Author Topic: Nostalgia Thread  (Read 68000 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: Nostalgia Thread
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2013, 19:52 »
I was courtsola! I remember Dan's was Dangkhaskan.
omg i found this picture where i drew a few of us from sp with our <3
i was a politoed holding tickets
jsm was a kecleon holding a cardboard castform
john was a crobat covered in zq stuff
spinda was spinda and by was a leafeon and they were holding hands
webbz was a bagon staring at his reflection aha

Sprite rating topic! I remember feeling sad when i used to get low scores lol

Offline Sizacu

• Sentret Fan
  • hello everyone
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2013, 21:25 »
Omg Lit, I remember him! We used to be really close xD~ Been a while since we last talked, but eh.
Sprite rating topic! I remember feeling sad when i used to get low scores lol
I remember disliking that topic because people would just say '6/10 so-so (sprite)' and I wanted to know why I'd get a 5 or 6/10 haha.

Captivating Radiant Elegant Serene Seraphic Enchanting Lovely Immortal Adorable

Are you interested in spriting, or improving it?

Offline Clairefable

• worst jobby
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • abandon hope all ye who enter here
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2013, 21:53 »
bwahahaha oh man the couples fad was great. People pming each other "will u b mi gf/bf???" and I think there was even a thread at one point to pair people off?? Not the shipping thread though

Offline Sappy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2013, 22:14 »
Just a question.. actually.. Upaa and Sappy.. are you the same person or am I growing senile in age?

Honourable mentions for those who I haven't already mentioned in some form go out to SimonTogetic, Luci (all I remember about you I'm afraid is your love for Sonic & Ribena), Kendal (Internet Hate Machine), Brin (Midnight Apology), Emma the Espeon and Conor (Kilgannon, the one I associate C&C with). The rest of you.. you've probably been lost in about ten years worth of memories..

No, we're not the same person. I have no idea where Upaa is, but ever since I changed from Coolcrobat/Trainer Sapphire/Ledian to Sappy I've stuck this way. :L I think we had similar humor etc, but yeah all I remember is "he was 12 and loved wooper". I imagine he's a bit older by now...

Remember Emma, met her at an event. Marcofisher, anyone remember him? And Sean, I met him he's welsh got him on facebook.

Rob the name rater contest ended up, 4 finalists then eventually called off.
Slowly an old member..

Offline sylar

• Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2013, 22:33 »
didnt upaa date someone here for like a month then delete his account bc they broke up

dumb

the christians gave me
comic books as if i would
be scared of burning in hell
while i was already there

ᴛᴜᴍʙʟʀᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
ㅤㅤㅤ

Offline That Girl in the 'Roo Suit

• "You'll go far with your compassion. But unless you have the tenacity, you'll never make it to the top"
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • WE ROXOR U THEN U AM CRY
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2013, 23:28 »
Rob the name rater contest ended up, 4 finalists then eventually called off.

Might I add I was one of the four ;]

Also guys, might I turn your attention to the History Project board? ;] Anything you wanna add? Go for it... There's a lot of stuff on there, a lot of it building on things you've mentioned
-~-
Well did she make you cry? Make you break down?
Shatter your illusions of love?
And is it over now? Do you know how
To pick up the pieces and go home?
-~-

Offline Sappy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2013, 23:46 »
Might I add I was one of the four ;]

Also guys, might I turn your attention to the History Project board? ;] Anything you wanna add? Go for it... There's a lot of stuff on there, a lot of it building on things you've mentioned

Haha same, Utack and BY also I think..
Slowly an old member..

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2013, 00:14 »
BTW GUYS YOU FORGOT

THE WROTH

Did I make top four?  I recall being up there...

DawnatDusk.. I'm sure she was called Alice, I seem to remember her saying on a number of occassions that she was going to kill herself or something.. then we found her about a year later extremely active on another couple of boards.
She came back as some deaf girl (whose birthday was November 17th) who posted a picture at some point (although we should've looked past it - deaf girl that can supposedly sing well?  The hell?).  Then someone's like "she looks familiar", so Rex did a bit of snooping and found a picture of Dusk on Gaiaonline forums doing some makeup...  so then it turns out it was her.

