Author Topic: Gen 6 Semi ORAS OU tourney  (Read 3088 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Gen 6 Semi ORAS OU tourney
« on: August 10, 2015, 20:14 »
It's been a while since we've had a tourney here, so why don't we give it a shot? The format is OU, so anything OU and below is ok. Want to use a team full of little cup pokemon? You're good, although you'll get some strange looks. A team centered around Mega blaziken and a slew of banned pokemon? This is not the right tourney for that.

Rules:
Matches will be conducted in a best 3 of 5 style type. That means you must win 3 of your battles to move on in 5 tries. If you win before the 5 battle mark, you don't have to fight any longer. If a battle ends in a tie, it does not count, unless it was caused by Destiny Bond or Explosion. In which case, the person who used such move loses.

Anything OU or below up until the point of me posting this is accepted into the tourney. Yes ladies and gents, that includes Hoopa and Hoopa Unbound.

To add to the challenge, only Megas released before ORAS are usable. And they have to be OU at this moment. So that means no mega Lucario or Mawile. Don't worry, you are not required to have a mega on your team, and there's some out there that exist that meet these requirements.

As soon as the tourney starts, you may not switch your teams in any way. If you are caught, you are disqualified. Don't have a way to touch a certain pokemon? Should've thought about that beforehand.

No weather whatsoever. (This effectively bans Mega Charizard Y. Sorry folks. X is better anyways.)

Sleep Clause is in Effect

Freeze Clause is in Effect.

Endless Battle Clause is in Effect.

Species Clause is in Effect.

All parts of the Baton Pass Clause are in effect

Any move tutor moves that a pokemon might learn from an ORAS tutor are legal.

You must save the Replays to all of your battles and pm them to me. You can post them on the topic if you wish, because I might put mine up.

Be nice to the people you face. Actually this is a site rule. Yeah, definitely follow this.

Be active. If you sign up and don't show up to face the person you are matched with in a certain time without a reasonable excuse, you'll be cut and the other person will advance. So those "My gerbil ate my computer" excuses won't really work, unless it actually happened.

We are using Pokemon Showdown for this, since I doubt we have half of the pokemon we'll be using.

Since we're all going to be rusty, this should be a very interesting tournament and I hope that everyone who signs up has fun. I wish everyone the best of luck.

Those who have entered:
Breaking Blaziken
Waterstone
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 17:41 by Breaking Blaziken »
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
  • never more than 3 hours away from public meltdown
    • View Profile
Re: Gen 6 Semi ORAS OU tourney
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 20:27 »
Want to use a team full of little cup pokemon? You're good, although you'll get some strange looks.

I'm gonna do it

(X is better anyways.)

do u wanna bet m8?

"My gerbil ate my computer" excuses won't really work, unless it actually happened.

What if my caterpillars get hungry?

Those who have entered:
Breaking Blaziken

&Waterstone
Credit to Inferna for the teacup Chatot
surPrISE

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: Gen 6 Semi ORAS OU tourney
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 17:40 »
Well, Y is better in the respect of ground immunity and a built in sun maker, however SR is horrible for it. Also accepted.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN