Author Topic: Computer trouble  (Read 968 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline That Girl in the 'Roo Suit

• "You'll go far with your compassion. But unless you have the tenacity, you'll never make it to the top"
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • WE ROXOR U THEN U AM CRY
    • View Profile
    • DA
Computer trouble
« on: February 15, 2016, 09:11 »
Essentially, the email account I used for my windows 10 laptop no longer exists. My dad changed the family accounts without telling me, giving me no chance to change it on my laptop.

This would not have been a problem had I remembered the password for my account, as I use a PIN on my laptop. Now I can't get a password reset, because the email address it is sending it to is invalid, and it has locked me out of attempting to sign in as all the usual passwords are apparently wrong.

Can you guys think of any way I can rectify this problem other than completely reinstalling Windows? Because I would rather not have to do that. Way too much effort backing everything up, but I'm getting to the point where I would rather like to change things on here.
-~-
Well did she make you cry? Make you break down?
Shatter your illusions of love?
And is it over now? Do you know how
To pick up the pieces and go home?
-~-

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
Re: Computer trouble
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 16:15 »
when me and a school bully were involved in a bizarre tit-for-tat email hacking thing and we both lost our accounts apparently u could email Microsoft Support and get your stuff back via going "ok this is my account this is my DoB and my deetz. can i have it back now". this is how most hacking happens (social engineering) haha

but uh do you got the personal details about the account to hand at all? like name n date of birth and all that. as long as you can sort of prove its your account even if there are Password Troubles they tend to be ok with relinquishing it i think cos this sort of situation happens all the time.
           

Offline That Girl in the 'Roo Suit

• "You'll go far with your compassion. But unless you have the tenacity, you'll never make it to the top"
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • WE ROXOR U THEN U AM CRY
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 22:07 »
The problem was that the account no longer actually exists, they send details to the email account and without it I cant get them xD

It's okay though I did a full system restore and linked my gmail account to microsoft, so at least I know the account itself won't get deleted by family without my knowledge xD
-~-
Well did she make you cry? Make you break down?
Shatter your illusions of love?
And is it over now? Do you know how
To pick up the pieces and go home?
-~-

Offline Milsap

• Hates everything
  • Fan Fan
  • The only person who is permanently angry
    • View Profile
    • Six String Tings- Guitar Related Tosh
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 15:30 »
Can't you log in to Hotmail on the boyfriend's compy and change all your details that way?
[Three Word Rule]

I occasionally write stories. Find them HERE

I also race cars from time to time on my YouTube Channel

Offline MOP

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 23:31 »
The problem was that the account no longer actually exists, they send details to the email account and without it I cant get them xD

I'm sure when I deleted my previous hotmail and gmail accounts (I don't know about other providers) they both informed me that the accounts would be recoverable for a period of time after. Like with hotmail you can delete your account but simply logging back in within something like two months will recover the account. This was all quite a few years ago though so maybe things have changed. :/