Author Topic: Everyday Accomplishments  (Read 181001 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
Re: Everyday Accomplishments
« Reply #345 on: July 22, 2015, 22:18 »
Had to buy a dress and heels for boyfriend's graduation but I am the most un-feminine female in the world and normally look like a bad trans man in a dress

please explain what you mean by looking "unfeminine" and "looking like a bad trans man in a dress." if you could kindly
           

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 23, 2015, 02:10 »
please explain what you mean by looking "unfeminine" and "looking like a bad trans man in a dress." if you could kindly
well a bad man like meaning badass so let's suspect he's absolutely roided and ripped and hairy and then he puts a dress on and it probably tears up and looks hella ratchet. thats the impression i got.

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 23, 2015, 02:48 »
cant help but feel thats still a bit transmisogynistic 😰

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Wrath of Zuruggu

• Sentret Fan
  • Flailing with arrogance since 1990
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART account
« Reply #348 on: July 23, 2015, 10:22 »
well a bad man like meaning badass so let's suspect he's absolutely roided and ripped and hairy and then he puts a dress on and it probably tears up and looks hella ratchet. thats the impression i got.

Exactly this haha.

Well if you think Ru Paul then that's not what I mean bc those guys are super sexy in what they wear and a lot better than me at fashion.

Whether you agree with society's perspective on what "femanine" is or not that doesn't change it's definition. Small dresses are made to fit women with no musculature and match up with small feet in small shoes and ott make-up. So when one tries to fit a dress with muscular arms and shoulders and shoes with wide, un-crumpled feet it can be very difficult.

cant help but feel thats still a bit transmisogynistic 😰

Only if that's the way you choose to take it. Plus I didn't mean transgender I meant transvestite hence "trans man" meaning "transvestite who identifies as a man".

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 23, 2015, 13:09 »
Well if you think Ru Paul then that's not what I mean bc those guys are super sexy in what they wear and a lot better than me at fashion.

that wasn't my first thought entirely although i'd like to know why you jumped to that conclusion.

also lmao do you think they just popped out the womb looking fabulous? i mean thats what they'd like you to think but the people on ru pauls put a lot of effort into not only fighting against a "taboo" identity but figuring out what works best for them and using what they got and being very gung-ho and honest with themselves

become a fab sensation with these two weird tips from a puk user named beth. "play to your strengths" "its not what you wear its how you wear it". drag act consultants hate her!!!

Whether you agree with society's perspective on what "femanine" is or not that doesn't change it's definition. Small dresses are made to fit women with no musculature and match up with small feet in small shoes and ott make-up. So when one tries to fit a dress with muscular arms and shoulders and shoes with wide, un-crumpled feet it can be very difficult.

you're being very vague here for some reason. none of that actually tells me what YOU think femininity is.

pardon me for being personal here but, can i skip a lot of what im trying to get at and ask if you're androgynous lookin and also Not Happy with it?

Only if that's the way you choose to take it. Plus I didn't mean transgender I meant transvestite hence "trans man" meaning "transvestite who identifies as a man".

a transman is a female-to-male trans person. this is already an established term and "trans man" definitely didn't ever equal "transvestite man" in any lexiconography i know of. its not even a matter of semantics. are you telling me you didn't even think to google it at any point at all?

if you are awkwardly covering up for having meant "transwoman" i.e a male-to-female trans person then this is some really bad backpedalling which is just making you look worse and you can maybe stop while you're ahead behind and try to maybe do it a bit less in future.
           

Offline Sizacu

• Sentret Fan
  • hello everyone
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 23, 2015, 16:06 »
I brewed some Spice Imperial tea and it tasted really good.... the taste went all around your mouth instead of sitting on your tongue (:

Captivating Radiant Elegant Serene Seraphic Enchanting Lovely Immortal Adorable

Are you interested in spriting, or improving it?

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 23, 2015, 16:30 »
i dont mean to leap on anyone because it is a confusing topic for people but i should just back up the fact that transvestite =/= transgender, drag =/= transgender, and covering up awkward comments with more transmisogyny isnt the way to go.

and yes, thats how i took it because thats how it was delivered. intent =/= effect. it doesnt matter how you meant it, your delivery was uncomfortable and a defence was delivered that was also uncomfortable.

making "man in a dress" tropes is transmisogynistic because of the violence towards non-passing trans women, who are usually regarded as a "man in a dress" be it because they dont pass at all or are outed and pass a little too well. implying you look like a man in a dress isnt necessarily a drag joke, its a transmisogynistic microaggression. i wont hold you to it because its not as if these things are constantly a topic of conversation, but you really need to be aware that joking about a masculine appearance in a feminine outfit being undesirable or ridiculous is... transmisogynistic.

its not a matter of "sorry if you were offended" here, its a matter of "sorry i didnt know that was wrong to say and ill try my best not to be so callous in future".

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: July 23, 2015, 16:57 »
 Oh man, I avoided Tumblr and it finally caught up with me.

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 23, 2015, 22:51 »
Oh man, I avoided Tumblr and it finally caught up with me.

its ironic, with this dumb "am i cool yet" comment you rush to put on the bottom of any discussion about any minority, you are actually being way more Tumblr than us
           

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 23, 2015, 23:08 »
no he's not being more tumblr
he was using proper punctuation which no tumblr user would ever do

my feet hurt

edit: i thought this was the fwp thread, my foot pain isn't an accomplishment actually
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 23:20 by Bread. »

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 24, 2015, 11:07 »
edit: i thought this was the fwp thread, my foot pain isn't an accomplishment actually
i think ur accomplished for having painful feet

im feeling pumped im gonna leave the house today and do stuff i have to take the cat flap to the locksmiths so i have no choice and if it triggers my anxiety i'll uhhhhh i'll sort it

thanks gl <3

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #356 on: July 24, 2015, 12:36 »
I managed to fail uni. nice

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 24, 2015, 19:45 »
I joined the local roleplaying group at the hobby shop in town on thursdays. Now I just need about 5 bucks for the dice I need and i'm set.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 26, 2015, 18:34 »
Yesterday I worked a 10 hour shift, and not only did I survive, but I got $23 in tips! Sweet!

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 26, 2015, 22:25 »
I ordered a drawstring dice bag from a website I like to go to, which I won't tell about because I don't want to advertise. Also just beat every plague in Plague Inc. on normal and Virus on brutal, while my friend beat them all on mega brutal. Let's just be glad he doesn't hate the world. >.>
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN