Author Topic: Altaria question...  (Read 1173 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline vader31

• Iceduck Fan
    • View Profile
Altaria question...
« on: February 10, 2015, 15:20 »
A lot of people say that Hyper Voice should be the main STAB attack for the mega form but I don't understand why not Moonblast. Is it that Hyper Voice would have both Fairy and Normal typing due to Pixelate? If so, what's the benefit of having Normal typing to the move in addition to Fairy? Just asking...

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
Re: Altaria question...
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 15:32 »
Pixilate, as well as turning normal type moves into fairy type moves, also boosts the move's power by 1.3 times. Moonblast has a base power of 95, which is normally higher than Hyper Voice's base power of 90. However, after the Pixilate boost in damage, Hyper Voice's base power becomes 90*1.3=117, a whole 27 higher than Moonblast.

The move doesn't become both normal and fairy type like Flying Press becomes Flying/fighting. Hyper Voice is counted as simply  pure fairy type when the Pokemon using it has Pixilate.

Offline vader31

• Iceduck Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 15:35 »
Makes sense. I am gonna go Dragon Pulse, Hyper Voice, Roost and either Fire Blast or Flamethrower for Rock and Steel types. Suggestions???

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 21:31 »
Altaria needs all the power it can get, so I would personally go with Fire Blast. But it's your choice if you're put off by the shaky accuracy. Draco Meteor might be nice instead of Dragon Pulse but as I said, personal preference.