Author Topic: Su/Mo trailer topic - Alolan forms, leaks and more  (Read 17413 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: New Su/Mo Trailer - old Pokémon renewed??
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2016, 11:05 »
What did they do to Raichu? #prayforraichi
he's a cool ass surfer boy how dare you come for him like this

EDIT: The Japanese trailer has landed!

EDIT 2: The English trailer has landed!

A look at the Team Skull grunts

For the first time, we also see people using different kinds of Pokéballs! (This was in the Team Skull grunt shot and they appear to be nest balls)

One of the Team Skull admins is called Plumeria, and she refers to the grunts as her "cute, dumb brothers and sisters"

Guzma is the boss of Team Skull, and he insinuates that both himself and Kukui are "fellow rejects who never could become captains" (also he literally says "It's your boy Guzma". I hate nintendo)

Fairy/Bug mushroom, called Morelull. It's grass/fairy and it's abilities are Illuminate and Effect Spore

Wishiwashi, doesn't evolve but has a single form and a shoal form, the latter which is triggered by it's ability. After you land a hit on it, it returns to it's singular fishie form. It's ability is called Schooling, but it only becomes active after a certain level! Single Wishiwashi is called Solo Form, big Wishiwashi is called School Form, and it's pure water type.

The cute lil anenome puff, called Pyukumuku. It's ability is Innards Out, which injures enemies after they attack Pyukumuku, and it's pure water type.

Alolan Meowth confirmed, dark type. Abilities are Pickup and Technician

Cubone doesn't get an alolan form, but Marowak does, and it's fire/ghost. Abilities are Cursed Body/Lightning Rod

Pikachu also does not get an alolan form, but raichu does, electric/psychic. It's got a new ability called Surge Surfer. Whenever Electric Terrain is active, Alolan Raichu's speed doubles, making him 2 fast 2 furious

That wraps up the Japanese trailer, will post a link to the English one when it arrives.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 15:49 by Shaymin »

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
Re: Su/Mo trailer topic - Alolan forms, leaks and more
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2016, 00:38 »
I think Raichu looks adorable. The Audino ears are both weird and random but I think this form will help boost Raichu's popularity and stats. We haven't had an Electric/Psychic type before so this should be interesting to see.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Shaymin

• Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2016, 15:17 »
I think Raichu looks adorable. The Audino ears are both weird and random but I think this form will help boost Raichu's popularity and stats. We haven't had an Electric/Psychic type before so this should be interesting to see.
i think so too! it's a throwback to the surfing pikachu you see in (iirc) pokemon yellow's opening and in pokemon snap. i love the fact it's tail is a surf board - and honestly it's super cute and even tho i love pikachu as it is i may evolve the one i'm going to have on my team in this game

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2016, 19:15 »
unpopular opinion but i really dislike the raichu alololoan form. i love the morelull though, so cute. i love the team skull grunts too, well, all of team skull.  wishiwashi is also cute, but i only like the big wishiwashi. the single one looks a little... unoriginal, but im not sure why? still digging the marowak though

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline Makoto Niijima

• Formerly known as Juri Han.I am number 165 Ledyba in the PKMN crew 3. I <3 Rex. PSN is: JuriRyuugu
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • I'm a member of S. T. A. R. S.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2016, 20:24 »
I adore Alolan Raichu, just so cute <3  I like how Team Skull use different Pokeball types, it's a nice change.

Rex made the awesome sig <3

Sakura
Thanks to Psychic Fire for my adorable Ledyba

Thanks Jaze Briena for my Ledyba recoloured as Glaceon =)

Offline Shaymin

• Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2016, 21:56 »
Damn Nintendo back at it again with the what in fresh hell is THIS

HE IS LARGE

Turtunator is fire/dragon with the ability Shell Armor

be afraid

>B)

he sees

it has a unique move called shell trap which shoots fire at yo ass when you attack it

oh and he explodes also

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2016, 02:06 »
Turtonator... Not too crazy about the design. The typing also seems odd as it looks more like a Rock type than Dragon. It also looks like a disfigured Magmar whose parents were a rock and some sort of flower. My least favorite new Pokemon so far. Shell Trap sounds like a rom using move though.

The tables were turned.

Plz Click!

