Author Topic: Arcane Rivalry [J] [Pw]  (Read 26794 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Rivalry [J] [Pw]
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2013, 14:45 »
"You have until sundown." said Afi. He walks inside the house, seeming to trust me completely. If my task fails and my fire catch on the house, he will die, and I will be responsible. I can't risk his life, so instead of doing something rash, as usual, I control a stream of flames to the nearest trees. I see part of it near the house and immediately put it out.

((Note that my thoughts are in //)

//I must do this slowly, but swiftly. If I go too fast, the house will burn, if I go too slow, I will not finish.//

As I work, the flames would creep closer to the house, then I would put it out. I finish just as my teacher comes out. "You have done well, you may come and go as you wish." he says.

Later that night, I pack for my journey to Equinox, which includes polishing the staff that Afi gave me. I have no idea what it does but he told me, "When you are in dire situations, this will give you power, but will also drain it. Use only when there is no other way out of any situation." So, I go up to the roof, and glance at the stars, wondering what my new life will be like.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

quack98

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2013, 15:03 »
It's getting fairly dark, must be around 10pm, and I'm sat on a brick wall outside a reasonably reputable take-out in Equinox. As I watch the strangers go by, I wonder how many of them know magic... How many of them practice the lores I betrayed... How many are in this...

\\I know how much this rivalry destroyed the city years back, and I really don't want to fight... I guess it can't be helped, but I'll just try to stay out of the way of Day Warlocks as much as I can...\\
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 18:32 by ディック »

Offline MzLuluZombi

• Resident Malfunctioning AI / Zombie Fanatic
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Enthusiast for overdone undead creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2013, 15:36 »
Equinox is larger than I had thought.  There's litter on the pavement and a scent in the air that made me cough just a few minutes before.  It's probably good that I came into the city at night; the fewer people to run into, the better.  I'm too tired to sneak out of sight anyway.  There's nothing about my clothes that makes me stand out to people anyway.  I imagine they must think I'm just another ordinary teenager, which is perfectly fine by me.

I stop by a wall covered in what I believe is street art.  I look around, carefully taking in passers-by, and I can't help but let my thoughts wander.

//How many of these people know magic?  How many can manipulate it?  You'd think that with all I've heard about Equinox, there'd be more signs of warlocks for all to see.//
RubyRobin: Would a morph with Grumpig be able to do his swag dancing?
MzLuluZ: BOOOOOOOOOOY, YOU CAN HAVE ALL THE SWAG DANCING YOU WANT!
RubyRobin: Yaaaaaay!!! I shall do Grumpigs swag dance aaaaaaaaaalll day xD
Quote from: The Entertainer
So uhmmmm, you quote yourself huh?
.......not weird at all kiddo :p

Wolstenholme

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2013, 16:48 »
I cannot sleep, my mind is filled with made up tales of adventure.
// What will I find in Equinox? Friends? Enemies? What will I learn about myself? What more will I learn of magic and what it entails? //

So I set off. The walk was hard and my feet got sorer by the minute until I felt like there was a gaping hole where my feet used to be but I did not stop until I reached the City Limits. The sun was about to reach over the clouds and grace the skyline. I stopped to watch but fall asleep from exhaustion where I had sat down.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2013, 00:23 »
The next day, I set off for the city of Equinox, excited and a bit nervous. I've heard many different things about the city, and not all of them are good. Good thing that the distance is only a day's walk. Right outside of the city limits, I decide to stop for the night. I gather enough wood for a good sized fire, and ignite it. I lay down and settle in for the night. Then, I look around and see a girl, about the same age, maybe a couple of years off, who seems to be asleep.

//Should I wake her up? Well, no, that would be rude. However, what if something happens. I'll wait until the morning.//

I look up to the night sky, and wait for sleep to overtake me.

Wolstenholme

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2013, 00:59 »
I feel slightly numb, Opening my eyes I see bright sunlight and quickly shut them again.

//Great, sunspots on my eyes. How long have I been asleep?//

I feel the burn of eyes on me.

//But how many? two? four? eight?//

I reach out with my senses, being a Biomancer often paid off. One person. Male. My age give or take. Friendly? Who knows?
I attempt to sit up.

Offline Private Delano Donut

• if i ignore you im sort of sorry
  • Rob Fan
  • i like talking to people about 75% of the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2013, 01:15 »
((uh??? mind filling me in on exactly where people are at guys??? :/))

if i could fall into the sky, do you think time would pass me by?

Wolstenholme

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2013, 01:15 »
((Why don't you read it!  ^.^))

Offline Private Delano Donut

• if i ignore you im sort of sorry
  • Rob Fan
  • i like talking to people about 75% of the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2013, 01:39 »
((yeah that was the first thing i did. im not that stupid?? im just stupid enough to still be confused.))

if i could fall into the sky, do you think time would pass me by?

quack98

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2013, 01:44 »
((Basically everyone is in different areas, presumably about to meet up. For your first post, I'd suggest stating where you are.))

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2013, 02:16 »
I hear movement near me, so I open my eyes, slowly. The girl is awake. I stand up and look over at my pack, thank god, my staff is still there. I look to the fire, is is out, good, nothing but ashes. The girl is sitting up. "Glad to see you are awake, but the question is, who are you?" I ask.

Wolstenholme

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2013, 02:19 »
"Me? My name is Chloe."
I look around, we're just outside the city limits.

"I.... I remember getting here but I don't remember falling to sleep. Do you know how long I've been out? When did you get here? How long have you been with me? Who are you?"

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2013, 02:26 »
"Alright, I suppose I can wait to head in to the city. First, I'm Edan. I've been here i'd guess," I glance at the sun, just coming up, "about 6 hours, you were asleep when I arrived. So, I'll prepare for the day, and if you'd like to go into the city with me, be ready in about an hour." I say, as I light another fire to cook breakfast.

Wolstenholme

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2013, 02:32 »
"You could be anyone, how do I know I can trust you, and why where you asleep next to me?"

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2013, 02:35 »
"Well, you don't have to trust me, but it seems we both have never been to this city, it would not be in our best interests to become enemies. However, becoming allies is also not required. I'll back off if you want me to." I say as I polish the staff given to me from Afi.