic
- Astonish

Katie - Level 8

- Splash
- Synthesis
- Tail Whip
- Bullet Seed

Toby - Level 1

- Growl
- Charm
- Extrasensory
Those laid to rest:
Rachel the Rattata
Andy the Ekans
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 00:26 by Solitaire »
No man is ever truly good.
No man is ever truly evil.
I do the things you never could,
and we won't ever be equal

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2012, 23:39 »
Aww, poor Andy. ;-;

Tough break, that. Critical Hits were what dealt out about 90% of Brian's Pokemon as well. ):

Keep on pressing forward, though, I know you'll pull through. :>
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Legacy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, 00:44 »
Crits are horrible :(

Chapter 5 will be up tomorrow =]

Also, if you're all in agreement with it, I'm considering making a minor exception to rule 2. Only in the Bug-Catching Contest and the Safari Zone (once the badge in the nearest city is won) is it possible to choose which pokemon you capture. However you may still only capture ONE (this means if I catch a Caterpie in the bug-catching contest, I must end the contest immediately with said Caterpie). If you're in agreement with this then this rule will be added. If not then this rule will NOT be added. It's that simple =]

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2012, 00:51 »
Doesn't seem in the Nuzlocke spirit to ever make an exception to rule 2. If Nuzlocke wants you to have a grand bug to beat the Bug Catching Contest, that is the first thing you will find. :>

Offline Enigma

• Here to train for the Kanto League 8]
  • Elite Four Member
  • Joeno Fan
  • Back for a bit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2012, 00:53 »
Personally, I think it's more fun to go completely by the nuzlocke rules. That way, you end up training some really weird stuff you would never have thought of getting. I mean, I never would have thought I'd have been training a Stunfisk - and finding it good ingame! But Avalon did. Maybe you'll catch something crazy like a Sunkern and it'll be ~amazing~ and you'll wuv sunkern for ever?

But either way, it's your run through man, it's your call. =]

postsniped - I agree with Rich =P

Offline Uncle Garnetto

• I'm here
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • I AM ... YOUR MASTER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2012, 14:13 »
I agree with the others, it is better if you dont. To me, one of the points of the Nuzlocke is that you get pushed into training and using a team you usually wouldn't, and for me that has worked it well in the past(I love girafarig now, that wouldn't have happened if not for the Nuzlocke run).
So I think it would count as cheating to do that, especially the safari zone... But your rules, if you feel it is close enough to the rules, it is up to you
I am the champion, my friends!
I have ALL 646 pokemans, in my boxes, legitimately gained, in order( and an awesome team). I am the dex MASTER.
i will take all battles, if you want to challenge me and i hope to take part in upcoming tourneys

Offline Legacy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2012, 14:18 »
You keep using that word 'cheating' XD It's hardly cheating if it's my run through haha

But I'm agreed, it was just something I thought I'd ask about since I'm nearing that stage. As peryour instruction, the rule will remain intact.

Offline Uncle Garnetto

• I'm here
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • I AM ... YOUR MASTER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2012, 15:14 »
Sorry, I didn't mean cheating in a bad way, but in my eyes, breaking/bending/ altering the rules (regardless of whose rules they are) is called cheating. Sorry if the way I worded it isn't pleasing too you... Plus you are talking to altering one of the 2 permanent rules of a Nuzlocke trial, so if you call it one, people can call it cheating if you break/alter those 2rules
Finally read my whole post. I say it is up to you
I am the champion, my friends!
I have ALL 646 pokemans, in my boxes, legitimately gained, in order( and an awesome team). I am the dex MASTER.
i will take all battles, if you want to challenge me and i hope to take part in upcoming tourneys

Offline Legacy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2012, 09:57 »
Sorry for the delay on this one. I've been away for a few days =] Anyway, without further ado:

CHAPTER 5 - Contrasts and Mazes
Peter has begun eating again now. He took some convincing, but Florence and Kyle seem to have perked him up a little thankfully. It's odd how three very different pokemon have become so close so quickly. I really hope I don't lose any of those three...anyway, I've now left the pokemon centre and I'm waiting at the entrance to Ilex Forest to see if Blake shows. Apparently, according to Kurt, he arrived at 2PM yesterday, so I'm hoping to catch him here at the same time...

