Author Topic: [Disc]Interest Check/Suggestion Thread  (Read 4641 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Cody999

• That one guy.
  • Rex Fan
  • Hey need to heal you pokemon? Well Gary oak--NO
    • View Profile
[Disc]Interest Check/Suggestion Thread
« on: September 20, 2016, 01:10 »
Just making a check if people here are interested in RP of any kind, if people are interested I could throw out some ideas and take suggestions. (Basically I want something else to distract me from writing Elizabeth’s Depressing Journey North (Working title))
Sup ~ I RP and stuff.
Also called Cody on err... pretty much everything.
When I play Pokemon I follow my personal Rule: I can only use Each Pokemon once across all games that I can transfer Pokemon across. I have used 108 different Pokemon I think.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: [Disc]Interest Check/Suggestion Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 01:39 »
As long as you're going to stick with it, i'll more than likely be in. There's been many times we've tried to revive it and they've all fallen through, so yeah, stay with it and it'll be great.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 05:31 »
I'm always down to rp!
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 09:39 »
id be down for helping with the opening post but I'm absolutely useless at starting/continuing RPs thanks to an unpredictable schedule :/

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline The Shrub Dragon

• so this one time i put milk in the kettle
  • Joeno Fan
  • uh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 16:03 »
I love rp but now isn't really an objectively good time for me but like poison I'll happily help with the opening and or make one or two gamemastery posts if you need anything like that

thanks gl <3

Offline The Hooded Trainer

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 16:06 »
Ive only rpd once or twice in the past, but depending on the idea i might be up for giving it a shot. Its not like i have an overly-busy schedule anyway.

Offline Cody999

• That one guy.
  • Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 23:37 »
Alright this is already more interest the other place I RP gets now, because all of the RPers there seem to have disappeared.

What sort of theme(s) and style(s) do you people want to see in an RP?
Sup ~ I RP and stuff.
When I play Pokemon I follow my personal Rule: I can only use Each Pokemon once across all games that I can transfer Pokemon across. I have used 108 different Pokemon I think.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 23:53 »
I honestly don't know. I'm sure whatever you come with will get some sort of attention.

Offline Cody999

• That one guy.
  • Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2016, 00:11 »
After a small break due to freshers stuff  (Even though no one seems to like freshers here.) here are some rough RP ideas:
Pokemon based. The players will take the place of Brenden/May and travel through Hoenn after meeting Prof. Birch. The main difference from the games will be a new villainous team.
Pokemon based. After seeing the second episode of Pokemon Generations I started to think about what a special forces unit would be in a Pokemon world. Players would be new recruits brought in to investigate the disappearance of an elite team.
Not based on anything (I think). For whatever reason, your character has been taken from their dimension and ended up on this version of earth. Someone brings the characters together to find a way back to their own dimensions.

Ideas/Suggestions/Criticisms? I can easily think of more ideas, I’m a bit hyperactive when it comes to making stuff up.
Sup ~ I RP and stuff.

Offline The Hooded Trainer

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 00:25 »
Those all seem like good ideas, but im only really interested in the first two (nothing wrong with the third one, im just in a kind of pokemon-mindset at the moment).

The first one seems relatively straightforward, so maybe you could give more details on the enemy team? Depending on what theyre trying to do it could lead to a pretty interesting plot.

The second one seems like it could be something really good, and that episode of generations was kind of amazing. Could lead to a wider variety of characters too, since they wouldnt be the typical trainer ocs.

The third one doesnt really appeal to me that much atm, but if you go into more detail in the plot there might be something to hook me in.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2016, 01:30 »
If you could possibly elaborate more on the third one that would be great. But of the other two, the second one catches my interest very quickly, so my vote is on that one.

Offline Cody999

• That one guy.
  • Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2016, 19:11 »
I’ll elaborate a bit on things.
The team in the first idea would have and advanced level of technology and be helping both team aqua and magma awaken their respective legendaries to “Make the world a better place.” Their primary Pokemon are Magnemite and Swablu (And their evolutions.)

The third idea should allow more creativity as you can decide on your characters home dimension and reason why they came to this one. After arriving on this earth most power/technology brought from other dimensions stop working (Unless they would function on this earth). After a period of hiding or blending into society, Characters would be told to meet up somewhere by another dimension hopper. This person explains that they need to find a way back to their own dimensions or a world-destroying thing will be attracted by their presence in this world.

Any more interest or questions/suggestions? If not then Idea 2 is go, seeing as how that has the most interest. 
Sup ~ I RP and stuff.