Author Topic: Things you wish you were better at  (Read 1509 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

E.C.A.M.B.S.

Things you wish you were better at
« on: February 24, 2016, 23:56 »
I wish I were better at drawing manga. The foreign art style always fascinated me but I could never really draw it so well. I try sometimes but my work isn't quite as refined as the real thing

How about you?

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Things you wish you were better at
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 03:13 »
^kind of same, except i really wish i was better at drawing anything
ive always liked gawking at pretty pictures and whenever i sit down and try to do one of them it doesn't work too well. one day ill get better probably hopefully maybe DDddd:

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 15:44 »
art :(

im good at art, just not as good as i want to be

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 16:05 »
ahaha i came here to say art too but john i've always thought you were a fantastic artist since you were like... 14 or whenever you joined and started posting. you'll keep improving, you're really talented and i like to see your unique style evolve. i'm just not very good, i don't really have the resilience to stick with it and i have a lot of difficulty with some of the spacial stuff, proportions, etc. i'm taking a sketching class at the moment and its supposed to be for beginners and i kind of resent going to the class because i am BY FAR the worst artist in the class, and i don't really understand perspective and my pictures usually end up looking super goofy. the girl who sits next to me did a like perfect drawing of the Duomo from this perspective and she was all whining like, "oh i didn't understand it at all" wah wah wah and well, i gotta post my sketches but even imagining drawing something at that level gives me a headache and it was so annoying for me. mine, a sketch of the ruins of pompeii, was so sloppy looking by comparison. i can tell the teacher is trying really hard to help me which i guess will probably help me improve but i've ALWAYS hated getting teacher help, makes me feel like i'm stupid and draws attention to the fact that i just don't understand. i also wish i was better at humility in the classroom but i've gotten better.

anyways... besides that rant... uhhh i also wish i could remember faces and names more. i'm really bad at that, i have people come up to me and remember my name and start talking to me and unless they are a particularly attractive guy i can never remember who they are or where i met them. im usually like, "OH um i never got you on facebook/snapchat/insta/some social media" just so i can see them write their name and survive through that conversation. like my recognition skills are so bad i have a serious backup plan like that. really awkward and makes friend making a bit hard...

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 16:42 »
I wish I was better at articulating. Words always fail me and I end up having to say something that sounds really stupid to get my meaning across. Like yesterday, while playing skyrim with a friend, we tried to buy a dog but didn't have enough money, so I said, "fine, I'll come back when I have enough..." but i forgot the word 'money' so I stopped then blurted out, "DOG STUFF!" My friend just started laughing and I decided to not even try to recover from that, just kinda ran with it.

Also I wish I was better at art, and I'll always wish I was better at art because no matter how good I get, I could be better.
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 18:05 »
I wish I had put more time and effort into playing guitar these days. I want to get back into playing in a band but I'm so out of practice I'm probably not quite good enough to join an existing band just yet. Now I work from home I've got more time to play but it's finding the motivation to sit down and work on my tone that's the problem.
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 19:29 »
i wish i were better at fart
           

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2016, 22:02 »
 It would have been fantastic if I was better at photography tbh.

The class always complimented my stuff but in the end it felt as if it was just because you can't tell someone that their work is crap.

Like, I'm fantastic with Photoshop. Heck, I was making all these trippy images and patterns from simple landscape images but with actual tradition photography it always felt as if my work was lagging.

In the end I used some of the girls from class as models and that's hilariously awkward because they'll be doing work and I'm just there like "uh, hey, can I take pictures of you in the darkroom please?" like a stalker or something.

I'm noticeably good at photography and I have my own style but it would be nice to be "better" which I guess I'm using arbitrarily here. Then again, if every photographer could take the perfect picture every time, we wouldn't be taking other degrees instead of photography.

It's so fun and when talking to people with depression who think the world's ugly and stuff I'll 100% tell them to grab a disposable and take pictures of all the things that they personally find pretty and neat throughout the week.

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 22:21 »
o i wish i was better at many a thing
like better at maintaining a healthy body lol
also maintaining a better work ethic cause i can't do it jon i just can;t

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2016, 22:39 »
everyone has had individual struggles with how difficult it is to be healthy, but what worked for me after a long time of never doing any exercise or caring much about my diet was to first just... change my diet. if i'm hungry, i eat some veggies. my mom's eating disorder (this honestly sounds terrible) helped because my family stopped buying snacky foods, everything needs to be cooked now, or its a fruit or vegetable. next, people have different opinions, but i cut out most simple carbs when im at home... italy is different for me rn but at home i eat pasta less than once a week, go for brown rice, or white rice if you can't stand it. protein will fill you up, so if you ask me, go crazy with the chicken as long as its not fried. chicken and rice is an awesome staple once you experiment with the many ways to cook it and make it yummy. spend some time learning to make a mean stir fry you will NOT regret it.

then with exercising... just do it, i don't know what else to say. dedicate a couple weeks to hitting the gym regularly. bring a friend and just goof around a bit with the lame music they always play and make it fun! in no time you'll start feeling really good if you go and then pretty bad if you don't, and just go off of that energy.

i know this wasn't an asking for advice thread really but seriously i would recommend even a half hearted investment in your health for anyone. i mean it will literally help you live longer and you won't be huffing and puffing when you climb stairs so like
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 22:46 by Kpyna »

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2016, 12:26 »
I'm cutting out sugar from my diet as much as humanly possible. It's a pain when we go shopping as I'm just 'can't have this, can't have that'. Basically, if it's orange or red on the traffic light system I'm not eating it. There was a great series on recently where Mark 'The Beast' Labett from The Chase and five other famous faces went to a farm in Surrey for two weeks and cut out sugar ENTIRELY. It changed their taste buds to the point where they didn't want sweets, chocolate and Rory McGrath went off cider (which he loves) because his taste buds weren't accustomed to sweet foods anymore. The show made me realise how much crap I was putting in and I'm feeling much better now I've gone backwards. The sugar crash is NOT NICE though.

Odd, considering we've been told for however long that it's fat that's the problem
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline The name master

• The name rater's rival!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I rate your nicknames (unofficially)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2016, 09:01 »
I wish I could draw Nidorina a bit better!
Thanks to Inferna for one of the many reasons why I love Dragonite!

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2016, 10:22 »
I wish I was better at Pokemon Puzzle Challenge, I've really enjoyed playing it lately.

I also got a score of 14090 on Pokemon Puzzle Challenge Marathon mode.

Looks like I got my wish, my highest score before this was 9550.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 20:30 by Petzbreeder »

Offline Sizacu

• Sentret Fan
  • hello everyone
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2016, 21:10 »
I really wish I could stick with my hobbies better ): Harp, drawing, colouring, reading...

I wish I was a lot better at harp though. There's nothing more embarrassing than trying to remember keys and chords. I'm on grade 5 ):

Captivating Radiant Elegant Serene Seraphic Enchanting Lovely Immortal Adorable

Are you interested in spriting, or improving it?

E.C.A.M.B.S.

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2016, 22:19 »
Animating too. I wanted to do something to help my brother who is considering starting a youtube channel. So I wish I could maybe animate a short intro for him