Author Topic: Nuzlocke-o-matic!  (Read 2789 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Hitmonchu

• Mulholland Fan
  • A Spriter and a
    • View Profile
Nuzlocke-o-matic!
« on: February 02, 2014, 20:55 »
Not sure if this one should go in Forum Games or X and Y.... Mods, please move this if it doesn't fit here.
Anyway, you guys all probably know about the Nuzlocke. If you don't, here's Nuzlocke in a nutshell:
You may only attempt to catch the first pokemon you find on a route. If you fail to catch it, you may not catch any other Pokemon from that area.
If a Pokemon faints, it is considered dead and you may not use it again.
You must nickname every Pokemon that you catch.

There are several variations on this Nuzlocke challenge, but that's not what we're here for today. We're gonna make our own!

Here's one I made, the Typelocke:
Basic Nuzlocke rules apply, but there are a few new ones.
Each Pokemon in your party must be of a different primary typing.
You may only attempt to catch Pokemon whose primary typing you do not have.
You have 5 chances to catch a Pokemon with a new typing per route. If you fail to catch one before you are out of chances, you may not catch any Pokemon from that route again.

Now make your own and happy Nuzlocking!

ALL HAIL GOOMY

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Pokémon Breeder (For Petz, ask Petzbreeder ;3)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
Re: Nuzlocke-o-matic!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 21:39 »
Yes, I heard about it, and I must say N is the paradigm of this challenge (but that **** has Pokémon with 30IV in each stat).

Anyway, I would like to introduce you the Duke Nukem challenge, aKa the missogynist, hedonist, poképhilic challenge.

The rules are simple:

Your Pokémons are human, and so, if they faint, they die.
Since you are Duke Nukem (or a female counterpart), you are very heterosexual and you shall only have attractive Pokémon of the opposite gender.
All of them shall know any attack related with love, like attraction.
The one who is Duke Nukem can be either the player or the lead Pokémon, who will be, of course, of the opposite gender as the rest of the team.
Duke likes beauties: no ugly Pokémon allowed.
Since you are Duke Nukem, vitamins shall be consumed right when they are found or bought.
The lead Pokémon, if this is Duke, shall bring BlackGlasses.
No alien pigs allowed (sorry, Tepig), and so, none of your members shall be one of the enemies featured in the series.
The only recovery item allowed is beer, but since there is not beer in the game, the player shall use Lemonade instead.
ALL MONSTERS WHOSE LENGHT IS 3 METERS OR ABOVE MUST BE TERMINATED.
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

Offline Hitmonchu

• Mulholland Fan
  • A Spriter and a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 22:03 »
The "Gotta-go-fast" Nuzlocke Challenge:
1. If you wish to give your Pokemon an item, you may only give them either a Quick Claw or their Mega Stone.
2. When catching Pokemon, you only have up to 2 turns: 1 to weaken the Pokemon, and one to capture them.
3. You may only use up to 5 turns when battling a Pokemon. If you exceed this limit, you must discard your Lead Pokemon.

ALL HAIL GOOMY

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 17:09 »
The "Gotta-go-fast" Nuzlocke Challenge:
1. If you wish to give your Pokemon an item, you may only give them either a Quick Claw or their Mega Stone.
2. When catching Pokemon, you only have up to 2 turns: 1 to weaken the Pokemon, and one to capture them.
3. You may only use up to 5 turns when battling a Pokemon. If you exceed this limit, you must discard your Lead Pokemon.

This, and you avatar, remind me of Germany.

How?

"Vidyagaymes shall nicht beah viölenten!" wow such german

"Gotta go Fast", "Pokémon"... these are full of violence!

Since I think this section is half-death AND videogames are, sarcastically speaking, all a bunch of violent mixtures, we should make a non-violent challenge! No! Not a challenge! A must!

"Make Love, but not THAT Love, you dirty Vögel(n)s!":

-Since you are now a boring Hippie Yuppie from the Government, all your Pokémon can magically revive!
-Oh! What's that? A VIOLENT ATTACK like FLAME THROWER? Banned! Only innocent-looking moves can be used, for example, water gun or surf or... almost nothing. Darn, most types get straightly banned!
-Of course, attacks regarding sexual activities are not allowed!
-Kindergarten, Poké Care... we are in a retrograde society in which progress is a must! You shall only share these centers with Pokémon of the same gender!
-Drugs are bad: Mushroom-related Pokémon are banned, as well as their attacks.
-(In GSC and their remakes) Family is important: share your money with them!
-Evil should only be fought by adults, but since you are a POKÉMON MASTER, and, of course, you are magically in ages at 10, you will beat them all!

