Author Topic: Godzilla, Hero or Villain?  (Read 1277 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Zubatman

• Un Macho y Caballero
  • Psythor Fan
  • Zubats are not to be taken lightly.
    • View Profile
Godzilla, Hero or Villain?
« on: January 09, 2014, 00:05 »
((((((SPOILERS)))))) -Well for anyone planning to watch any of the older movies-

I dunno if anyone watched the original movies, but todays day and age seems to depict Godzilla as some sort of destructive monster (which kind of is a pretty accurate description) who's only purpose is to destroy and wreck Japan and Earth with all intentions. However, in many of the movies that were not as popular it shows Godzilla, yes, as a destructive force, however he was destructive force who sided with Earth and fought along humans (and his fellow monsters such as Rodan, or Radon, and Mothra). I mean, he defeated King Ghidorah (Monster Zero) multiple times as well as MechaGodzilla and Titanosaurus, but the newer movies show him going against Earth and the human race, taking countless lives and destroying multiple historical landmarks. Godzilla 2000 antagonizes the King of all Monsters, yet not long before the animated series of Godzilla showed him as the final resort to end a conflict between human and beast. Or how about Godzilla vs. Destroyah? Godzilla knew very well he was going to blow up due to the nuclear radiance heating inside him, however he fought to the end to protect Earth as well as Godzilla Jr. Who than absorbs the atomic power to replace his deceased father. In fact, in Godzilla vs. Destroyah, the Japanese even try to cool down Godzilla's nuclear warming. In spite of this, the newest installment, Godzilla 2014, plans to, yet again, create Godzilla as a threat to mankind.

How do YOU think of Godzilla? Is the King of all Monsters a Hero? Or is he simply the villain depicted in the newer movies?
"All men do not know when to stop, but Macho men know their limits and push them further, like a taco you know you've overstuffed."
                               -Uncle Jorge

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Godzilla, Hero or Villain?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 00:58 »
I always just thought of Godzilla as being a really big lizard. I mean sure it wrecked Tokyo, but I think if you were to radioactively (according to spellcheck, radioactively is a word) enlarge any animal it would cause massive damage and attack humans.

Offline Kerou 犠牲

• In time... we'll learn
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 01:09 »
I always just thought of Godzilla as being a really big lizard. I mean sure it wrecked Tokyo, but I think if you were to radioactively (according to spellcheck, radioactively is a word) enlarge any animal it would cause massive damage and attack humans.

This without doubt, radioactivity is gonna mess it up in the head too so its conscious will go away.

Godzilla that dude though.

Offline Xagor

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 02:35 »
It will usually vary from movie to movie whether he's treated as a villain or hero. Sometimes it'll even switch within a movie. There was a period where they did try and sell him more as a hero and protector though.

Godzilla is basically a force of nature and will do pretty much what he wants. If a bigger threat (i.e. Ghidorah) comes along he will try and stop that, but I'm not really sure that's done for the particular benefit of humanity.
3DS Friend Code:1676 3937 3524
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
http://tcgshiyo.wordpress.com/

Offline lets all go out for some frosty chocolate milkshakes

• 🌘
  • Joeno Fan
  • posting on pkmn.net and gets grounded
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 21:03 »
where the heck do ethics for humanity come in when you're literally the size of a skyscraper and more