- Well, I was waiting for a while but he turned up. He seems different again...confident and cocky as always, but not in his usual way. He keeps stating how he hates weak trainers. And the fact he added me to that...well, it was clear he isn't in his right mind. We battled, and I won with ease thanks to Florence and Peter. But it wasn't enough...he's rushed on ahead now, leaving me behind again. I'm going to heal up then follow him. It's gonna be tough. Ilex Forest is like a maze.

- I've entered the forest, and the first pokemon I'm met by is a Paras. I bring in Azel and capture it easily. I named my new found friend Patrick, then sent him off to the PC. Now I have to get a couple of Farfetch'd back for a guy who'd managed to lose them. Fun times. It seems they're sensitive to movement, so I'm trying to find a route where I don't step on too many fallen branches. Why he can't grab them himself I don't know, but I may as well help as I'm here, since I can't get through the forest without HM Cut...

- Well that was fairly easy.  Got some good training for Toby as I ran around tricking those Farfetch'd and to top it off, I was given HM01 Cut, which will allow me to head northwards, where I'm assuming Blake was headed. He's had a fair headstart though...I hope I can catch up to him sooner rather than later. Back on the topic of Toby, he seems to have fit into the role Andy left behind very well. He's levelled well already, and he's actually helping others to level up too. The real odd thing though is how similar to Andy he really is...he's just as docile, and actually very relaxed. I think Peter has noticed it was well, and it's had a good effect on him.

- Travelling from Ilex Forest to Goldenrod City was surprisingly difficult and I've begun to realise just how difficult this challenge is. My team struggled against some of the trainers who were using electric types; a curse of having to capture only one pokemon I suppose. I caught a Drowzee on this route and named her Dorothy. She seems relatively relaxed, but she really isn't a good battler.

- Wow...from one maze to another. Goldenrod City is huge. I've been around a few times now and I'm still nearly getting lost as I go. I entered the Dept. Store earlier, and that's pretty huge as well...while I was there I found a trainer who offered to trade Dorothy for his Machop. I had to think for a while, but Dorothy answered for me when she burst from her pokeball. I don't think she was getting along with the others. I now have a Machop named Muscle, and I've grown really attached to the...girl? Well I guess she doesn't mind the name. She's playful, and seems to enjoy playing around with Florence. I've seen the two play-fighting on numerous occasions already.

- I'm certain I met that old man again...I entered the game corner and played Voltorb Flip for a while...that game is addictive. I racked up a good number of coins and headed to the table to claim a prize. But when I was there I got a strange chill right through me. There was only one man at the table, who told me to sit. He then placed down three cards, ordering me to choose one at random. Upon choosing one he looked at it and handed me a pokeball. I took it from him and placed my coins on the table, to find he was gone, replaced by two different men. On the table was another card; exactly like the one I found in Cherrygrove City. I looked at the card in more detail, and it shows two pokemon on it - Rachel and Andy...he's watching my every move isn't he?

I left the game corner and opened the pokeball. Looks like I picked a good card because out popped a Dratini. I named her Dana. She's a bit...hyper to say the least. She keeps thrashing about like nobodies business. Toby seems to find her highly interesting at least.