Nobody believed for a second she killed herself.  The post that her friend posted was just so stupid lol then someone found Dusk on Gaiaonline and she said "I'm done with this place."

As for the rest of Rob's posts, how the hell do you remember all those names?  Granted I recognize those names - don't recognize much else but their avatar for many of them - but holy hell!

Hmm.  Chani.  I'm gonna hold my opinions to myself.  Should probably keep her updated on what I've been up to lately, though.

didnt upaa date someone here for like a month then delete his account bc they broke up
Now there's another dude I don't miss lol

FFFFFFFFFF
does anyone remember that time on IRC when we combined our names with pokemon
Kay dubbed me Shelloz i think.
That started with

THE WROTH

btw, and it went into my signature after I brainstormed names with other people.  MUHEDicham TyRANAtar, though i'm gonna be honest the first name is probably because someone didn't pronounce my name correctly LOL

I don't remember the rest at all.  :(
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 00:21 by Lord Raven »
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

MRxo

« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2013, 00:25 »
@ Inferna - I don't remember this =S
For the record vanity is a mask for self-consciousness ;;

@ Lottie - Do my drunken rants count? ;;
Actually I'd prefer no mention of me on the project now lol

Anyways massive s/o post; if you don't get mention I'm sorry

@ #suicunespad - You guys were absolutely fantastic, without you I doubt I would have fit into the site. Suicunerider, JSM, Inferna, Loz, TSOL, anyone else... you guys made me belong. Don't ever forget I love you for this. Sorry if I ever acted foolish to you guys because I owe you all my site happiness

@ Liam - I saw you as my little bro despite you actually being more mature than me. You're a real good guy, ignore the others and don't forget this. PM me too, I wanna keep in touch. S/o to Caution too (y)

@ Rich (LT) - You better read this. You're my main man on the site. Hope you realise this. No matter what... I'll have your back and I'll always wish you well. I've told you stuff I'd never tell anyone else and that's a testament to how much I respect you. If I ever meet you again I'll give you a bigger hug than before (y)

@ Rich (& Blaziken) - You are the model member; you always do right. I respect you to the max. Again, despite my problems, keep in touch. I wanna see how things are going =]

@ Kay - I miss 2010 when we were best friends. I told you everything... and I dunno, we just got on so well. I'm sorry for forcing you away. I feel like I didn't properly respect our friendship because I did love you as a sister. Sorry for that. Also delete your PMs so I can reply =]

@ Tim and Lottie - See above. We were the % gang lol. Sorry if I acted like a fool to you two. I respect your site endeavors to the max. Don't ever forget that. I miss our convos :/

@ Rob - Our friendship was definitely 'love hate'. You saw me as a younger you and I saw you as an older me. Hope I clarified things... I acted like I did because I had to. If I could I'd jump back to what I loved and everything would be great... I'm sorry that it can't. Hope you understand; I always did crave your respect.

@ Rex - Never change, you're the GOAT. Sorry for letting you down.

@ Muhed, Clairefable, Dan_Dan (if you ever read this) - I always respected the hell out of you. Sorry if I ever let you down.

@ People who left because of my modship - I understand why you left. I didn't realise at the time how much of a goon I was. I feel like even now I should apologise and make up for it (especially Lit and Dane - I'm not that much of a douche :/)

@ Jess (if you ever read this) - You were always another who I sought respect from but I always felt you didn't like me. Sorry if I acted like a fool to you.

@ xhanatos - I always felt like you targeted me. It isn't right. I understand why you wouldn't like me tbf but if this is the case then give me a break. If not then sorry. Either way... PM so we can clear the way. I've been through far too much to go through forum beef.

@ Milsap - I respect the hell out of you. You don't deserve the crap you used to get on here. I may disagree with you at times but yeah, I consider you part of the extended family. Also PM if needs be, I wanna keep in touch.

@ Jeroen - Don't ever tell me to earn site respect ever again. Offering me a promotion to get Kay back as admin wasn't fair and I wish I spoke up about it back then. Without that I wouldn't have resigned (sorry for lying about it back then but I didn't think it was a good idea creating more drama) and I wouldn't have any site animosity. That actually made me feel useless despite being a great mod. I earned my respect, don't think otherwise. I always felt like you never liked me; you never backed me (it seemed; sorry if admin discussions prove otherwise).

Despite this... I do respect the hell out of you. Personally feelings and my own faults won't cloud this respect. This is why I should of earned your respect because I went through a lot and flourished. My PMs and drunk posts weren't tantrums but more for site cries that I deserved... We all messed up. I just feel like I'm getting the most because I'm the easiest target.

@ Mike - I'm sorry. You should know why... I'm trying to rebuild bridges. Sorry if it's not enough

@ Webby - Again, sorry for being a crap brother

@ MOP - You are the nicest member atm; your posts always made me smile =]

@ Movemaster - You're my boy. We need to meet up. S/o to our fallen soldiers ;;
You'll always be my main man

@ IRC Crew - You were all so welcoming. I'm so thankful for that. Chandler, you're awesome as hell. Mitch, I'm so glad I got to meet you!

I feel like I'm forgetting people but I can't remember... Either way, I love you all to bits. Even if I forgot you in the post I still wanna give you a big ass hug.

EDIT: I forgot CS10 Alex and Piccolami Claire - You two are so awesome; much love =]

Sappy - You are the coolest kid in town

@ Mark - See what I said for Jess.

@ Turner - Always respected you. Wish I got to talk with you more.

The Wroth was awesome as hell!

RocketMember002 - never talked to you but thought you were cool!

S/o to Draghost and lukeylapras; you guys are dope like coke
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 01:22 by Gurren_Lagann »

Offline Sappy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2013, 00:29 »
#suicunespad

Ah that was an awesome moment, there was like only 8 active ones, but it was all pretty good.

Is IRC active at all now?
Slowly an old member..

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2013, 01:22 »
Whatever happened to Pokegame? Everyone was massively excited about it, making sprites and requesting to be trainers. I spent ages making crappy maps on some program ready for my custom game, while chatting on IRC. Good times.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2013, 01:28 »
Didn't the dude who made it quit in a flurry of rage?  Or am I thinking of something else?
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Sappy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2013, 02:14 »
Loving how IRC is amazingly active tonight.
Slowly an old member..

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2013, 09:36 »
ohmygod

Does anyone remember when that pika-empress or whatever her name was signed up and had like 1000 accounts, and whenever someone tried to whiteknight her 'IS THIS ANOTHER ONE OF HER ACCOUNTS OMG GO AWAY' or something. I don't think she even spelled her name right. Anyway I think one of her other accounts was like mew-misstress (probably also misspelled) and it was so obvious that they were the same person. Probably not as good as the homesttuck invasion, but still. She must have been a really bad troll..

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2013, 21:28 »
Webbz you're free to talk to me whenever, I'm just not always active on IRC and idle a lot.

Also...with your whole 'I think I annoyed _____' Well, I'm not gonna mince words; you probably did (Maybe you didn't, who knows). BUT one thing I will say is that this site has been around for a long while and a lot of members join(ed) when they are young (Hence the 3+ rule and stuff). There have been plenty of people who join as annoying kids, annoy everyone - leave for a little bit when they get shunned and then come back quietly and slightly embarrassed because they've grown up a bit. I'm pretty sure this happened to me (Minus the growing up part) and it does happen to a lot of members. You're not the first and you won't be the last.

Aaaanyway.

What happened to Brin anyway? And Akari...and Articuno. I also remember THE WROTH aka Sam. Yesss. What happened to Ray (TheRealOne), Kat, Everett, Branc, ClikC, Conor aka St Jimmy, Jasper and Spike?