Author Topic: Nostalgia Thread  (Read 68004 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Webby

• Don't come back up unless you're wearing a pussy moustache!
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
Re: Nostalgia Thread
« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2013, 23:50 »
I miss having the motivation/inclination to RP. I miss Monarchy, Hierarchy, that Johto thread where we all played the children of gym leaders, Black Poppy... so many warm, fuzzy memories.

"i hope you get niall bursting out of a tower cake singing "happy birthday mr president" and he's wearing a "miss america 2013" sash while giving you a 3 hour lapdance"

Offline Sebastian Moran

• ᕦ(ಠ益ಠ)ᕤ Tries too hard
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Fan
  • the pride of roast britain
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2013, 23:56 »
we should have some reboots of those sorts of things, just silly fun topics without taking things too seriously or worrying about ~being a good role player~. 
...im sure there are some like that there already haha, i just wary about joining bc theyre already midway through or just about stuff im not interested in/would feel out of place saying "hey there im join!". 

be humble,
for you are
made of earth.

be noble,
for you are
made of stars.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2013, 00:09 »
I liked the trainer card fad, they were very well made. I am also mind blown that Branc is a girl!

*casually ignoring drama while really reading it all*

YES! Exactly, I've seen Branc around and even talked to 'her' for years and had no clue she was a she until reading this thread. My mind has been blown too.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #108 on: March 17, 2013, 00:15 »
or at least I think Branc's a girl, I'm pretty sure she is
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2013, 02:34 »
I joined back in 2005 when Trainer Cards where massively popular. Pretty much the day I joined, I made a topic in the 'Say Hello' board, titled 'How do I make a trainer card?' LOL. The topic was moved to Sprite Fan Art, I learnt how to make trainer cards...and got into spriting. And I pretty much haven't stopped spriting since. :p

I remember first joining, and there being the likes of Egg Knight, Venuasuar Tamer, Lickitung... PsyKoViggy, 16bit, Veyka, Chani, Aeden/SCM...

Then there were forum and site fads...William's question monkey, y r girls so hot?, Laguna vs Cloud, oh u have 2 bidoofs, SMGvsPBR, AS|username, puk in MD, Pokemon Cards, Interviews, Milestone Topics, Karma, November Awards, PokeApprentice... -major nostalgia slap- I'm sure more will come to me.

(Also, I think people should give Webbz a break. At the end of the day, what's happened has happened. Everybody's not going to get on with everyone. This thread is meant to be about positive memories!  ^.^)
Yes.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2013, 04:16 »
Does anyone remember currpot?  Something to that extent.  I remember bringing up the inside joke and Barnaby yelled at me and said "Are you assuming that we are arbitrary about how we make decisions?" and I was like "chill bro its a joke"
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline SpinnelSun

• This isn't wonderland anymore, Alice.
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
    • facebook.
« Reply #111 on: March 17, 2013, 07:21 »
Oh god, i remember putting AS| in my name just because i wanted to copy everyone else, i was like, 12 or 13 at the time and I had no idea what it meant (I don't actually have AS), and I think it was Rex messaged me asking if I had it and I got so scared that I was going to get banned from the site so I lied and said I did hahaha.

I remember the Muuma army, mine was called Buttercup and had a bow on the top of her head. I was most active in the Roleplaying section with Dragonpika, Hazy_Aurora and Jess and others. Adventures of the Moon and Sun anyone?

Oh goddddddddd, some of these old members usernames. Dan_Dan, Venuasaur_tamer, 16bit, Eggknight, Gardevoir_Goddess, PsyKoViggy, Lusewing, EmeraldMilotic etc... What about that couple that met on here or something, Articuno and lugia? Which reminds me of that topic/phase everyone of the site was dating.

I used to get so angry in those "pokemon crew" topics because another user had always taken the pokemon I used to want. And every 30 seconds there would have been a new post in the "rate the signature above you" thread.

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 17, 2013, 10:14 »
A lot of these names that have been mentioned I remember, some of them more fondly than others. I don't think I was on IRC early enough to be able to have talked to a lot of them, but I remember a lot of the names mentioned from the forums from around 2005~2006.

Offline Dragonpika

• Call me Kay~
  • Elite Four Member
  • Sentret Fan
  • blub!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 17, 2013, 11:15 »
I was most active in the Roleplaying section with Dragonpika, Hazy_Aurora and Jess and others. Adventures of the Moon and Sun anyone?

[. . .] EmeraldMilotic [. . .]