- I've headed to the Radio Tower next. They had this competition on to win a radio card for my pokegear. The questions were relatively easy though, so how someone else hasn't won the competition I'll never know. While I was there I met a girl. No, not in that way...I mean the gym leader Whitney. She applauded me on winning the competition, then headed off to the Gym...I'm assuming she's waiting for me there, so I'm off to change my team around and begin training...my experiences with gyms tell me this is NOT going to be a fun time...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Florence - Level 17

- Water Gun
- Swift
- Quick Attack
- Pursuit

Peter - Level 19

- Whirlwind
- Sand Attack
- Gust
- Quick Attack

Kyle - Level 13

- Harden
- Fury Attack
- Focus Energy
- Rock Smash

Muscle  - Level 17

- Low Kick
- Karate Chop
- Leer
- Focus Energy

Dana - Level 15

- Leer
- Thunder Wave
- Twister
- Dragon Rage

Toby - Level 13

- Sweet Kiss
- Charm
- Extrasensory
- Metronome

Those laid to rest:
Rachel the Rattata
Andy the Ekans

I'd just like to say, had I not caught Drowzee I couldn't have traded, so I was lucky there. The Game Corner was also done strictly on luck using a random number generator;
1 = Abra, 2 = Sandshrew, 3 = Dratini. I got a three. I actually wanted a two, but no complaints really.

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2012, 11:39 »
This was a fun update! I'm glad everyone pulled through, and it's nice to see the new additions to the team. Looking forward to the next part. :>

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2012, 17:15 »
Keep it up! Whitney's gym was the only gym that lost me two pokemon at once =(

Offline Legacy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2012, 15:46 »
CHAPTER 6 - The many oddities of girls and trees

After a short amount of training I feel we're ready to take on the Goldenrod City Gym. Despite our past pain and suffering, with the new additions of Muscle and Dana, I'm feeling quietly confident about challenging Whitney.

- We entered the gym and with Muscle alongside me, we completely took the trainers by storm. It was odd battling in a gym with all girls...they're a very flirtatious bunch. I think they were attempting to put me off though, since their scowls afterwards were rather darker than the smiles they had when I entered the gym. Not long now...just Whitney to go.

- Whitney got lucky early on, her first Metronome move being a Sleep Powder. While Muscle was asleep though she didn't do very much, which I'm thankful for. But now it's Miltank...seeing it...I was actually dreading it now. And rightfully so. Her opening Stomp attack made Muscle flinch. The second hit didn't though, and Muscle hit back with Karate Chop; but the move that had knocked down every other pokemon in the gym in one hit seemed to barely scratch the cow-like pokemon...but I can't give in this easily. There had to be a way to break through. Muscle used Low Kick next. Should've used it the first time. Miltank's weight caused it to crash to the ground hard, finishing the job without us really stepping out of second gear. When I went to retrieve my badge though Whitney was...crying? Oh god...

- I felt horrible. In a way I wanted to cry with her, but for a very different reason of course...at least her pokemon could be revived...
As I prepared to leave without my badge a trainer stopped me and hugged me tight. She informed me that Whitney would be fine, and one day so would I. I guess I showed a bit of emotion in here. It made me feel unbelievably awkward actually. I managed to get free of the grip and the trainer told me to speak to Whitney.
Doing as I was told - I couldn't have left since they'd blocked the door - I returned to Whitney. She seemed to calm down quite quickly, and even spoke to me about another trainer she'd battle recently. The way he acted sounded an awful lot like Blake...so I told her my story,  about Andy and Rachel, and she seemed shocked...I guess she'd never expected it. Anyway I've left now after she gave me my badge and a talk about how things will probably get harder. I don't plan on going back for a while. I started to feel more and more feminine in that building...

- I was stopped again by a girl as I headed towards the pokemon center. Am I suddenly attracting every girl in the city? Wishful thinking maybe since she simply gave me a watering can of some description and informed me of a strange tree north of Goldenrod City. I guess she wants a favour...beating Whitney seems to have made me a hit with the locals...or maybe it's just the girls? Damn I need to stop thinking about girls...I blame Whitney. She must've used that TM on me...

- As I headed northwards I was stopped by several trainers. I decided Dana and Florence could do with some exercise, and they certainly didn't let me down. I'm proud of them. Dana is really fitting in well now. As I continued a blue rodent-esque pokemon jumped out at me sticking it's tongue out and rolling about. It was a female Nidoran, and it seemed to enjoy playing about. It seems to enjoy keeping us entertained. I caught her and named her Nina.

