Author Topic: Is justin bieber any good?  (Read 5873 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Is justin bieber any good?
« on: July 23, 2013, 16:48 »
It seems that everyone is in a fan war either hating him or being madly obsessed with him. So what are your thoughts on this? Is he a great guy with an incredible talent, or overhyped media trash? Honestly, I don't hate him, his music just stinks.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
Re: Is justin bieber any good?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 18:16 »
overhyped media trash
his music just stinks.

You've got your answer.

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 19:15 »
Well, that killed it.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 01:24 »
He's not that great, he can sing in tune which is for some reason considered to be a genuine reason as to why we should give him the time of day despite being able to sing being something of a requirement of pop singers in the past.

His YouTube views, Twitter followers and Facebook likes were revealed to be largely inflated artificially by his label in order to give the illusion of popularity (and therefore, quality). If you like his music you shouldn't feel guilty for it, but it's really nothing special and he is just the overhyped flavour of the month/year/half a decade popstar to market to the widest teenage girl demographic.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 01:48 »
I don't hate him, just his music

Offline JSM

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 13:29 »
Although I don't particularly like his music, I don't really dislike it either. I think it's a lot better than most give credit for, everyone's too busy jumping on the bandwagon of hating on him to actually listen to his music before they hate it. Imo he's not all that bad, fairly average pop star, who gets a particularly bad rap.

quack98

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 13:33 »
Although I don't particularly like his music, I don't really dislike it either. I think it's a lot better than most give credit for, everyone's too busy jumping on the bandwagon of hating on him to actually listen to his music before they hate it. Imo he's not all that bad, fairly average pop star, who gets a particularly bad rap.

I'm sort of like this; he's not bad I just feel he's average. Nothing really special about him, many pop artists are much better than him, and that's the problem. I know quite a few people who sing better than him, they just don't have the confidence to do something about it.

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 13:42 »
his music is okay. the kid himself is a little questionable. hes done some pretty problematic stuff. usually i try and give him a bit of leeway or something, but hes umm.
hes sort of an ass lol

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 14:41 »
Whilst I do agree his music sucks, what I don't agree with is people saying 'we need to kill him now he's an idiotic abomination'. OK, he is questionable, but there isn't much justification for that. He hasn't murdered hundreds of people, so there isn't much evidence for why he should be killed. Otherwise, i don't like him or his music, but I couldn't care less about popstars to be honest.

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 23:44 »
Justin Bieber is to pop music in 2013 that the Beatles were in 1963. Teenage girls love him, he is selling millions and millions of records and is an icon for that particular generation. Same way Elvis was for my parents and Kurt Cobain for my generation.

While I find Bieber's music to be mediocre at best, I think that the amount of people b***hing about him are either A) Metalheads who believe that there's only one kind of music in the world or B) People who can't accept that different people like different things and will constantly moan at the fact that people with 'more talent' than him are getting nowhere. Fact is this: Bieber is popular music for the masses. Megadeth is more niche.

I don't like his music, so I stay the hell away from it. People hate him because it's the 'in' thing to do. It's the same way it's 'cool' to hate on Nickelback and Coldplay.
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2013, 00:00 »
It's the same way it's 'cool' to hate on Nickelback and Coldplay.

no no hating on nickleback isnt cool its just justified because they suck

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2013, 14:34 »
Justin Bieber is to pop music in 2013 that the Beatles were in 1963. Teenage girls love him, he is selling millions and millions of records and is an icon for that particular generation. Same way Elvis was for my parents and Kurt Cobain for my generation.

While I find Bieber's music to be mediocre at best, I think that the amount of people b***hing about him are either A) Metalheads who believe that there's only one kind of music in the world or B) People who can't accept that different people like different things and will constantly moan at the fact that people with 'more talent' than him are getting nowhere. Fact is this: Bieber is popular music for the masses. Megadeth is more niche.

I don't like his music, so I stay the hell away from it. People hate him because it's the 'in' thing to do. It's the same way it's 'cool' to hate on Nickelback and Coldplay.

The Beatles actually changed pop music though and they also changed society. In case you didn't know, before 'She Loves Me Yeah Yeah Yeah' came around, people didn't say the word 'Yeah', they said 'Yes'. The Popularity of The Beatles wasn't as simple as 'Massively popular pop act who girls throw themselves at' they actively changed Britain's youth from rejecting the traditional stiff upper lip society imposed on by their parents, they represented cutting loose from society and embracing youth culture, something that had never been done before in such a magnitude and still has massive implications on society today, both here and in other countries. Beatles shaped the post-war western world and their fans were not just kids with money, they were teenagers - something which was never a part of British culture beforehand - you went from school to work and that was that, there were no 'teen fashions' or 'teenage culture' as we know them now and you can thank The Beatles for using their massive popularity to make that the standard worldwide, Bieber hasn't touched upon anything near that.

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2013, 15:49 »

I am C) People who genuinely dislike his music and attitude and pretty much everything else too.

his music is okay. the kid himself is a little questionable. hes done some pretty problematic stuff. usually i try and give him a bit of leeway or something, but hes umm.
hes sort of an ass lol

This but I do't even like his music. Dang.

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2013, 13:08 »
He made tattoos seem less edgy and cool. Didn't think it could be possible but somehow he ruined it....
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2013, 17:04 »
I read somewhere that he gobbed on a whole load of people off a balcony the other day.
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel