Author Topic: They need to make these games for the DS!  (Read 1389 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Zombiekiller23

• Was formerly known as Zombiekiller23....
  • Rex Fan
  • Hello people of planet AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
    • Global PokedeX Plus - Hatch 'em all!
They need to make these games for the DS!
« on: August 17, 2011, 15:55 »
I'm probably not the only person here who wants to play these games on the DS....in my opinion, i think it would be pretty cool....maybe they could bring back Jirachi and Deoxys while they are at it!  ;D

Offline Kona

• Mad props to Mr. Dalliard for the avatar. The world's biggest
  • Joeno Fan
  • sir fredricko the seventytwelf of rainbow land
    • View Profile
Re: They need to make these games for the DS!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 15:58 »
If RSE get remade, It'll be on 3DS I'm afraid. It's Nintendo's new portable, and it's selling badly. A big game like Pokéon could save it.

<Ledyba>: and I replied quick as a flash
<Girl>: AHHHH!!!The voices.

Offline Zombiekiller23

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 16:24 »
That sucks! :mad: It should be on both 3Ds and the Ds lite ar whatever.....i could have gotton the 3Ds or Dsi but i chose not to....why would they just make it for that...... :mad:

Offline Kona

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 16:38 »
That sucks! :mad: It should be on both 3Ds and the Ds lite ar whatever.....i could have gotton the 3Ds or Dsi but i chose not to....why would they just make it for that...... :mad:
If they make it on both, it'll either have a MD 1 situation where there's a version for each, which you wouldn't want to do when both games have different mons in.

And, if you were a hardware and software developer with a new peice of hardware that's selling bad, you want a big hit to come out so people who were waiting for awesome games buy them. It'd be like asking why the new Kid Icarus or the remake of Star Fox 64 is on 3DS, not Wii or DS. They want big games to make it sell well.

Offline Nightmare Eater

• The Darkness in a Demon
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Screaming, Darkness and...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 18:57 »
If RSE get remade, It'll be on 3DS I'm afraid. It's Nintendo's new portable, and it's selling badly. A big game like Pokéon could save it.

The only reason I see why it's not selling good is because most people have probably thought it was a waste of money to go buy a new DS which almosts acts the same as the DSi with other features you would probably only use once or have another system to do it. The 3DS as I see it is just a Wii made better.
Something about evil

Man I love experimenting with this sprite.

Offline Zombiekiller23

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 19:52 »
If they make it on both, it'll either have a MD 1 situation where there's a version for each, which you wouldn't want to do when both games have different mons in.

And, if you were a hardware and software developer with a new peice of hardware that's selling bad, you want a big hit to come out so people who were waiting for awesome games buy them. It'd be like asking why the new Kid Icarus or the remake of Star Fox 64 is on 3DS, not Wii or DS. They want big games to make it sell well.
The price is still an issue though! the game may be a huge hit but it still may not work! My friends says he cat wait for RSEFRLGY to come out on the ds but he says if it is on the3Ds he wont get it.....Nintendo cant neglect their other consoles! :-X

Offline Kona

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 11:08 »
The only reason I see why it's not selling good is because most people have probably thought it was a waste of money to go buy a new DS which almosts acts the same as the DSi with other features you would probably only use once or have another system to do it. The 3DS as I see it is just a Wii made better.
Some people don't realise it's a brand new peice of hardware, not just a DS with 3D. It's arguably more powerful than a Wii, as it can run SF4 fine, when the iPhone, which is more powerful than a Wii, has a cut down version that's awful. Also, the DS was effectively a better N64, so you'd think the 3DS is a better Gamecube. However, the Wii was just an overclocked Gamecube, so the 3DS is much more powerful than the Wii. It is technically a better Wii, but when it was made as the successor to the DS, it's gonna do its job. It's way more powerful, and now it's at near enough the same price as the DS was at launch (£115 for the 3DS, £100 at launch for the DS).

The price is still an issue though! The game may be a huge hit but it still may not work! My friends says he cat wait for RSEFRLGY to come out on the ds but he says if it is on the3Ds he wont get it.....Nintendo cant neglect their other consoles! :-X
You can get one for £115 nowadays. That's half the price some people payed at launch. And Nintendo are free to stop supporting something whenever they want. Think of the Virtual Boy. It got discontinued in less than a year. The DS is something like 6 years old now. 6 years with nothing that boosted the performance (Well, they can't do that, but still.). The DSi just had some Flash Memory and 2 Cameras.

If you think how much hardware has evolved in 6 years, it was about time for a successor to the DS a few years back. They waited though so that they could get something as good as one of their best known products (the Wii) for a reasonable price on a handheld. Had it been 2 years or so ago, it'd would've cost over £300 pound, especially when 3D as it is now was new, which would've ended up flopping like the virtual boy.