- I was stopped again as I was nearing the National Park. There was some sort of a bug-catching contest going on. I had no choice but to wait, so I decided to enter myself and see what it was like. But it looks like the same rules apply here as in the rest of my journey; one chance to catch one pokemon...the first one I found was a Caterpie. Using Dana I paralysed it. But it seemed not to care and dozed off anyway. I caught her and named her Catherine. I was surprised to come second in the contest. I was beaten only by a Scyther...speaks volumes I guess. Catherine hasn't changed since I caught her. She spends most, if not all of her time asleep.

- That strange tree? It was a pokemon, and jeez was it a tough one. I nearly lost Florence to an instant Low Kick critical hit, so I immediately switched to Muscle. One Low Kick from her pulled the Sudowoodo's health down low, and then I caught it in a Great Ball. It turns out that the Sudowoodo was a female, and so I named her Sally. I swear she's almost exactly like Catherine...there must be something around the north of Goldenrod that causes pokemon to doze off or something. I must've woken her up with that Squirtbottle which is why she lashed out.

- Continuing north I found a pokemon I'd only seen once before; Ledyba. I remember battling it at Azalea. This was an easy capture, since it seemed to be more curious of what I was doing rather than objecting to it. I caught her (another female? Whitney must've done SOMETHING...) and named her Leanne. A short distance ahead was Ecruteak City, and I took the opportunity to rest up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Florence - Level 19

- Water Gun
- Swift
- Quick Attack
- Pursuit

Peter - Level 20

- Whirlwind
- Sand Attack
- Gust
- Quick Attack

Kyle - Level 16

- U-Turn
- Cut
- Focus Energy
- Rock Smash

Muscle  - Level 22

- Low Kick
- Karate Chop
- Revenge
- Focus Energy

Dana - Level 17

- Leer
- Thunder Wave
- Twister
- Dragon Rage

Toby - Level 16

- Sweet Kiss
- Yawn
- Extrasensory
- Metronome

Those laid to rest:
Rachel the Rattata
Andy the Ekans

------------------------------------

I apologise for the delay in this. I misplaced my DS for a while, then there were a lot of birthdays (my own included) and I've only just gotten around to typing this up. I hope you enjoy the latest chapter all the same =]

Here is a picture my girlfriend drew before I continued on my Nuzlocke. Just thought you guys might like it =] she's currently doing a Nuzlocke on my Leaf Green game, which I may post on here. It's based around food <.<

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2012, 21:55 »
That was soooo good for a chapter! I laughed every time you mentioned that 'Whitney must of done SOMETHING'. Genius.

Oh, and keep up the good naming skills you seem to have!

Offline Legacy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2012, 21:59 »
The worst part? Continuing onwards, I've just caught another pokemon. You have one guess what the gender is -__- haha.

Thanks =] I'm glad you enjoyed this chapter. I'm taking it a lil slower atm due to being busy with the end of college looming.

EDIT: Maybe not JUST yet =P Here''s the next chapter.

CHAPTER 7 - Spirits of Past and Present

Upon entering Ecruteak City I could feel something was off. There was a crowd outside of what must've been some kind of an important building, and a crowd usually means something exciting or something troubling. After healing my pokemon, I decided to head in and investigate. Afterall, anything I find may lead me to Blake or to this 'Nuzlocke' character...

- Upon entering the Kimono Dance Theatre I saw a familiar sight; a Team Rocket grunt causing issues and seemingly mocking the dancer. Seeing how no-one stepped in to help, I took it upon myself to do so - I'm not quite sure why i was helping...As per usual though, the grunt was put down quite quickly. What's troubling me is how he mentioned 'plans' before he left...are Team Rocket planning something bigger than what I saw at the Slowpoke Well?