Bonus Points if you can actually survive this.
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

Offline Mew King

• Some Sort of Grad Student of Sorts
  • Mulholland Fan
  • Now even Manaphy wants to kill you
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 17:31 »
Here's one that won't bode well for X and Y, but will for other games (HeartGold and SoulSilver seems like an ideal case for it, with up to 10 possible Pokemon)

The No Item Nuzlocke
1. You cannot use any items period.
2. As such, the only Pokemon you can use are those that are gifted to you (if you want to relax the constraint, you can revive fossil Pokemon, but only the one you get from someone, like in X and Y you can revive Tyrunt or Amaura but not Aerodactyl since Tyrunt and Amaura's fossil is given to you while Aerodactyl's you have to find)
3. And just for kicks to make it even harder, if any of these Pokemon faint, you must release them.

Here's another that I thought of

The Single Type Nuzlocke
1. At the beginning of the game, select a type that you want to use, and you may only catch Pokemon of that type
2. If your starter is not that type, you must rush through the game, only fighting mandatory trainers, to find the first Pokemon of that type and catch it.  If your starter evolves into that type, you rush to find the first Pokemon of that type still.  Your starter can only gain experience with the EXP Share until it evolves to that type.
3. If the Pokemon faints, you must release it and you CANNOT catch another Pokemon of that species (only exception will be multi-branched evolution Pokemon and once again you must use the EXP Share until it evolves)
Gary was here.  Ash is a loser.

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 20:41 »
The 'good luck hahaha' challenge
1. No running shoes/roller skates/bike. Everything gets done on the ordinary walk. Break this rule and you lose the challenge entirely.
2. Maximum of 3 healing items per battle. This includes any kind of HP/PP restore and any status restore items.
3. All pokemon have to have MEANINGFUL nicknames.
4. All pokemon must have all EVs sorted and at max affection before E4 is beaten.
5. You have to have a balanced team at all stages. One pokemon per type.
6. No sharing moves (exceptions being stuff like growl/tackle, as they tend to be default moves).
7. Attack moves only. None over 70 power.
8. Pokemon aren't allowed to fully evolve.
9. No using legends. At all.
10. Actually, don't use any pokemon classified as 'uber' or 'borderline uber' as declared by smogon.
11. You are only allowed ONE mega for the entire game. Whatever pokemon mega evolves first is the mega you use. (Includes lucario. Rival lucario can be killed without mega.)

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 21:07 »
Death wish

You can only use 6 pokemon, counting the ones that die! So if every one but your starter dies, well, good luck! (If you need a pokemon for a specific HM, that pokemon is exempt from this rule)

Pokemon centers can only be used 3 times total! (3 times in one city or twice in one once in another)

Healing items can only be as strong as lemonades or lower! No full heals!

No TM's ever!

HM's only if absolutely needed!

Only one fully evolved pokemon!

If you survive this, you get virtual cookies. :3
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 22:14 »
Death wish

You can only use 6 pokemon, counting the ones that die! So if every one but your starter dies, well, good luck! (If you need a pokemon for a specific HM, that pokemon is exempt from this rule)

Pokemon centers can only be used 3 times total! (3 times in one city or twice in one once in another)

Healing items can only be as strong as lemonades or lower! No full heals!

No TM's ever!

HM's only if absolutely needed!

Only one fully evolved pokemon!

If you survive this, you get virtual cookies. :3

ShinyBlaziken, hanging out with little boys in Spandex, I see! trying to set funnier and harder challenges than mine, I see!

So, your name has given me an idea!

"Rich Rick's Challenge"

1. Get 6 non-RNG abused nor soft-reseted SHINIES.
2. Complete any game using them.

The challenge is doing this in gen 3. I only got three. Which are Nidoran♀, Oddish and Wailmer.

Now for a real more plausible one:

"Politically INCORRECT Challenge"

1. Get 6 Pokémon that were banned from the anime at some point. The obvious choice, according to the name and description, is a Jynx.
2. Name them after "music stars". Naming the "Jynx" "Fat Beyoncé" grants you glory forthe MAGNIFICENT COUNTRY OF NORTH AND TRUE KOREA this challenge. Naming Porygon "Foam Party" is "great", too!
3. Equip them with items that represent stereotypes; for example, any Pokémon whose skin colour is shared with Jynx, or Jynx herself, could have a Gold Nugget.
4. Be rude during all the game. That means no Extreme Speed Dratini from Crystal, if you know what I mean.
5. In case you are doing this in either X or Y, make "Ur Mom" trades and dress yourself like a Pimp!
To sum it up, be a jerk person that the almighty Kim Jong-Un would be proud of!

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2014, 22:29 »
StatLocke

Pokemon can only use attacks based off of their lowest attacking stat, and that attacking stat must be 70 or less base. Have fun xD

ChoiceLocke

Every pkemon must hold a choice item at all times or you lose.

DCLocke

Ive actually done this one, you can only get stuff you can nickname afte a DC superheroes real name (e.g. Pansage could be Hal (Green Lantern)) and if they die you cant reuse that heros name.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 22:40 by RubyRobin »
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2014, 22:37 »
You've got to be kidding me

Get the worst starter in the game, then wonder trade it until you get something below that level and non-starter-ish!

No EV'ing allowed!

Nicknames must be ironic!

3 pokemon a team, no more can be caught

Only items found in the field can be used.

No mega evolving

1 fully evolved pokemon

No TM's

Only one attacking move a pokemon, and that must be below 100 power.

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 23:10 »
You've got to be kidding me

Get the worst starter in the game, then wonder trade it until you get something below that level and non-starter-ish!

No EV'ing allowed!

Nicknames must be ironic!

3 pokemon a team, no more can be caught

Only items found in the field can be used.

No mega evolving

1 fully evolved pokemon

No TM's

Only one attacking move a pokemon, and that must be below 100 power.

Is the name "You've got to be kidding me"?
Because I think a name like "Pokémon: Cold Heart Putin" would be more fitting.

Should we continue rushing into modes that no one would actually play but are hilariously fun to describe?

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 23:22 »
these are all for the most part hilariously impossible

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2014, 23:22 »
I know, that's why it's fun.

Offline Hitmonchu

• Mulholland Fan
  • A Spriter and a
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2014, 00:54 »
Genlocke

Each Pokemon in your party must be from a different generation.

The first pokemon who's gen you DO NOT HAVE any pokemon in your party from is the only Pokemon that may be captured in an area.

Example team: Victreebel(Gen 1), Bayleef(Gen 2), Dustox(Gen 3), Ramparados(Gen 4), Gigalith(Gen 5), Furfrou(Gen 6)

ALL HAIL GOOMY

Offline Mew King

• Some Sort of Grad Student of Sorts
  • Mulholland Fan
  • Now even Manaphy wants to kill you
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2014, 01:46 »
Oooh...I got a new idea recently.

ABClocke:
1.) Normal Nuzlocke rules apply.
2.) Aside from having HMs (to use as the HM slaves and not during battle) and the attacks at whatever level you get the Pokemon (and learn if it starts off with less than four moves, the only moves you can teach your Pokemon must start with the same letter as whatever the letter of the Pokemon you want to evolve it into starts with.

So, you can only teach Froakie moves that begin with a G, so Giga Impact and Grass Knot.  So, your Greninja's potential moveset consists of Pound, Growl, Bubble, Quick Attack, Giga Impact, and Grass Knot.  You can teach it Cut, Strength, Surf, and Waterfall too, but you can't use any of them.

If you have an Eevee, you need to teach it moves that begin with an E if it will evolve into an Espeon (so just Echoed Voice) or F if it will evolve into a Flareon (which gives you a lot more: Fire Fang, Fire Spin, Flare Blitz, Frustration, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Facade, and Flame Charge).  If you want to evolve it into a Vaporeon, otherwise, lol, you better like it as an HM slave because it learns no attack that begins with a V.

The point is some Pokemon just give you a LOT more options than others.
Gary was here.  Ash is a loser.