EM's still here! He's even posted twice on this page ^^ he's Sebastian Moran now. I still prefer Crimson Soldier Caterpillar as a name though :3

And yesss I spent so much of my life RPing with you, Hazy, Jess, Kit, Mightyenapup and her boyfriend (what was his username?! He was called Nick iirc), Cerebral Espeon and the others! I was never in AotMaS but I was in Children of the Sun. Search for Paradise and Alley Catz were other fairly big ones I was involved with, and one you made called.. Creatures of the Night? Something like that. It was all such silly wonderful fun but man did it help my writing skills! I used to sneak downstairs every night when I was 14/15 to talk to you guys instead of sleeping xD

Egg Knight, too, that's a blast from the past. We "went out" for a few months iirc, he was.. a character.

Aw man I used to love the IRC quizzes too. They were fun ^^

wake up, kids
    we've got the dreamers disease

Offline Enigma

• Here to train for the Kanto League 8]
  • Elite Four Member
  • Joeno Fan
  • Back for a bit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 17, 2013, 12:47 »
[quote[Egg Knight, too, that's a blast from the past. We "went out" for a few months iirc, he was.. a character.[/quote]

Would you say he was a...joker?

This topic is loverly - I love the feeling of nostalgia so much.

It's weird, but I still feel like I'm part of the "current" generation. I don't recognise a lot of these names, and I still feel like the youngest one in the group, somehow xD

I've got loads of good memories on this site; ironically, the drama forms a lot of the best times, not because I just BATHE in dramallama fat, but simply because it's nice to look back at how things were, and how things are now. A lot of my friendships are stronger for having started out in a rocky way, I feel.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 17, 2013, 15:14 »
Oh wow Chani and Egg_Knight, I totally forgot about those. Anyone remember Raph?

I remember COMMUNISM too, also he's not really an old member but Bloatedfish AKA Mitch I haven't seen in a while, I'm pretty sure he's at Uni.

Also, does anyone remember the endless stream of 'interview' topics?

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://pkmn.net/forums/index.php?board=12.0

There's sooo much stuff in the archives, everyone seriously needs to look at this.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 16:05 by Turner »

Offline Del

• yo
  • Typhlosion Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2013, 16:32 »
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://pkmn.net/forums/index.php?board=12.0

There's sooo much stuff in the archives, everyone seriously needs to look at this.

holy wow, the forum used to look so unappealing back in 06. So many topics and people I recognise though. It's making me feel old again.

just going through the snapshots of the main forum page is great, seeing who's online at the time is hella nostalgic.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 16:42 by TidesOfDel »
My mom bought me this new laptop and it gets really hot when the chat is being spammed. Now my leg is starting to hurt because it is getting so hot. Please, if you don't want me to get burned, then don't spam the chat.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 17, 2013, 16:57 »
That time machine thingy is amazing. I've spent the last few minutes looking at my old posts and just generally snooping around. I must've been such a pain back then. :police:

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #118 on: March 17, 2013, 17:00 »
according to the internet archive I've had the username Shaymin since at LEAST late 2008. holy dooley :l

also i'm embarrassed at all the profiles I used to have god

Offline Webby

• Don't come back up unless you're wearing a pussy moustache!
  • Name Rater Hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 17, 2013, 17:23 »
I-I
The toaster Swinub
dksfjsljfldksjkls MARK THE TOASTER SWINUB
"I'll ping for you anyday. ;P"
And Huntail! at the Disco
In April 2010 I had Tosh eating toast as my sig. And I lived in Zebby's shoebox, so that must have been during the days of Aywas.

skfsjdfjlkfskljjfsklj
Quote from: Sylar
    if i want to smack my child i'll smack my child
    if i want to chase a fox i'll chase a fox
    if i want to smack my child with a fox i'll bloody well do it!

Oh. My. God. I KNEW my username used to be Embreon... my custom title was "Final Fantasy Prophet"
"I love my Eeveelution friends!
Final Fantasy... it powers my Eeveelutions with element magics!"
That was me in 2006. Wooooow.

In mid 2007 I was DrownedWebby. My avatar text was "Cannot wait... Death shall soon come."

Then I was Webby - Aipom Lover in 2008. And my avatar was a mix made by Sherrin, sooo this must have been after our little tiff.

... I went from 122 posts in February of 2008 to 3004 in December of 2008. WOOOOW.

"i hope you get niall bursting out of a tower cake singing "happy birthday mr president" and he's wearing a "miss america 2013" sash while giving you a 3 hour lapdance"