Offline Shaymin

• Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2016, 18:17 »
but wait there's more

four new (leaked in coro coro) mons for yall to ogle

first up is everyone's favourite fight frenchman crabrawler. it's fighting and has the abilities hyper cutter and iron fist

next up is a sandcastle called sandygast and i hate it. it's ghost ground and has the ability water compaction which sharply raises its defense when hit with a water type move

sandygast evolves into... into....... Palossand (i can't brlieve nintendo made me write that with my own two hands :/)

finally we have stufful who evolves into big mc huggybear. stufful is normal/fighting and has the abilities fluffy and klutz

he's even got a tag on his ass lol

MonsterMon64

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2016, 20:54 »
Oh man, I really like Crabrawler. Poor thing looks like it took one too many punches, but hey, comes with the job, I guess.

(This is where I'd probably question its pure Fighting typing, but honestly, I'm not even complaining, it's cool enough for me to use as-is)

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2016, 12:26 »
I'm going to take an unpopular stance here. I like sandygast and palossand honestly. They're based off the antlion, which is a cool mythical* beast (used to hate it thanks to Kingdom Hearts 358/2) and it's so stereotypical "screw it" that it kinda makes me want to like it. The only thing is the ability means it still eats the damage from that water attack before it gets the defense boost, so it's really not a great ability in all reality from my perspective.

*Correct me if i'm wrong about the mythical thing.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

MonsterMon64

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2016, 14:33 »
^I like their concept, but not their visual design. As for their ability, thinking maybe it could mitigate it somewhat with a Sitrus Berry in singles but that's about it. In doubles or especially Triples, I could picture a couple Aqua Jets from its partners being enough to make it a pain in the butt for physical attackers, maybe slap Leftovers on it in that case. But I'm no competitive expert, just my two cents.

...Wait, Surskit gets Aqua Jet as an Egg Move? Even better. You could open with Palossand and Masquerain with Intimidate. A bit gimmicky, but better than nothing. I guess the obvious flaw is special attacks are still an issue...

Also, antlions are real, it's just that RPGs have a tendency of making them huge (I used to think scorpions were giant too, but I blame that on ages ago when I saw Clash of the Titans, as well as RPGs) =P

Speaking of unpopular opinions, though, I kinda like Turtonator. This is the first generation Game Freak's making enough Dragon-types that tempt me to actually use one, but I'm probably gonna stick with Drampa still.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 14:42 by MonsterMon64 »

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2016, 00:59 »
The idea behind Turtonator is cool but it's design looks akward. Why did they give its Magmar mouth?

The tables were turned.

Plz Click!

MonsterMon64

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2016, 23:39 »
^To be fair, Magmar's mouth isn't always like that, usually just when it's breathing fire. Meanwhile Turtonator has tube-for-mouth all the time, it seems. Unless that's its nose? The official art leads me to think those yellow lines on its face are a sweet mustache, but the in-game polygons are a bit confusing.

Other than the headache I just gave myself, I concede it's a noisy/clunky design, but at least it's stylized enough to look like a Pokemon imo, in contrast to the sandcastle ghosts which would probably bother me less if they were consistent with darn-near everything else. I was going to say this about Bewear, too, but I don't actually dislike it otherwise. Its prevo is kinda cute, too.

Anyway, enough Pokemon design theory on my part. I'm still curious about Rockruff's secret and how it's connected to the starters, but nothing official has been revealed yet. I've heard all sorts of crazy rumors, though. Aren't we getting more news about it some time in September? I forget.

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2016, 11:18 »
I'm wondering if we will get Aloan Vileplume, Bellossom, Lilligant, Gyrados, Flygon, Liepard, and Toxicroak and Croagunk.

The tables were turned.

Plz Click!

MonsterMon64

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2016, 12:23 »
^At the rate reveals are going, we might just end up with Gen 1 Pokemon, but I could see the Oddish line getting the Alola treatment. If not, then throw the Bellsprout line a bone, at least! (Then again, I just like Weepinbell ;3; ) Other than that, those others you listed do sound like they'd be possible candidates, on the off-chance it's not limited to the first generation.

Not sure we'd get Alolan Gyarados even then though, seeing as how it already has a Mega and so far none of the Pokemon with Alolan forms had Megas in Gen 6... but it would be a chance to give it that Water/Dragon Gyarados everyone's wanted since forever. I still don't get why Mega Gyarados was Water/Dark, but it was cool for what it was imo.

Oh, forgot to mention, I really like Alolan Raichu. Was toying with the idea of making an Electric Terrain team, so that'd be perfect for that.