Poll

What do you think of bullying?

Glash is right!
4 (19%)
Meh...I don't know
3 (14.3%)
I've done it but will stop.
0 (0%)
I love bullying(Please nobody pick this)
14 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Bullying problem  (Read 3167 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
Re: Bullying problem
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2013, 19:37 »
you need to be subtle about the funerals. try dressing completely in camouflage clothing. paint your face camouflage too so youre completely invisible.
perhaps bring a long camouflage curly straw to drink them from afar

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2013, 19:50 »
my straw reaches acroooooooooss the room
           

Offline glash101

• Pokenerd in da house!
  • Rex Fan
  • Epicness prevails
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2013, 20:39 »
Alright,who gave me a warning for nothing?
Swag

It happens.

0 Bronyspriter Points
1 SB Coin
0 Draghost points

Now offering Glash Gems.5 for random awesome pic.10 for Specific EPIC Pic.100 for a 3D,Very epic version of your favorite Pokemon.

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2013, 20:45 »
^glash101, you should have been given a reason by automated PM, I highly doubt it was for "nothing".

Offline Joeno

• WebMaster
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
  • "It's only love, what is everyone so scared of?"
    • View Profile
    • PKMN.NET
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2013, 21:07 »
Alright,who gave me a warning for nothing?

I gave you a warning for breaking the rules.

You got a PM with the reason.

This is off topic for here. If you want to discuss it, PM me... but the rules are clear on posting in all-caps.
Peter <3<3<3<3

Pong And Beyond - Playing through 1001 video games before we die...

P-O-K-accent-E Balls!

Offline Sappy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2013, 22:35 »
I absolutely adore bullying. It's my favourite thing to do.
Slowly an old member..

Offline .~:Sly Foxx:~.

• SO, SO MANY THANKS GO TO HAZY FOR THE SLY BANNER AND AVATAR <333333
  • Sentret Fan
  • .:~I'm cute. Don't deny it.~:.
    • View Profile
    • How to Sprite
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2013, 22:43 »
Hey, hey, it's an interesting topic. Bullying? Hm... I kind of view it as a part of growing up... To some degree. You need to learn how to have some thick skin. Sure, I think it can be malicious, I wouldn't encourage it, but if you learn to cope with bullying early on you have a good setup for life. (Of course it can also install various scarring emotional problems, but so can almost any background.)

Also, for some people, I think they just genuinely don't know where the line for 'teasing' ends and 'bullying' begins. After all that differs from person to person. For one person 'you look hideous today' would just be two friends joking around, for another it could be a huge knock to the self-esteem... It depends. A common solution to it can (depending on the type of bullying) be to make it clear that you do not like it - without necessarily rising to it. With that being said if the bullying clearly IS malicious, well: I chose to just ignore it and that worked fine for me. People still sucked a bit, but they did get bored of it.

Just for one example, on the school bus, people used to throw things at me. I mostly ignored it, but one time a kid poured some cococola on my head. At that point I turned around and calmly pointed out, 'I'm wearing hearing aids, which are expensive electronic devices which you could have seriously damaged.' Everyone on the bus acknowledged that this may have been too far, and said sorry, and it reverted to the occasional thing being thrown my way - something which they gradually grew bored of, and by next year it had stopped completely. It was unpleasant, but didn't escalate, and when it did get worse I was able to calmly tone it down again. Of course the downside is that this won't work in the instance where people just think it's a joke, so be sure to be assertive rather than just passive. And it may not work with more aggressive bullies... I'm not sure. But that's just my two cents on my bullies experiences.

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2013, 05:45 »
I really do think bullying is needed. Not to the point where someone wants to kill themselves, but seriously. I think it really helps shape you as a person, and like Sly Foxx said, gives you some thick skin. And that's really important because in the real world, not everyone is going to be nice to you. People are going to have bad days and call you names if you serve them a McDouble instead of a McChicken when all you're doing is standing in the front. You won't last long in any industry if you start crying or get upset with people getting upset with you.

After being bullied myself, I learned the best way to cope is just act like it's not even happening and either ignore them or not get my pants in a knot over what they say to me. We were all bullied and we all have bullied. It's just natural in all social animals. There's always going to be people in your life where social interaction with them is a nightmare. It's best to get a start with dealing with people who can't deal with their own emotions when you're young.

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2013, 16:01 »
 I'll admit that I was bullied as a child. However, for the most part, I'm a lot more sympathetic towards others because of it.

At the end of the day, if you're being bullied, it's going to be the same insults and sure, it will hurt at the time but in a years time it wont.

Heck, I was called gangbang for a year in comp and it doesn't bother me anymore since they must have sounded like a bunch of prats and whilst I'm in college because of my GCSE's, they didn't manage to get any and now they struggle.

In regards to online bullying, you really have to step back and look at what's happening. Someone's life is so crappy that they have to try and force their hate and anger on someone else over the internet.

Offline glash101

• Pokenerd in da house!
  • Rex Fan
  • Epicness prevails
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2013, 19:07 »
And...Locked
Swag

It happens.

0 Bronyspriter Points
1 SB Coin
0 Draghost points

Now offering Glash Gems.5 for random awesome pic.10 for Specific EPIC Pic.100 for a 3D,Very epic version of your favorite Pokemon.