After helping the dancer she informed me of another young man she'd seen entering Ecruteak City about an hour before. The description was what I'd expected; red hair, dark clothing, bad attitude and a cold, dark feel about him. It was Blake without a doubt. She informed me he'd headed to the Burnt Tower to the west.

- I found Blake exactly where I'd expected to. But it seems he was intentionally waiting for me. I think I'm losing him more and more as time goes on. When I spoke out about him changing he punched me...he's never done that. He then released his Gastly from it's pokeball. I wasn't taking his nonsense anymore. Clearly I've lost the Blake I once knew, and I had to play his way if I was to get him back.

The battle that ensued was vicious. I nearly lost Toby AND Dana due to being confused, cursed, or just being out-stalled by Blake's Bayleef, who used Synthesis and Reflect to great effect. Thankfully though I outwitted him. I brought in Kyle, and had him use Rock Smash a few times. Then as soon as Reflect faded, I hit with U-Turn. Thanks to the defence drops, it took down Bayleef in one hit. Upon my victory I looked up to see Blake seemingly uncaring for what had happened. He shoved past me, causing me to fall down the gap in the floorboards and crash to the floor.

Kyle followed behind me, and hovered beside me as I stood. My eyes had to adjust for a moment, but when I saw what was stood before me I shivered in shock and anticipation; three large, dog-like pokemon stood before me, one red, one yellow and one blue. The red and yellow one fled...but the blue one...it seemed to look deep into me, almost knowingly, before he followed suit...the moment it locked eyes with me...I now know that this pokemon - who a man named Eusine informed me was called Suicune - is something else I'm going to need to follow. I feel Suicune holds some more answers to my ever-increasing number of questions. As I left I returned Kyle to his pokeball and met up with Florence again; she'd been unable to reach me when I fell. She was too busy sniffing around at first to notice me, but upon realisation she rushed up to me, nearly tackling me straight back down through the floorboards again. I'm glad she didn't. I still have a headache from falling down the first time.

- After healing up we've headed back to the Burnt Tower. It wasn't long before we found a Koffing (female, again). The Koffing was looking around at an item on the ground. Taking the opportunity, I threw a pokeball at her. One, two...yup three shakes and then it was still. I named my new-found friend 'Wyn'.  I then picked up the item that Wyn had been looking at; it was a HP up. I've ended up using it on Toby, since he could do with the HP boost. After we've trained him up a little here we'll be headed towards the Gym, with Toby taking the lead.

- Ghost types. I guess Toby was the smartest option, but boy are they a pain in the ass. The main issue was that every trainer I fought used Mean Look, followed by Confuse Ray and then Curse. Toby had a tough time fighting out of the confusion a lot of the time. I had an opportunity to switch against the last trainer, and so I brought in Florence. I nearly regretted it, as the trainer pulled the same trick again, but this time had Night Shade on her side. Florence struggled against the confusion, and eventually I had to call an all or nothing Pursuit. If Florence missed or hurt herself, it was the end, since her Curse or Gastly's Night Shade would finish her. As I watched my Buizel prepare, she suddenly seemed to snap out of confusion and took down the Gastly in one hit, ending the battle with no more damage done. I quickly rushed to the pokemon centre to ensure she was ok and I'm now taking a short break before taking on Morty. Florence is currently curled up in my lap, exhausted. I gave her an Everstone after the battle and even in her sleep she's still clutching at it despite it being on a ribbon around her neck. Peter and Kyle are stood either side of me, although I'm not sure if it's me they're protecting or if it's Florence. I've never seen three completely different pokemon be so close to one another. It's nice. Toby is busy running after Dana who just seems to be enjoying thrashing about on the floor aimlessly. Muscle on the other hand is currently helping the staff, picking up tables and cleaning under them. Such a strange assortment of personalities...and yet they all seem to fit together really well.

