Author Topic: Remake Issue?  (Read 1194 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Sappy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Remake Issue?
« on: November 21, 2014, 04:49 »
Obviously ORAS is beautifully amazing.

But I was thinking about what game I wanted to do next for my channel.

Turns out I crossed everything off apart from Johto and Kanto

I didn't really want to play Johto (soulsilver) just yet since I'll be doing a 4th gen game in Diamond. Then I was left with Kanto and that was in Gen 3.

Gen 3 the one that's currently being remade.

Now people are quietly talking about D/P remake, but will Fire Red/Leaf Green be remade... AGAIN. They are the classics and market's there. Probably more than D/P if I'm honest.

In gen 7/8 what's the move? Diamond/Pearl? or Kanto.

Discuss
Slowly an old member..

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
Re: Remake Issue?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 05:21 »
Maybe they won't remake it so much as re-imagine Gen 1-5 and put it all in one grand game.  Fans have been wanting it for years and I can see Nintendo capitulating to demand.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 05:34 »
I don't think we'll get remakes of remakes, nor an all-in-one, but I do think they'll do something with them... perhaps Wii U exclusive? That'd be kinda neat for pushing Wii U sales. I dunno, it'd seem excessive to put them back on portables again, imo.
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 18:01 »
20th anniversary's coming up in Japan soon, so something's gotta give in regards to that.

As for a Gen 1 remake, the only course I can see them do is some sort of remake on the home console (Wii U unless Nintendo gives up on it by then.). It would celebrate the anniversary in high regard AND give fans that home console RPG game at the same time. Yeah, they've said the games are best on handheld but like Snap 2, fans are never going to shut up about.

Mind you, with what the Delta Episode said about the timeline of the games (Go look it up if you want to be spoilt) perhaps they'll do something with that in regards to Kanto?

Or if not at the very least, give us a Pokemon version of Hyrule Historia to solve this timeline confusion.... XD

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline Jampie

• The Hay Master
  • Psythor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 07:11 »
I believe they will being do remakes, but I think there will be a last game just called Poke'mon were you can visit every single region and you could choose what region you start in.

Offline Ledyba

• Judge, Jury, and Executioner | <3 Kelly!!
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 09:24 »
I think if you're waiting for a Final Pokemon game,  you'll be waiting an awfully long time,  with massive sales Pokemon is far too popular to stop anytime soon.