Author Topic: first world problems  (Read 380825 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Re: first world problems
« Reply #3645 on: March 02, 2018, 22:09 »
my public speaking teacher told us our midterms were going to be due at 12 today, so i assumed when he said 12 that he meant midnight. apparently he meant noon, so i'm going to get a 0 on something that counts for over 10% of our grade for the class. it's not even that i was procrastinating on it, he only left the assignment open for 15 hours which is a pretty short period of time to let people take something that's this important

i emailed him but hes stupid picky about late stuff so there's almost no way i'm going to get to do anything about it. my grade was already only a high c because i'm awful at public speaking lol so now i'm gonna end up with a c or a d (or an f lol)

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: March 03, 2018, 04:48 »
Just cut my hand on a dough scraper at work.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline The name master

• The name rater's rival!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I rate your nicknames (unofficially)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: March 03, 2018, 07:32 »
I hardly slept last night (maybe not even at all) even though I wanted to go to sleep, I couldn't, now I'm hating it! Tired, headache, funny nose.

It's times like these I wish I had a Hypno in real life!
Thanks to Inferna for one of the many reasons why I love Dragonite!

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: March 03, 2018, 14:08 »
Just cut my hand on a dough scraper at work.

Those things are sharp?
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: March 03, 2018, 14:38 »
They are in some cases. I was lucky enough to find the one sharp one we had at work.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: March 04, 2018, 12:46 »
i got this one ol faithful metal Rigid dough scraper (will get a flexible one one of these days but rigid is better for my clumsiness rn) and they are p bitey yes. get well soon blaziken

to the non sharp believers: it needs to be sharp a bit to cut thru dough cos ur not gettin thru it with a blunt butter knife and every time i cant find mine when im makin doughables i proper meltdown cos its the only thing i need

lifehack - if its one of those rigid metal dough scrapers that's wrought out of a single bit of metal and stands perfectly perpendicular on its side you can use it to level the icing around the side of cakes too

mmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMM

PIP assessment criterionionion go way above my station but i was just curious as to if its been adjourned have you then got an Extension so to speak? if so it may be worth gettin in touch with ur local Citizens Advice Bureau if u aint already cos they like. uh, idk how to put this in the way i want but ur avg good CAB has the cheatsheet to passing PIP, like one of those dumb study books almost i guess

godspeed, currently reading about how one PIP assessor almost created a case for benefits fraud by putting that a literally non-verbal autistic kid Liked To Have a Chat And A Laff With People He's Familiar With (?!?) so dont feel like its dishonest to go for help or w/e
           

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #3651 on: March 04, 2018, 15:56 »
That bombay bad boy flavour Pot Noodles are the only ones worth bothering with these days because they actually taste of something, unlike all the other kinds which are crap now that the Government banned the chemicals that made them taste good.

And I know most of you are probably too young to remember pizza flavour and doner kebab flavour pot noodles but I'd give a kidney to have them back.

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #3652 on: March 04, 2018, 19:17 »
^ never tried the pizza and kebab ones but I really miss the southern fried chicken ones :(

Also on the subject of gov banning chemicals Robinson’s have changed their diluting juice and it tastes awful now, they’ve actually took the real sugar out and gone all artificial??? I’ll need to stock up on the ones with the blue lids lmao 

Anyway my current pressing problem is that I won’t have internet in my new house until like Thursday and I know I’m prob going to use all my data by then and it only renewed today sooooo

Offline The name master

• The name rater's rival!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I rate your nicknames (unofficially)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: March 04, 2018, 21:19 »
Had a nosebleed, stopped it, blew my nose and it started again.
Thanks to Inferna for one of the many reasons why I love Dragonite!