- Morty. I expected him to be difficult. He really wasn't. I used Toby as planned, but he was put to sleep twice by Haunter. I woke him both times with Awakening, preventing the Haunter from using Dream Eater. Toby then followed up with Yawn, putting the Haunter to sleep while his opponent missed twice with Hypnosis. I then ordered Toby to hit with Extrasensory. Haunter didn't last long...in fact, none of Morty's pokemon were able to stop Toby from repeating the same procedure on them. Only his final Haunter was able to hurt Toby, and that was through Curse. With Toby taking all the experience, he evolved into a Togetic, becoming only my SECOND evolved pokemon.

When I recieved my Badge Morty's eyes seemed to glaze over. He told me that Rachel and Andy were watching over me, that even now they were stood beside me, Florence and Toby. When his eyes came back to focus he gave me my badge and the TM Shadow Ball, and informed me that Nuzlocke was indeed watching my every move, although where he was watching from was unknown. I thanked Morty and returned Toby to his pokeball, before Florence and I left. Our next aim I believe is either Olivine City to the west, or Mahogany Town to the east. I guess that's a decision I'll make while we take a short rest.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Florence - Level 21

Item: Everstone
- Surf
- Swift
- Aqua Jet
- Pursuit

Peter - Level 20

Item: Shell Bell
- Whirlwind
- Sand Attack
- Gust
- Quick Attack

Kyle - Level 17

Item:
- U-Turn
- Cut
- Focus Energy
- Rock Smash

Muscle  - Level 22

Item: Macho Brace
- Low Kick
- Karate Chop
- Revenge
- Focus Energy

Dana - Level 18

Item:
- Leer
- Thunder Wave
- Twister
- Dragon Rage

Toby - Level 24

Item:
- Sweet Kiss
- Yawn
- Extrasensory
- Metronome

Those laid to rest:
Rachel the Rattata
Andy the Ekans
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 11:28 by Solitaire »

Offline Legacy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2012, 11:52 »
((Double posting purely due to the length of the posts))

I'll warn you now, this is a sad chapter. Have your handkerchiefs/tissues at the ready...

CHAPTER 8 - The Light in Dark Times - Part 1

After our break I opened up my map and began to look at which route to take. After a few moments Florence joined in and jabbed her paw at Olivine City on the map, so I'm assuming that's where she wanted to go. I wasn't going to argue with her, since she'd made my decision easier. So off we go, to Olivine City.

- First thing I was met by as I left Ecruteak City was what appeared to be a magnet. However when I went to pick it up I felt a shock through my body and fell backwards. The magnet was actually a Magnemite! How did I not know this? I released Kyle from his pokeball, and he instantly hit the Magnemite with a Rock Smash, taking a thundershock from the magnet pokemon as if it were nothing. He then followed up with U-turn, allowing me to switch in Dana, who took another Thundershock with ease. With it's health low, I threw a pokeball and caught the Magnemite, which I named Marshall.

- Kyle...I'm so, so sorry...I let you down...

As we ran through the grass we were met by a Raticate. Kyle used Rock Smash, and was met by a Hyper Fang. The attack took a lot of health off, so I attempted to switch him out. But the Raticate was merciless. He took Kyle down with Pursuit, ending my friend's life before he reached the safety of his pokeball. Florence was the one to step up to the field, and Peter burst from his pokeball too as if to support Florence immediately if she needed it. She didn't though, using Surf to completely destroy the Raticate. Afterwards I took Kyle to a tree in Bellchime Trail and buried him beside it. I've been sat here beside him for a little while now, with Florence and Peter on either side of me. We're like a family mourning for a lost brother...Peter seems to be the stronger one now. Florence is cuddled into me. She hasn't stopped crying since we got here. I suppose we should leave soon...

