Author Topic: Question about EV's in Pokemon Black and White 2  (Read 1274 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline aMartini607

• Bawse
  • Rob Fan
  • Come At Me Bro.
    • View Profile
To be quite frank, I'm EXTREMELY LAZY when it comes to EV training, so naturally when I discovered the wing items in BW2, I was ecstatic, but my question lies here: If I were to obtain 252 of any one given wing and use them on one of my Pokemon would they actually TRULY max that stats EV's out? I ask bexause of getting thrashed in Random Matchup mode with specific Pokemon on my team, so could it alternatively be that those certain Pokemons IV's are lacking? Any insight to this matter would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
When you underestimate your opponent, you overestimate yourself.
3DS Friend Code(Feel free to add me! Just let me know you did so I can add you back)
4699-7517-6858 (Friend Safari is Ground with Phanpy, Marowak and Gastrodon)

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
Re: Question about EV's in Pokemon Black and White 2
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 09:45 »
The wings do the same things as EVs, yes. IVs and natures go a long way to any particular Pokemon's success in battles as well. Finally, the Pokemon you're using might just not be good for competitive battles/have the wrong ability/have poor movesets. It'd help us help you if we knew more, but to answer your question, yes, the wings are an extremely long way to EV train. I also know that Join Avenue can help with EV training, but I haven't experimented with it enough, nor do I care enough to do so, to be able to inform you more. I'm sure someone here has, though.
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline aMartini607

• Bawse
  • Rob Fan
  • Come At Me Bro.
    • View Profile
Re: Question about EV's in Pokemon Black and White 2
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 05:09 »
Well I'm positive that its their IV's, I've been into competitive battling since the 3rd gen so I'm aware of natures and movesets, i believe its a combination of bad IV's and using a mostly UU team against people running mostly OU and BL teams, i just was unsure of the possibility of the wings not properly EV'ing my Pokemon until you answered that for me, thank you very much for your help though :)
When you underestimate your opponent, you overestimate yourself.
3DS Friend Code(Feel free to add me! Just let me know you did so I can add you back)
4699-7517-6858 (Friend Safari is Ground with Phanpy, Marowak and Gastrodon)