Author Topic: Reggie Stemson  (Read 1397 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Stmacl

• A force so evil that it wears a suit!!
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • So what are you gonna do... DEWOTT?!
    • View Profile
    • My blog the woes of a pokemon nerd
Reggie Stemson
« on: June 05, 2012, 23:14 »
Character name: Reggie Stemson

Current Location: Route 2

Description:
Reggie is 6ft 5 inches tall, he isn't overweight, his general build is slim and slightly muscular. He has brown hair that sticks up randomly, he hides this hair under a stetson hat.
He has brown eyes.

He wears a brown hoodie jumper that he sometimes uses the hood to carry pokemon in. He wears blue jeans that are stained with mud and white trainers which need cleaning.
Reggie has scars on his arms that he normally hides from others.

Personality: Reggie is normally a happy person who likes nothing more than to have conversations with his pokemon and people that happen to travel with him.
For some reason whenever someone mentions his mother he seems to get tensed up about it and has even been known to attack people because of it.
This aspect has lead a lot of people to steer clear of him, making Reggie a lone wolf.
Reggie cares about others more than himself and even defended an Oshawott from a Mightyena not thinking of the consequences.
Friends and family have expressed concern about his sleep talking where he seems to be chanting in an unknown language.

History: Reggie was born in Slateport City in Hoenn where he lived until he was 3, because of his father's work however, Reggie and his Mother both had to move to Unova to live.
Their current residence is Accumula Town.
When Reggie was 7 his Father took him to watch a pokemon contest that his Mother was taking place in, although he never mentions it for some reason.
For most of his life, Reggie has helped his Mother do the general housework and cooking due to her being disabled from the waist down. Reggie has good cooking skills due to this.

Whilst Reggie was going to the Market to buy ingredients for dinner one night when he was 9, he saw an Oshawott being cornered by a Mightyena.
He dove in to defend Oshawott and ended up with deep wounds in his arms.
A passing man walking home from work spotted them and called for an ambulance.
After eventually getting out of the hospital in Castelia City, with several stitches in his arm, Reggie noticed that the Oshawott which he had defended was waiting for him outside his house. They have been together ever since.

Reggie's family is descended from an ancient tribe of people that worshiped Rayquaza. As testament to this, a lot of items that Reggie carry have been decorated with the same markings that Rayquaza was believed to have.

Reggie's Father works in Castelia City at the company that manufactures the C-Gear. Because of this Reggie occasionally receives prototype gadgets, that his father works on, to test.

Reggie's Mother is disabled from the waist down following a tragic accident that no-one in their family mentions. Before the accident she used to take part in pokemon contests with her pokemon. She is normally seen with her pokemon, Slakoth, hanging off her neck sleeping.

The rest of Reggie's family is in Hoenn.

Friends:
Professor Juniper.
Enemies:
None as of yet.
People who have caught his attention:
Ghetsis
N

Pokémon:

Oshawott

Caught in:
Lv15
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Timid
Attacks known: Tackle, Focus Energy, Water Gun, Water Sport
Reggie met Oshawott one night when he was going to market shopping for ingredients. Oshawott was being attacked by a Mightyena, after being defended by Reggie, Oshawott became attached to the boy and, after he was released from hospital, allowed Reggie to catch him.
Oshawott is Timid by nature prefering to ride in Reggie's hood and hiding from other people and pokemon. When needed however Oshawott can hold it's own in battle and seems to transform into a completely different pokemon.

Key Items:

C-Gear: A gift from his Father after hearing about him defending Oshawott. Reggie's C-Gear is different from others, due to his father tinkering with it.
As well as all the features it had before, Reggie's C-Gear also has a map app, a navigation system as well as a function that allows him to check his pokemon's conditions. The drawbacks of these added functions is that the battery runs out faster.

Xtransceiver: Due to the constant hospital appointments his Mother has, Reggie was given his Xtransceiver in case anything went wrong at home. Nothing special about it other than the Rayquaza markings Reggie decorates everything with.