- Today is not a good day. Marshall and Nina have just been added to my list of lost friends. Marshall fell while battling against a Sailor as we neared Olivine City. Neither of us expected his Krabby to fire off a Mud Shot...with a 4x weakness, Marshall stood no chance. I switched in Dana who dealt with the Krabby, while Muscle beat the Sailor's Raticate. We headed back to MooMoo Farm, and I was allowed to bury Marshall there. Losing a close friend hurt so much, but losing a new friend just made things a lot worse and more painful. But it wasn't over yet. As I trained Nina in the hopes of trying to rebuild my team, she was knocked out in one hit by a critical hit Thundershock from a wild Magnemite just a few metres from where Marshall fell. I took her back to Moomoo Farm but the farmer there confirmed what I'd thought for the second time...I'd just lost my third friend in one day.

As we continued I found a Meowth. With losing three pokemon so close together, I just KNOW I'm going to need to catch some more. I caught him and named him Dylan, similar to my mother's old Persian Delilah. Call it a memory I'd like to bring back that might help me get through today...

- Olivine City...who knew the short journey here would be so rough? Upon our arrival we saw Blake. Rather than battling this time though, he made a joke at a pokemon's expense. There was a sick pokemon at the top of the lighthouse, and the Olivine City Gym Leader was up there with it. He then left with his usual shove past me. I pressed onto the pokemon centre and took some time to rest up and get my head together. We'll be off to the Lighthouse soon to see how we can help that sick pokemon...I've lost five of my own pokemon already, and I wouldn't forgive myself if that sick pokemon died while knowing I could've and should've helped it. Before I leave, I'll be taking Dylan out of the PC to fill my sixth slot.

- I'm on the edge of madness...Dylan...why now? I barely knew you...

Another critical hit, this time from a Pidgey using Quick Attack...Dylan never stood a chance...I just don't know what to do anymore. Whenever I start to bond with my pokemon I begin to lose them. And yet somehow Florence is keeping me going. As we buried Dylan outside of the lighthouse, Florence looked up at me and poked my cheek, before looking up at the Lighthouse itself. She's right I guess...we need to keep moving forward. I quickly returned to the Pokemon Centre to withdraw Catherine the Caterpie, and then headed onwards and upwards in the Lighthouse. But in the back of my mind I'm in agony. Our losses on this journey have tripled in one day...

- I've finally reached the top (during which time Catherine evolved twice to become a Butterfree), and I've met a girl named Jasmine and an Ampharos nicknamed Amphy. Jasmine has confirmed that Amphy is the sick pokemon. She's trying so hard to keep it going...but she doesn't have the medicine that's needed. Apparently the medicine needed is stocked only on Cianwood City, which is on an island on the other side of the ocean. I can't let this girl and her pokemon down...I don't think my pokemon would allow me to, especially with how Florence looked up at me, as if expecting me to offer to cross the ocean. With a sigh I did exactly that. I've never seen someone smile so much at something I've said before...I sure as hell can't let Jasmine down now. Apparently there is a Gym at Cianwood as well, so I could probably get the badge there while I'm at it.

My team headed down the Lighthouse again and are now resting up for a short while before we begin our journey across the ocean. But a part of me is dreading the journey...how many more pokemon can I lose?

Florence - Level 24

Item: Everstone
- Surf
- Swift
- Aqua Jet
- Pursuit

Peter - Level 22

Item: Shell Bell
- Whirlwind
- Twister
- Gust
- Quick Attack

Muscle  - Level 23

Item: Macho Brace
- Low Kick
- Karate Chop
- Revenge
- Focus Energy

Dana - Level 21

Item:
- Slam
- Thunder Wave
- Twister
- Dragon Rage

Toby - Level 24

Item:
- Sweet Kiss
- Yawn
- Extrasensory
- Metronome

Catherine - Level 20

Item:
- Tackle
- String Shot
- Bug Bite
- N/A

Those laid to rest:
Rachel the Rattata
Andy the Ekans
Kyle the Beedrill
Marshall the Magnemite
Nina the Nidoran (F)
Dylan the Meowth

------------------------------------------------------------------

Sad times are sad indeed. I'm already writing up the next chapter so stay tuned ;)