Author Topic: Steam game downloading at 0 bytes/s ?  (Read 5888 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
Steam game downloading at 0 bytes/s ?
« on: August 27, 2011, 01:48 »
OK, so basically, there's this one game I'm trying to download (Assassin's Creed Brotherhood) on a slowish internet connection. I don't really expect download speeds over 200 kbs tbh. But the thing is, it's always stuck on zero kb/s. Occasionally, it jumps around 100 kbs, 200 kbs and 300 kbs for a few minutes every once in a blue moon but other than that, its stuck on zero.
Everything else downloads pretty fine, with L4D2 downloading at a respecatable 20-30 kbs as do stuff on google chrome and stuff.
I've tried all sorts of stuff, like changing my region, renaming the client blob thing and relogging into steam but it's still generally the same.
If the steam servers were busy or something I'd understand but if other games download fine then I'm not sure what's wrong with this one...
What could the problem be?

Offline Kona

• Mad props to Mr. Dalliard for the avatar. The world's biggest
  • Joeno Fan
  • sir fredricko the seventytwelf of rainbow land
    • View Profile
Re: Steam game downloading at 0 bytes/s ?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 12:31 »
They're very busy atm due to Deus Ex Human Revolution recently coming out. Maybe try leaving it on overnight or when you're out with nobody else using the internet and nothing else downloading.

<Ledyba>: and I replied quick as a flash
<Girl>: AHHHH!!!The voices.

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
Re: Steam game downloading at 0 bytes/s ?
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 04:11 »
They're very busy atm due to Deus Ex Human Revolution recently coming out. Maybe try leaving it on overnight or when you're out with nobody else using the internet and nothing else downloading.
Oh right, DXHR, I forgot about that. No one else is downloading anything but i'll gtry leaving it over night

EDIT: Incidentally, I tried to download Deux Ex on this laptop as well, and that seems to be going at a reasonable pace.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 04:51 by Hahex and Oshawott »