Author Topic: Mobile App Gaming  (Read 1929 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
  • never more than 3 hours away from public meltdown
    • View Profile
Mobile App Gaming
« on: July 12, 2015, 17:35 »
Mobile App Gaming is a big thing now. At first, app gaming was very small scale with games that took up only a few MB of data, but these days, there are many games that are nearly 200MB of data and drain phone battery like nobody's business. Even full-platform PS3, PC and Xbox games are bringing out apps such as Sims Freeplay, Mortal Kombat and F1 Race Stars which is now entirely app based.

So, here's a general mobile app thread to talk about the platform & specific games.

As for me, I'm currently playing 3 mobile app games, though this is unusual for me.
Slayin' - Slayin' is a platform game in which you pick a fantasy class (although you have to unlock them as you play) and then fight through upto one hundred levels and bosses. The catch is that every time you lose you have to start from the very beginning again, kind of like Pac-Man. I downloaded it because it was the App of the Week and as such, it was free. I enjoy the game although it can get very repetitive, especially if you aren't very good (I'm not very good at it) because I've only ever got to the fifth screen and have played the first screen over fifty times. I'm not really a good gamer tbf. The graphics are super cute pixel art drawings (including the super cool Minotaur who is like the first boss)
Rate: 4/10

Pixel People - I've spent a long time looking for a city building game with enjoyable graphics and that doesn't require money after like 5 minutes (because I am not gonna spent a single penny on mobile apps, ever), and Pixel People is pretty much perfect. You, the Creator, are colonizing outer space with a city in the sky. To create new jobs, buildings, and people, you with the help of your trusted friend Eve Jobs, chemically splice the DNA of citizens in your town, for instance "Painter + Engineer = Photographer." With each new job comes a new building to add to your town, so all you need to do is build houses. The only limitations in the game are the land limit - you need to buy an expansion for every 10 squares of land you use (which is absolutely fine since land is bought WITHOUT the use of a single piece of premium currency) and the waiting times (which are completely reasonable). The graphics are beautiful pixel designs and every new citizen is given a generated name which is always a fantastic pun on their job description. There are no annoying speaking characters and no one butts into your gameplay with stupid quests every 10 minutes. I love this game.
Rate: 9/10

Agario - I don't know if anyone checks the App Store chart, but of the free apps, Agario or agar.io is currently at the top. A mobile adaptation or an old Miniclip game, Agario has players from across the world battling in realtime over the internet. The aim? Eat or be eaten. So the player, under a nickname (mine is Agnostia. I have no idea where it came from but that's what I was playing as at 4:15 this morning), materialises as a little coloured dot who then has to eat other players' dots in order to get bigger and reach the top of the live, ever-changing leaderboard. Players can only eat dots that are smaller than them, but once you get bigger, you also get slower and it becomes harder to catch your prey. This game is an absolute ton of fun but requires a good and unwavering internet connection. If anyone else plays Agario, I want to know your nick because the whole game is just banter. Just get it, pals. (It's also very small in data and only takes up 25MB).
Rate: 7/10

So what are you guys playing?
Credit to Inferna for the teacup Chatot
surPrISE

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
  • Rub my belly and call me Ceri
    • View Profile
Re: Mobile App Gaming
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 18:19 »
 I loved Pixel People! I had to delete it for space a long time ago though  ^.^

I'm playing Boom Beach at the moment but things are going slow. Me and two other people have started a clan so we're slowly edging towards gaining enough intel to carry out our first major raid.

Building the base is fun and there isn't the pressure to spend real money unlike Clash of Clans and if your base is pretty solid, people might not even bother with you because it's not worth the hassle.

Agario looked fun!

Offline Del

• yo
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 18:27 »
the only mobile game i play is Final Fantasy Record Keeper. pretty fun game if you're an FF fan, but the stamina restrictions make it painful to play when you get a decent distance into the game, and missing an event means you miss unlocking characters until they come back around.

has lots of fun stuff, tons of characters and content (new levels or events every like 3 or 4 days), and you can play entirely without making any micro transactions because of the inclusion of Mythril, but spending Mythril on anything except relic (item) draws is a waste honestly.

would recommend to fans of the series/10
My mom bought me this new laptop and it gets really hot when the chat is being spammed. Now my leg is starting to hurt because it is getting so hot. Please, if you don't want me to get burned, then don't spam the chat.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 19:19 »
I find Agar.io much better on browser than on mobile.