Poffin case: This was his Mothers, Reggie keeps it as a good luck charm.

Good Rod: A fishing rod that Reggie's uncle gave him during his visit to the hospital, Reggie has yet to use it.

Bicycle: A fold up Bike that he got for his 16th Birthday. A part on the Bike that connects the chain to the back wheel is broken. He needs to get that fixed sometime.

Badge case: Reggie intends to compete in the pokemon league so he registered at the pokemon center and received this.
Reggie currently has no badges.

Survival kit: All the things Reggie needs to survive in the world;
A tent
A sleeping bag
A compass and map
Cooking equipment
A box of matches
A canister for water
A box for storing ingredients in
A few cans of Repel
First aid kit
Spare batteries for his C-Gear and Xtransceiver
An old cell phone for emergencies

Pokedex:(No image available unfortunately)
Given to him in Accumula Town by Professor Juniper the pokedex is visual proof that Reggie is a researcher in the pokedex project. The pokedex allows Reggie to access information about pokemon he sees, there is also a function that allows Reggie to add more information to the pokedex about pokemon that hasn't been documented such as how they act in groups. Due to the fact that trainers have had their pokedexes stolen in the past, the only way Reggie can get it to work is by slotting his trainer card into the top of it. A failsafe incase it falls into the wrong hands.

Trainer card:(No image is currently available but I'm working on it)
This trainer card is proof that Reggie is a trainer. It has his face on it as well as his ID number. It allows him to use his pokedex as well. If plugged into a computer data on Reggie such as the pokemon he has will be shown (Updated whenever he uses a PC for pokemon storage or he heals his pokemon at the pokemon center) it'll also show that he is a member of the pokedex project as well as other bits of information. The trainer card also acts as a Credit card of sorts, allowing Reggie to save his money electronically and use it wherever he is.
Other items:
Potions X5
Pokeballs X5
Timer ball X2
Sitrus Berries X9
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 21:31 by Stmacl »

No-one cared when I made a Nuke launcher, but no-one really agreed with my nuke machine gun...

Offline Stmacl

• Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Reggie Stemson
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 19:28 »
Sorry for the double post but I'm wondering when these get checked??

No-one cared when I made a Nuke launcher, but no-one really agreed with my nuke machine gun...

Offline Liam

• Gym Leader
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 19:29 »
Hey, :)

After reading your application I found that your content was fine and even exciting at some points. However, your application in terms of it's layout seems a bit messy. Perhaps you could use bold tags to highlight particular sections so they don't seem so clustered together? Additionally, some of your sentences end up being collections of lists separated by endless commas. I suggest you take a little look over such things and PM me when you are finished.

Thanks!

Offline Stmacl

• Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 05:53 »
And the editing is done!!  ;D

Offline PTX Redux

• ~The Writer with Golden Status [Voted Best Writer in PLC + Best Role Player in '06]~
  • Gym Leader
  • Sentret Fan
  • "There's nothing like a good battle."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 19:39 »
You have my OK. I will leave it to Liam to see if you've corrected what he wanted you to.
Join Pokemon Live Connection, an interactive Pokemon fanfiction where every character's stories are intertwined. Think of it as one giant Role Play and sign up today.

Follow the Journeys Saga in Johto
Journeys: Johto Saga (Summary)

Offline Liam

• Gym Leader
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 22:54 »
By embolden I meant the category words such as "Personality" and "Description"! I guess I should have been clearer.

Anyway, I'm going to accept you.

All you need to do now is request acceptance into the member group. In order to do so, simply follow these steps...

* Go to your profile page

* Look in the "Modify Profile" drop down tab and select "Group Membership"

* Look for the member group called "PLC access" and select "Request Membership."

* After you have been approved, if you find yourself unable to post anywhere other than the PLC, go back to the "Group Membership" page and make sure that you make "Registered Members" your primary group.

Thanks, Liam.