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: March 04, 2018, 21:21 »
I like to think I've never had a pot noodle before and if I have it would have been so long ago that I only remember that I don't like them

The bus company have not said whether the bus services will be returning to normal tomorrow so I may just take 3 trains to get into work instead and get up at 5am

Woo

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: March 04, 2018, 22:41 »
been eating pork n 10 bean chilli + brown rice all weekend cos i hella love it (10 bean mix and pinto beans are the only thing worth going to waitrose for, everything else is overpriced sewer garbage) but you can guess whats happening now on this day, the arse end of the holy day   

That bombay bad boy flavour Pot Noodles are the only ones worth bothering with these days because they actually taste of something, unlike all the other kinds which are crap now that the Government banned the chemicals that made them taste good.

And I know most of you are probably too young to remember pizza flavour and doner kebab flavour pot noodles but I'd give a kidney to have them back.

//finger curls on monkey paw, wish comes true but you also bring back confused school dinner pot mash and its weird yuppie cousin pot rice as well//

ive never tried one cos the Spiciness danger intimidates me, im stronger than "ooh no only a korma for me (puts salt on korma) aaaah spicy!!!" levels of spice and can eat the Santa Maria (formerly Discovery) pickled red jalapeños on stuff but i still hiccup and have meltdowns when things are any spicier like birds eye chillis, vindaloos etc

so given my complex spice medical history would u consider the bombay bad boy pot noodle a Good Fit as i am curious and have wanted to try it since it came out but im still too scare about the spicy levels. is it underwhelming or overwhelming #potnoodlediscourse

also i found with the crap ones if you put more salt in before the kettle water goes in it takes it from "this is so awful id much rather make real food" to "itll do i guess" but i luv too much salt in everything so

^ never tried the pizza and kebab ones but I really miss the southern fried chicken ones :(

Also on the subject of gov banning chemicals Robinson’s have changed their diluting juice and it tastes awful now, they’ve actually took the real sugar out and gone all artificial??? I’ll need to stock up on the ones with the blue lids lmao

i can't remember if i thought this or actually posted this in some form so apologies if i said this already but honestly the only orange and pineapple ive found that doesn't taste like someones waterboarding me with canderel is lidls own brand one?????? i can't stand any form of orange squash and even most places tropical squash is garbo now. most of the apple and blackcurrant in stores just smells like cat pee now for some reason and sainos lemon/orange/pineapple is ok in a super tight pinch i guess but somehow lidls is p much the only drinkable one now and even now i dont know for how long

i could be wrong and theyve changed it too but ymmv?????

edit: turns out im talking about Double Strength squash, the only single strength squash i will buy is Summer Fruits Barley water cos i dont see the point of the rest, its too inefficient, so if u are talking Single Strength squash then disregard cos thats a different ballpark entirely
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 23:08 by lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes »
           

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #3656 on: March 05, 2018, 22:19 »
I like to think I've never had a pot noodle before and if I have it would have been so long ago that I only remember that I don't like them

The bus company have not said whether the bus services will be returning to normal tomorrow so I may just take 3 trains to get into work instead and get up at 5am

Woo

Pot Noodles post 2005 are crap so unless you're old enough to remember the joys of salt, additive, msg laden goodness, I wouldn't blame you for not liking them.

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #3657 on: March 06, 2018, 17:36 »

Woo
uhhh chicken noodle mug shots are p good if you put in a lil extra salt and don't put in like, a cupful of water. i like my sauce Thicc™ and not like, watery soup

Offline That Girl in the 'Roo Suit

• "You'll go far with your compassion. But unless you have the tenacity, you'll never make it to the top"
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • WE ROXOR U THEN U AM CRY
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #3658 on: March 06, 2018, 19:18 »
Rosie has suspected mycoplasma.  After putting down a deposit for a car and needing to pay for insurance this is the last thing I need
-~-
Well did she make you cry? Make you break down?
Shatter your illusions of love?
And is it over now? Do you know how
To pick up the pieces and go home?
-~-

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: March 07, 2018, 03:31 »
 Played the final DLC chapter for Little Nightmares the other night and the whole thing felt underwhelming and as if there was a tonne of wasted potential.