Author Topic: Pokemon Online  (Read 13973 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

kr9q

Pokemon Online
« on: December 27, 2011, 21:58 »
I think this goes here. It is a Pokemon game that is not listed. So, does anyone have PO? I do. I'm Zekromlover there. If anyone wants to battle me, you can, just PM me first. I specilize in one type, though I will not say which one. I am currently making my team, and I will be done soon.

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Online
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 15:14 »
This is more or less an unofficial game, Nintendo didn't make it I believe. This would more or less be a Competitive Topic. But yeah, I do have it, and I'm laddering at about 14-1500 on PO server.

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 15:29 »
L-i-am on the Smogon server. If you wanna battle me PM me.

kr9q

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 16:07 »
Anyone know how to make Servers on it?

Offline Kona

• Mad props to Mr. Dalliard for the avatar. The world's biggest
  • Joeno Fan
  • sir fredricko the seventytwelf of rainbow land
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 16:11 »
Anyone know how to make Servers on it?
There's probably a server tool on the website. There's not much need to though. The only thing you'd really benefit from is getting usernames you want, if it works anything like Shoddy.

<Ledyba>: and I replied quick as a flash
<Girl>: AHHHH!!!The voices.

kr9q

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 16:15 »
There is but, I failed. I was gonna make one but, I saved it on Windows Media Center then it got stuck and I had to press the power button.

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 16:27 »
A PKMN.Net server wouldn't be a bad idea actually, but we won't have many on it at all.

kr9q

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 16:33 »
Well, it could be a mix of two Pokemon websites. I know a website where there are quite a few PO players, though I don't know how they would react to a server. I PMed a friend who begged the maker of the site to make a PO section, which then happened. Then, he asked if he could make a guide, which happened. I haven't got an answer yet. I'll get the server maker link up to anyone that wants to try. Here. The link to download it is server file. I'm sorry. I would have gotten the server up but, again, I was stupid enough to put it on Windows Media Center then almost ruin my Laptop.

Offline Legacy

• I know I'm in my own little world but it's ok, they know me here.
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 14:50 »
A PKMN.Net server wouldn't be a bad idea actually, but we won't have many on it at all.

Well at first we may not, but some places only have a small community and yet stay around for quite some time.

I was on a server called Mysidia (which sadly died a while back), and it began as a small server before it simply grew and expanded. It ended up with a well-sized competitive atmosphere (Nowhere near the size of PBC, but it was a nice friendly competitive atmosphere), which actually also brought a lot of people to their forums.

A PKMN.net server isn't an idea that should simply be thrown aside. Personally I think it would hold pretty good potential, but there again I can't remember how many competitive battlers we actually have here. I can think of about 8 off the top of my head, but if I looked through the CB forum I'd probably find more.

Sorry to necro this thread but I felt this would be the best way and the best place to discuss this rather than making a new topic. Although this could be discussed in Competitive Battling if the mods feel it needs doing so, in which case if someone PMs me, I'll Cut and paste this post as a thread starter there.
No man is ever truly good.
No man is ever truly evil.
I do the things you never could,
and we won't ever be equal

Offline K.I.O.S

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 14:55 »
I'm about to download it now and see what its like.

That's actually a pretty good idea, perhaps we could do gym battles there as well. For example I'm the first gym I use rock battle me on the server and win and you get a badge or something.
Follow our Wayward Journey here!

Offline Legacy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 15:00 »
Yay =D agreements =D

Another thing about gyms is that, due to the somewhat fun nature of a league of sorts, it could attract a lot more people into competitive battling. I believe it was Richard and Blaziken that first showed me to PO about a year ago, and I've loved it since despite not being big on competitive battling when I first downloaded it.

Offline K.I.O.S

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 15:29 »
I just made a UU team on there, one problem how do I set my Pokémon's abillities?

Offline Legacy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 15:36 »
Click the 'Advanced' button underneath the pokemon sprite and then click side window to have it pop up to the right, alongside the Hidden Power types, IV's and genders.

Offline K.I.O.S

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2012, 15:58 »
Ah thank you, my team is now ready just got to get the hang of competitive battling again.

Offline Legacy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2012, 17:28 »
I know that feeling haha. I haven't battled in a few months though, so a bit different.

So quick question: should I post a thread in the CB board about the possibility of somebody setting up a PO server for PKMN? Or should I leave it to discuss here?