Author Topic: Best mons to annoy friends with?  (Read 3054 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Friendly_Medic

• Pokemon Fan
  • King of the Hill is my Favorite Anime
    • View Profile
Best mons to annoy friends with?
« on: September 07, 2015, 13:00 »
I've used a lot of mons with the sole purpose of annoying my friends, Klefki, Togekiss, Clefable/Chansey (I put minimize on them). But now I'm drawing a blank on how to antagonize them further. Does anyone have any idea's for annoying sets?

My group of friends run no clauses except for evasion (after I ran the Clefable/Chansey minimize sets, everyone started running them so it was banned), and sleep.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 13:05 by Friendly_Medic »
"New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed without any other reason but because they are not already common" - John Locke

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
  • never more than 3 hours away from public meltdown
    • View Profile
Re: Best mons to annoy friends with?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 13:29 »
Constantly using evasion/accuracy moves to annoy my brother. Fav is always Sand Attack on a Skarmory because it can still do fabulous damage and with a balanced move set it becomes quite simple to beat him 6-0
Credit to Inferna for the teacup Chatot
surPrISE

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 15:10 »
baton passing scolipede is extremely irritating
anything that can paraflinch (togekiss and jirachi are common)
also there's the troll aron set that's at level 1 and has shell bell endeavor or something

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 15:21 »
Before I got rid of baton pass on my mega blaziken, I would rack up stat boosts on it, then baton pass them out to my aegislash, which would sweep 4/5 times.

Paralyze, Leech Seed and SR on my Ferrothorn was another favorite of mine, they get punished for switching and punished for staying.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Friendly_Medic

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 15:55 »
Constantly using evasion/accuracy moves to annoy my brother. Fav is always Sand Attack on a Skarmory because it can still do fabulous damage and with a balanced move set it becomes quite simple to beat him 6-0
Interesting, I can probably make a Mean Look Umbreon work since it has bulk, recovery, and a move that doesn't allow switches.

also there's the troll aron set that's at level 1 and has shell bell endeavor or something
Sadly, my group of friends play with the 50 level thing  :'( Though if they have a change of heart, Aron is definitely on my list.

Paralyze, Leech Seed and SR on my Ferrothorn was another favorite of mine, they get punished for switching and punished for staying.
Oh, this one seems fun, can I get set details?
"New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed without any other reason but because they are not already common" - John Locke

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 16:46 »
Sure

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers/Rocky Helmet
Iron Barbs
Careful Nature +SpD -SpA/Impish Nature +Def -SpA
(252 HP and split between the other two for careful. Look on Smogon for the Impish ev set)

Power Whip
SR/Spikes
Leech Seed
Toxic/T-wave

I would take spikes over SR if you have another pokemon to set rocks already, if not, use SR. Leech seed to recover health over time. T-wave cripples attackers and and screw with supporters while Toxic breaks down other walls and puts a timer on sweepers.

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 14:48 »
Sadly, my group of friends play with the 50 level thing  :'( Though if they have a change of heart, Aron is definitely on my list.
I feel like F.E.A.R. Ratata should still work even at level 50. As long as you have poor investment in defenses, you should still get knocked down to one HP from a hit as long as you have Focus Sash. Then hit em up with a Quick Attack and you can get one knock out still. 

Offline Kpyna

• Sentret Fan
  • ive got that tune
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2015, 17:33 »
I used to have a megaslowbro I'd annoy the heck outta people with.

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD/ 8 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

That's basically it. I had a Garchomp too that was similar, but he had Stone Edge/Earthquake/Rest/Sleep Talk for moves with Rough Skin and a rocky helmet.

Offline ShiraBliss

• The Girl Who Leapt Through Plot Holes
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Doot Doot Time to Animoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2015, 18:06 »
Weakness Policy Drifblim.

Stockpile for def & sp.def and Minimize for evasion. Try to Taunt? Ominous Wind, with a chance to boost ALL stats. Try to KO? Weakness Policy activates, and OOPS ya boosted it again. Ya also activated Unburden - SUCKS TO BE YOU.

Once Drifblim's had her fun, Baton Pass out (because she's faster than most Pokemon after Unburden and an activated Ominous Wind) and pass her boosts over to anyone. Whoever I switch into has, without an activated Ominous Wind, +2 atk, +3 def, +2 sp.atk, and +3 sp.def right off the bat. Imagine a Mega Charizard Y switching into those stats, or a Snorlax, or a Cradily, or even an uber like Aegislash or Mega Salamence.

I adore my Drifblim. After all those boosts, she conquers the battlefield ~
"I believe in the power of Love and secure WiFi!"

Homura Akemi (c) Puella Magi/Mahou Shoujo
Pokemon (c) Nintendo
Homura sprite done by me C:

Offline DisturbedHaxorus

• Holder of all Knowledge
  • Psythor Fan
  • Stop pulling on my leash, you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2015, 17:38 »
Shuckle, Shuckle, Shuckle.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

-"The name's Hax...DisHax."

Offline Friendly_Medic

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2015, 03:58 »
Shuckle, Shuckle, Shuckle.
Could you elaborate on a set? Or is it your standard Contrary shell smash rest-talk?
I have been pissing the hell out of people with Shadow Tag Gothitelle and its respective pre-evolutions on lower tiers, before it probably gets banned by Smogon.
Weakness Policy Drifblim.

Stockpile for def & sp.def and Minimize for evasion. Try to Taunt? Ominous Wind, with a chance to boost ALL stats. Try to KO? Weakness Policy activates, and OOPS ya boosted it again. Ya also activated Unburden - SUCKS TO BE YOU.

This seems interesting, but how effective is it in practice?

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2015, 14:14 »
On my last post, I referenced my Aegislash. That same Aegislash half the time can set up on its own and sweep. It's not even competitively bred or EV'd, nor does it have a good nature. I caught it in the wild for my playthrough of X and it demolishes  most of my friends' teams if set up at the precise time.

I also have an adamant leftovers multiscale dragonite with fire punch, dragon claw, extremespeed and iron tail. It's great, if there isn't burn, poison or SR up. >.>

Offline MegaNerd14

• Highest Master Meganerd
  • Rex Fan
  • my battle theme is "Radix - Fire and Ice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2016, 23:38 »
Magnemite: LVL 1

Ability: Sturdy

Recycle

Item: Oran Berry

This is the hardest pokemon to take down in the game. unless your friends use taunt. then you're screwed.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 22:48 by PokeMaster9001 »
[insert memes] [insert signature too]

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • WARNING: DORK
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2016, 06:11 »
Meowstic.

Meowstic is probably the most surprisingly amazing Pokémon I've ever used considering its been reduced to the PU tier.

Sending a Meowstic out on turn one only requires prediction to make it fairly difficult to take down. The set runs both screen moves, then Thunder Wave and Psychic. If the opponent they first set out is a support Pokémon too that will probably do very little damage regardless, use Thunder Wave unless of course they have an immunity.

If they're an attacker, use the correct screen to tank any super effective move, then put up the other screen to deal with anything else.

Meowstic can easily survive two super effective hits, so after that it can be switched out and used again when the screens end. Since they last longer with a Light Clay, Meowstic isn't even the problem anymore. The five glass cannons on my team that can now actually take a few hits while OHKOing most opponents are. And since moves like Quiver Dance and Dragon Dance are seen on the team, setting up is a breeze when you are essentially guaranteed to survive a hit.

Watching your whole team faint while the other team simply shrugs off damage because they've all basically got 2X both defenses stats isn't fun. My friends have let me know that.

I've responded with sadistic laughter.

Needs more Gengar