Author Topic: Hard times in Venezuela  (Read 721 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline XK|X Litwick

• Waiting...
  • Sentret Fan
  • ..in the dark
    • View Profile
Hard times in Venezuela
« on: February 12, 2014, 23:30 »
A good friend of mine told me how scared she is about the situation in Venezuela (she was born there but currently lives in Mexico). Its really sad when this kind of stuff happens. All the deaths and violence not to mention the fear from the possibility of losing her family from the conflict. For more info click on the link below.

http://byakuganprince.tumblr.com/post/76465993299/guys-i-need-your-help-i-am-venezuelan-and-this-is

And what is the opinion about this situation?
Quote from: Wayward Path
Resting in Accumula. Tramp´s future team: Zorua, Scraggy, Oshawott, Archen, Drillbur, Deerling, Sandile and Axew!
Join our PLC adventure through Unova!

Thanks to MangaDragon for avvy!

Offline Zubatman

• Un Macho y Caballero
  • Psythor Fan
  • Zubats are not to be taken lightly.
    • View Profile
Re: Hard times in Venezuela
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 14:54 »
The situation in many Hispanic/Latino countries is very depressing, some conflicts stick out more than others, for example the news that you have posted. To live in fear of losing your life or the lives of your family members on a daily basis is horrible, it truly is, I may not know how it feels but my cousin who works in Mexico City may know how it feels being that whenever I call her up you can hear gun shots or yelling in the background. My father also felt a lot of heat in Cuba under Fidel  because of his beliefs, but what I am trying to get at is that your friend is not alone in the sense of having to worry for the lives of her family and also she can count on the support of other Hispanic/Latino people because, in a way, we all suffer together.

I'm not really acquainted with the specific situation in Venezuela, but I do know that the situation with the demonstrations and protest, peaceful or not, generally end in bloodshed. The government is under a lot of pressure down there so when the government is in pressure, than the people must be at their boiling point.

I would also like to applaud their effort to save the Orinoco Crocodile, being that Venezuela is taking the lead in such rescue. (I know its a bit irrelevant, but just end on a better note)
"All men do not know when to stop, but Macho men know their limits and push them further, like a taco you know you've overstuffed."
                               -Uncle Jorge

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Pokémon Breeder (For Petz, ask Petzbreeder ;3)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
Re: Hard times in Venezuela
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 15:57 »
Nicolás Maduro does not seem that "maduro".
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.