In case you don't notice, Nintendo announced 1 DS game during their E3 presentation, which was a free DSiWare thing, which you can also get on the 3DS. There's a new Kirby and the free remake of Four Swords for DS coming from Nintendo by the end of the year, and that's probably it. And there was very little for the Wii announced at E3. If they were to continue supporting their last gen consoles, their newest ones would be lacking, such as how the PS3 can't play PS2 games, as PS2s were still selling at the time. How would you feel if you sold your DS to get a 3DS, keeping your games, only to find out you can't play them on it as they want to keep supporting the DS.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 11:21 by Kona »

Offline Pretty Awesome

• [citation needed]
  • Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 12:57 »
If RSE get remade, It'll be on 3DS I'm afraid. It's Nintendo's new portable, and it's selling badly. A big game like Pokémon could save it.

I'm afraid that Kona has hit the nail on the head here. Quite honestly if it does get remade on the 3DS even I may go out and buy one, due to my love of R/S/E and I believe many people would do the exact same. I would definitely like to see a remade R/S, not so sure about FR/LG since they were already remade.

Time to think of some potential names... Rocking Ruby and Sexy Sapphire perhaps?

Offline Nightmare Eater

• The Darkness in a Demon
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Screaming, Darkness and...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 14:42 »
If pokemon goes to 3DS while in Gen V, then the 3rd version would be there. Also I just want to ask why people even consider Emerald or FR/LG getting a remake.
Something about evil

Man I love experimenting with this sprite.

Offline Pretty Awesome

• [citation needed]
  • Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 14:48 »
Also I just want to ask why people even consider Emerald or FR/LG getting a remake.

While I highly doubt any of those games will be getting remade, it will surely make a good profit and that is reason enough to remake them. I would like to see an Emerald remake (as well as Yellow and Crystal) but that seems pretty unlikely. Hopefully FR/LG will be left well alone.

Offline Kona

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 19:35 »
If pokemon goes to 3DS while in Gen V, then the 3rd version would be there. Also I just want to ask why people even consider Emerald or FR/LG getting a remake.
R/S cartridges are having their internal batteries die, cutting off some stuff. That's really enough of a reason. Not to mention they're almost 10 years old.

Another reason for them to develop Pokémon on the 3DS from now on is that the DS isn't gonna last 4 or so more years, whereas the 3DS will. Maybe next year we'll get Rainbow, then 2 or 3 years after we'll get the R/S remake. I personally doubt the DS is gonna live until christmas 2012.

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
  • Mega Launchaahhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 15:36 »
I personally doubt the DS is gonna live until christmas 2012.

We'll be dead by then Ermm...ignore that.

I do agree that they should remake them. HGSS were made 10 years after the release of GSC I believe, I don't see why they shouldn't with RSE. The nostalgia...ah it would be nice to enjoy...but we might have to wait until the 5th gen is settled, probably by next year or whatever. But it might be settled already.

FRLG would be nice to have back, as they haven't had your rival become champion waiting for you to defeat him/her since FRLG. And an idea like that would be a fun plot instead of having the plot centralise on having to beat someone else instead of the champion (Like N in BW) and having to enter a glorified castle.

HGSS was the sort of thing that does this. You beat TR way before you reach the elite four, and then have an uninterrupted battle against Lance. I'd probably enjoy it more. And we wouldn't mind having Team Magma/Aqua back again. And Emerald was really quite fun, as it merged both teams making the plot more two sided instead of focusing on one team, and included the weather trio in a single game. I dont see why they wouldn't do that sort of thing again, and it'd be fun too. As most of the recent games have just involved one single team.

All in all, there would be a few things that would make me get a 3DS and a copy of the remake:

-Uninterrupted battle with the champion
-Two baddie teams instead of one
-Rival becomes champion

Most of what I've just typed may be mere poppycock to you all, though...
Credit to Dragonpika for the Clawitzer :P

Offline Stalex

• Pokémon Drummer
  • Psythor Fan
  • I feel like a monster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2011, 15:13 »
All in all, there would be a few things that would make me get a 3DS and a copy of the remake:

-Uninterrupted battle with the champion
-Two baddie teams instead of one
-Rival becomes champion

Most of what I've just typed may be mere poppycock to you all, though...

Not poppycock at all, I think they should remake both of those games. Could you imagine the awesome graphics of the Kyogre/Groudon fight? And a Kanto remake would be amazing, but I say they remake Yellow, since that was one of the best games ever.

Offline poketrainer12114

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012, 13:50 »
I would really love Pokémon on PSP. Like when starting there's like an intro of an anime where the protagonists battle each other with unlimited strength. I was really thinking about making a game like this but what the heck! I don't want to! I just have this game on my head and It hink about it when I'm older I'm gonna work for Nintendo and the Pokémon Company to make the baddest, most hardcore game ever!

I would add a lot to Pokémon games.