Author Topic: Monochrome Meta Rules - Need help testing?  (Read 703 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Monochrome Meta Rules - Need help testing?
« on: June 17, 2014, 22:19 »
Was battling Richard using all-one-colour teams, and came up with the idea to make a tier list for it. Obviously I can't test alone, not because I lack time but because one opinion can't tier well, and I'd need someone to play against. This is where you lot come in. I'm looking to test this, and need as many replays posted as possible using the rules that will follow, and I'll need the opinions of those involved when deciding on complex bans. The rules will be standard OU for the most part, but I plan on unbanning Übers if possible, as it's nice to widen options, but obviously they will be banned in favour of balance if need be.

Okay, now the rules:

Format: 6 v 6 Singles

Level: 100

Team Preview: Yes

Active Clauses

Sleep Clause - No more than one opposing Pokémon can be put to Sleep by one of your Pokemon at a time. If they use a move to put their own Pokemon to sleep, this does not activate Sleep Clause

Freeze Clause - No more than one opposing Pokémon can be frozen by one of your Pokemon at a time

OHKO Clause - OHKO moves such as Sheer Cold, Horn Drill and Fissure are banned

Species Clause - No more than one Pokemon that share the same species name can participate in a team. This means that even alternate forms, such as Rotom, cannot be on the same team as well

Evasion Clause - Moves and Items that increase evasion are banned. Snow Cloak and Sand Veil are only banned when used on the same team as Hail or Sandstorm respectively

Endless Battle Clause - The combination of Recycle, Leppa Berry, Block and Heal Pulse is banned

Monochrome Clause - All 6 members of your team just fall into a single colour group, so far I have grouped OU based on their colours and plan to group UU soon, for reference. If you wish to dispute my placings, fell free, and if you wish to use UU mons now, use your common sense on colours.

Banlist

Arceus
Blaziken
Darkrai
Deoxys (all formes)
Dialga
Giratina (both formes)
Gengarite
Groudon
Ho-oh
Kangaskhanite
Kyogre
Kyurem (White only)
Lucarionite
Lugia
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Shaymin Sky
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zekrom

~~~

Okay, I think that's it for the rules, so now all I need is as many people as possible to battle using these rules and post replays here, it'd be really awesome if you guys would and I'm sure you'd enjoy playing with fresh rules. As for what I'm looking to test atm:

-> Are any colours too strong? Blue and Red look like they have a lot, are they too good?

-> Could anything be brought down from Übers without being OP?

-> Have anythings emerged as OP due to monochrome rules?

-> Is this meta viable?

Obviously I realise it's hard finding people to play this tier, so just post here if you're interested and then at least people know who's interested.

So... Yeah, I appreciate any help on this and hope anyone who plays enjoys it ^^
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 15:06 by RubyRobin »
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