Author Topic: Will RS' long Pokedex entries return?  (Read 1182 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Ledyba

• Judge, Jury, and Executioner | <3 Kelly!!
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
Will RS' long Pokedex entries return?
« on: July 16, 2014, 13:49 »
One of the more overlooked things that RS did that other games haven't copied was to have bigger Pokedex entries for their Pokemon.  Because of the amount of text entries spanned two 'dex pages.  For example Metagross' entries in Ruby and Sapphire were:

Metagross has four brains in total. Combined, the four brains can breeze through difficult calculations faster than a supercomputer. This Pokémon can float in the air by tucking in its four legs.

Metagross is the result of two Metang achieving fusion. When hunting, this Pokémon pins the prey to the ground under its massive body. It then eats the helpless victim using the large mouth on its stomach.

Later entries were more condensed and read more like linked bullet points.   Imo don't flow as well. 

Do you think they'd return, or would you like them to return?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 13:53 by Ledyba »

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Will RS' long Pokedex entries return?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 14:13 »
I'd like them to return, it was nice to have detailed entries.

...also that second Metagross thing is weird, definitely makes it sound like a dark type 0_o
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

MonsterMon64

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 14:23 »
I'd definitely love for them to return, as well. Not just that, but to flesh out Pokedex data with new information. Granted there isn't a whole lot to say about some Pokemon, but that's just it; I want to be surprised with something cool or interesting, but a lot of the recent iterations of Pokedex data is just repeating stuff we already know about from previous generations. That's not even counting when they simply reuse older Pokedex data for post-national Dex 'mon (although oddly enough the remakes tend to have new entries for said 'mon, which is a nice touch, let's hope OR/AS does the same!)

That said, OR/AS will likely use their respective entries for the 300+ 'mon that existed in Gen III at the time, at least I assume. I get they were trying to tidy stuff up with some of the Emerald entries, but if you have more space to work with, you might as well use it.

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 17:11 »
Probably a nightmare for the chap/chaps that have to think up long entries for nearly double R/S's original Pokemon count... o.o

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 17:17 »
^ best hope they get paid double for doing it, then

imo it was one of the best things about gen 3 and i'd be p elated if we still got all of those extra details

thanks gl <3

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 18:49 »
I would love it, it gives a better picture of what a Pokémon is like in the wild. Like, elaborating on how they hunt / get food and such.

Offline Mistral

• Rob Fan
    • View Profile
    • Petalburg Woods
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 03:32 »
It'd be cool if they did. However, given that they'd have to do it for 700+ Pokemon, it's unlikely they would unless they've been working on this for a while. They just announced the game this year, and it's highly unlikely they could write long dex entries for 700+ Pokemon and do all of the other stuff needed for the game's launch and be ready for a November 21st launch.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 18:30 »
^Well, that could happen, but wouldn't that have ones for some the pokemon that existed when R/S/E came out originally?
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2014, 08:39 »
^I agree. Additions to the Hoenn Dex (WHICH are happening as evident by Phoebe having a Dusknoir now!) would also get one. I mean allof the OLD Pokemon in BW had their Platinum Pokedex entries and the ones added to the BW2 Dex got new entries but the rest had Platinum's once more. I would think that any Pokemon not in the Hoenn Dex would get BW2 entries instead of new ones.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 00:28 by Captain Jigglypuff »
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!