I used to play Plague Inc a lot back in the day and that Kim Kardashian game was the bees knees but these days I don't really play on any, I'll try some here and there but then I just end up deleting them.

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Pokémon Breeder (For Petz, ask Petzbreeder ;3)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 19:28 »
If my phone allowed me to play, I would play Hearthstone; it can be played by both casuals and tryharders, but often the game is only seen enjoyable for the latter, which is not true due to the fact one is matched against people of more or less the same skill (win/loss ratio and raw number of victories). I have heard as well some good things about Brave Frontier.
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 19:32 »
I play Plague Inc. too but I can't get past fungus. It's hella fun though.

Anyone heard of Ingress? It's a live action game where you interact with monuments to turn them to your side. There's 2 sides, and you try to dominate the whole world. It's great if you travel a lot, but the amount of monuments is surprising, it's not just the Effiel Tower or whatever, many churches are able to be interacted with as well.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 19:48 by Breaking Blaziken »
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Wrath of Zuruggu

• Sentret Fan
  • Flailing with arrogance since 1990
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART account
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 21:53 »
At the moment I pretty much just play Dragonvale because I love farming dragons >_> It's such a time waster, I love it. I'm a high enough level that all I'm doing is spending maybe 15 minutes a day trying to breed rare and limited edition dragons...

During uni I play more games in lectures tho <_< I finished Mola! Mola! during my exams... Again, an addictive time waster! I just kept tapping the screen to grow my mola while I revised so I finished it pretty quickly. If anyone hasn't played it, I found it pretty humorous as your mola tries it's best to kill itself throughout the game for really silly reasons.

I was also playing Bread Kittens during exam time, which is basically just Pokemon but you throw bread at cats to catch them :B

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 02:02 »
 Life is a little game where you just mash the screen but you start off having to make money, then to get through uni and then you work your way up through a career and improve your skills whilst buying loads of stuff and creating a small empire. The only thing is, I think I'm going to complete it within... like... two hours since I zoned out and really enjoyed it.

Godville is a funny little thing where you create your god and create a hero and you just follow their diary entries throughout their adventures. I haven't really done much but my hero has killed a lot of things so far... a lot of the time it isn't really provoked either.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2015, 19:41 »
Started playing Monkey City and that's really fun, also sometimes play Clash of Clans, but not so much now as it's got kinda boring :(

Also have agario but don't play much because it's kinda lame xD
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline q1q2q3q4

• The one who lives in their own imagination
  • Iceduck Fan
  • My face doesn't do expressions. My mind does them.
    • View Profile
    • Adoptablez Mania (work in progress, unfinished)
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2015, 22:12 »
The only game I have on my phone is flappy bird. However I've a ton of apps on my tablet. Too many to list.  ;)

I forgot to mention why I only have flappy bird onmy phone. It's for one simple reason: memory space.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 22:15 by q1q2q3q4 »
Dragon cave and Magistream pets

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2015, 12:56 »
I'm playing Panda Pop. It's addictive.
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2015, 16:54 »
the only one ive played is the su game attack the light
its cute

i wanna get the neopets app but the sites in ruins rn and apparently the app is kinda unsafe right now so maybe later.

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2015, 22:55 »
I just got Agario and it's addictive. If anyone sees SirBlaziken running around, that's me.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Mistral

• Rob Fan
    • View Profile
    • Petalburg Woods
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2015, 09:52 »
I have quite a few mobile games on my iPod, but I've been playing a lot of Bejeweled Blitz and Solitaire lately.

Offline Pam-the-Lamb

• Pack it in Bryn
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2015, 23:11 »
 Fallout Shelter has just come to Android so I've been playing that tonight. It's rather charming for what it is as you can improve your vault dweller's abilities by making them work in certain areas (from what I understand).

It's funny to see the dwellers talking to each other whilst working.