Author Topic: Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are the last main series games on the 3DS  (Read 3405 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Petzbreeder

• Also known as Brally
  • Joeno Fan
  • I play my games in French sometimes.
    • View Profile
I watched a Youtube video just now, saying it has been confirmed that Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are going to be the last main series Pokemon games on the 3DS.

All main series Pokemon games will be made for the Nintendo Switch from then on.
Too bad we're not going to get to see a Diamond/Pearl remake on the 3DS. That would have been cool.

Your thoughts?

MonsterMon64

^Well I mean, it probably would have been cool to have gotten a Ruby/Sapphire remake during Gen 5, too, but I liked the Alpha Sapphire we did get, for what was worth. I get what you mean, though.

It's not exactly surprising they'd switch (er, no pun intended) to a more modern console, especially this late in the 3DS' life, but just how portable is the Switch for that to be justified?* Then again, I suppose Pokemon games aren't advertised for their portability as much as their connectivity, so maybe it's a smart move. It just... kinda kills the whole PoCkeT MonSTER joke.

*To be fair, I'm thinking of getting one some time down the road, but not for a Pokemon game.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
To start things off, long time no talk MM64. Marth and Roy are in Fire Emblem games from now on, thanks to amiibo support. This joke came out way more stiff that I thought it would.

but just how portable is the Switch for that to be justified?

Pretty portable. ~3-4 hours of battery life with car charging options if I'm recalling right, and the docking station is really compact.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Ledyba

• Judge, Jury, and Executioner | <3 Kelly!!
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
A Pokemon RPG has be confirmed for the Switch possibly next year.  I'm gonna guess we're going to see Gen 8 2018/9. 

MonsterMon64

To start things off, long time no talk MM64. Marth and Roy are in Fire Emblem games from now on, thanks to amiibo support. This joke came out way more stiff that I thought it would.

Pretty portable. ~3-4 hours of battery life with car charging options if I'm recalling right, and the docking station is really compact.

Oh, I guess it has been a while since we directly engaged in conversation. Hey there!

...This response is also stiff, so I think we're even. (though I appreciated the throwback to simpler times...)

And ah, that's good to know. Makes me wonder how the next-gen Pokemon will take the most advantage of the Switch... Thinking back, they could have done more with the 3DS. I think the most we got when X and Y debuted was "Flip the 3DS upside down to evolve your squid" or something like that. I honestly wouldn't have minded a built-in, expanded PokeWalker mode that, I dunno, used Play Coins and also had StreetPass functions, but I guess that'd have been a hard sell these days. Well, unless Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon do something to that effect.

A Pokemon RPG has be confirmed for the Switch possibly next year.  I'm gonna guess we're going to see Gen 8 2018/9. 
Sounds about right, given the time between the games these days. (also hey, it's been a while since you and I talked, too!)

Offline Ledyba

• Judge, Jury, and Executioner | <3 Kelly!!
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
Based on previous gens,  I think we're going to have smaller but more gens,  which I'm personally ok with.

And I know man!  Good to see you around here!

Offline SaRo|Rapidash

• The 9th Gym Leader
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
Too bad we're not going to get to see a Diamond/Pearl remake on the 3DS. That would have been cool.

Looks like the rule for remakes is 2 consoles later (GB -> GBA, GBC -> DS, GBA -> 3DS, DS -> Switch), but of nothing Game Freak does is especially predictable, so guess it's fair to be a little disappointed.
DONT LET THE PEOPLE ON STAGE LEFT KNOW THE SCRIPT
...╚⊙ ⊙╝...
 ╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ...╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ╚═(███)═╝
 .╚═(███)═╝
 ..╚═(███)═╝

Offline MegaNerd14

• Highest Master Meganerd
  • Rex Fan
  • my battle theme is "Radix - Fire and Ice"
    • View Profile
I'm hoping that the Pokemon Switch RPG are remakes of Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness, though that may be just me. :/
[insert memes] [insert signature too]

Offline The Hooded Trainer

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
^They wont be. Pretty sure they emphasised that these were going to be main line pokemon games, which pretty much either means gen 8 or gen 4 remakes. Personally i think gen 8 is more likely, cause itd be weird putting a remake on a new system before an entirely new game, but who knows. Maybe theyll surprise all of us and give us another gen 1 remake, given its been longer since frlg than dppl.

Anyway, im cool with this whole thing. The massive jump in power between the 3ds and the switch is going to make these next games very interesting, whatever they turn out to be.