Author Topic: Mark Smith  (Read 1683 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

OranBerrySandvich

Mark Smith
« on: April 27, 2011, 00:17 »
((Let's clear this first. This the first I've heard of PLC, and I'm here only to test the waters to see if it's to my tastes. I don't have a clue as to whether this was supposed to go here, or in the other character guide area.))

Name: Mark Jonathan Smith

Age and Gender:14 years of age, male

Description: Mark stands at 5' 6". He has pitch black hair that is nigh-on untamable, so unless he makes an effort to comb it after washing, it's in a solid bedhead style. His hair itself reaches to about an eighth of the
way down his neck, but it usually won't, the reason being that it is pretty much untamable, as said earlier. His eyes are a moderately dark brown in hue, and give nothing away but the fact that he is almost always in a serious mood or deep thought. They are, however, obscured somewhat by the rectangular glasses worn by Mark. His build is what most would consider almost scrawny, but still healthy. He isn't actually that strong, but this hardly surprises anyone. His usual attire consists of a black t-shirt with a light grey skull emblazoned upon the front, dark blue denim jeans, and black velcro trainers. If cold, however, he will don a grey jacket, or a thick black winter coat, depending on the level of the chill. He may change into something a little more formal if required though.

Personality:Mark is a distrustful person, tending to ignore most of the people attempting to approach him. He sees them as trying to make a mockery out of him, as a result of the bullying he recieves at school. Another product of his bullying experience is that he holds a shy, meek personality towards people he isn't overly familiar with when he doesn't feel threatened. If he warms up to a person, he will start to open up a touch more. While he keeps what he wants to himself, he allows others to have a glimpse into his life. Mark always downplays his own abilities, especially in battling. He doesn't consider himself someone to trick the foe, but he genuinely believes his capabilities are far inferior to most other people's. Due to this, and a lack of confidence in others as well as himself, Mark is rarely seen at competitive events. He usually turns tail when faced with pressure, but will perform and astound if he is cornered and has no other choice. Mark is more comfortable around pokemon, considering them to be more friendly in terms of company than humans.

History:Shortly after childbirth, Mark's mother died, leaving his father to care for him. His father however, suffered from a rare form of cancer. It struck him down when Mark was only 4, making the child an orphan. It was only at the age of 5, however, that he was cleared of the suspicion that he had inherited it as well. He did seem to develop a different illness though. Due to malfunctioning genes, Mark was confirmed to have a genetic disease that forced him to take a medicinal injection once a day. If this was not administered, the results could prove fatal. First, he would collapse, unconcious. Within minutes after that, he would stop breathing and die. There is no cure for it at the moment, but scientists are working on it. Naturally, Mark's affliction hinders his sporting-or indeed, physical overall-ability. So, Mark's time is usually spent reading, writing, revising, or playing on a console of some sort. This led to a lack of interaction, and a lack of friends throughout his life. Mark was constantly the target of bullies and harsh rumours, leading to various attempts at self-harming or revenge - all with varying degrees of success. At the age of 12, he acquired his first pokemon (more on that in the "Pokemon" section).

Friends/Enemies:None so far, but he detests rude people, to the point where he feels like hitting them in their smug little faces with something heavy.

Pokemon:Mark's first, and only pokemon (as of now), is his level 5 Eevee. His Eevee doesn't have a nickname.

Eevee

Pokemon's History-Eevee: Mark's foster father was an assistant at a pokemon ranch. When the head rancher found out it was his longest employed assistant's son's birthday, he decided to give the boy a little present. It was an egg, a light-ish brown in colour. A few months later, the egg hatched into an Eevee. This pokemon turned out to be Mark's only (good) friend in the coming years, and as such, it recieved a great deal of love and care from him.
Eevee's Personality: Eevee is a playful pup(will confirm if a baby Eevee is actually a pup), and will try to investigate anything it deems interesting by poking and sniffing it. This has gotten it it's fair share of bumps and bruises, but that doesn't alter it's cheery attitude. He remains ever-loyal to Mark, and will defend him to the bitter end, unless commanded otherwise. Eevee will obey Mark's orders regardless of what they are, as he trusts Mark with his life.
Recent Events: Eevee has has been left in a pokemon center in a different region due to an ear infection. He may arrive shortly, as the condition is perfectly treatable.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 21:19 by OranBerrySandvich »

Offline Liam

• Gym Leader
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
Re: Mark Smith
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 11:59 »
This is looking very good, so you have my approval. All we have to do is wait for PTX. =]

Also I have a soft spot for pictures if you want to pop an Eevee sprite in there. :P

OranBerrySandvich

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 13:40 »
Well, ask and thou shalt recieve. Or something like that.

Offline PTX Redux

• ~The Writer with Golden Status [Voted Best Writer in PLC + Best Role Player in '06]~
  • Gym Leader
  • Sentret Fan
  • "There's nothing like a good battle."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 16:04 »
Good character profile. You are Approved

All you need to do now is request acceptance into the member group. In order to do so, simply follow these steps...

* Go to your profile page

* Look in the "Modify Profile" drop down tab and select "Group Membership"

* Look for the member group called "PLC access" and select "Request Membership."

* After you have been approved, if you find yourself unable to post anywhere other than the PLC, go back to the "Group Membership" page and make sure that you make "Registered Members" your primary group.

Once you've done that I'll approve you for PLC access.
Join Pokemon Live Connection, an interactive Pokemon fanfiction where every character's stories are intertwined. Think of it as one giant Role Play and sign up today.

Follow the Journeys Saga in Johto
Journeys: Johto Saga (Summary)

OranBerrySandvich

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 20:54 »
Update
  • Mark has arrived in Nuvema
  • Mark has introduced himself to Flappy Kona (Flappy will be put in the friends section once Mark accepts him as one, rather than an acquaintance)
  • Eevee has been left in Mark's home region due to an ear infection, but will hopefully be allowed to arrive shortly

OranBerrySandvich

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 00:18 »
Update
  • Mark's Eevee has rejoined him
  • Mark has recieved the following items: Medicinal injections X25, perscription to allow more to be obtained from pharmacies, pokedex, pokeballs X5

OranBerrySandvich

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 15:32 »
I now wish to retire my character. The story has been dead for nearly two weeks, and as such, posting in it seems pointless.

OranBerrySandvich

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 14:20 »
It has been around a month since I requested termination of my character. I don't wish to sound impatient, but can I recieve confirmation of him being retired from all activity, please?

Offline Liam

• Gym Leader
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 16:19 »
You don't exactly need to have confirmation, you can just stop using him I guess. =P

I'll lock it though, seeing as you don't want to use him. PM me if you change your mind.