Author Topic: Nostalgia Thread  (Read 67980 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
Re: Nostalgia Thread
« Reply #255 on: July 29, 2013, 22:15 »
Registered 13th December 2002 because my brother told me it was cool. I was six so he did it for me lol.

I'm 17 now and applying to uni this year. Time flies, huh? :police:

--

I don't remember much about the forums back in time, I wasn't around that much and when I was it was just wee posts here and there.

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 29, 2013, 22:17 »
T'was a warm afternoon in the mid-summer of 2005, when a wee lad of 13 fell upon the land of PKMN.net, while looking for a Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire walkthrough. :3
Yes.

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #257 on: July 29, 2013, 22:29 »
Made my first account in 04/05 iirc after seeing an ad in pokemon world. I felt so rebellious! i always had to ask about making accounts, only thing i did then was neopets/gridclub. My parents didn't even know til i met Loz in 09 bahaha.
This account will be 2 years old soon, last one lasted from 07/11 so i've been here 6 years wow

Offline f3raligatr

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 29, 2013, 22:34 »
If we're comparing when we first joined.. I'm such a n00b with March 22, 2003, 19:43.

So over ten years.. christ on a bike..
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 22:45 by f3raligatr »

09-07-2013 & 12-08-2013
beyond the suffering you've known
i hope you find your way
may you never be broken again

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 29, 2013, 22:45 »
I'm another September 04. I don't think I started using the name Turner until activity started to drop, and before then I was only known as ~John~ so I never really had anything memorable for people to remember.

I didn't join in 2003 but I remember reading about Pokemon Advanced in a magazine and seeing people here and other places talking about it, I always used to think registering for a forum was something you had to pay for. I think PKMN.CO.UK was one of the first places I noticed 'Register for free' and that was that. It was definitely my first forum I ever joined.

We're totally going to get to a point (if we haven't already) where some of us were posting here before some of the younger posters were even conceived. That's pretty crazy.

If anyone is looking for a reunion of sorts...well, it's the meet-up next Saturday...

I don't bother with Facebook so I guess the social aspect of this site ran past me when everyone started joining there instead. It's been a humbling experience going from activity, drama, laughs and fun on IRC and the forums to discussing stuff like X/Y with a small handful of regulars. I think sometime in around 2007 we did reach a stage when there were a lot of non-Pokemon fans joining for RPs so I guess this is an extreme return to the roots of sorts.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 29, 2013, 23:06 »
I've been here for a little over 2 years, July 11, 2011
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline arcanines

• rachel
  • Iceduck Fan
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #261 on: July 29, 2013, 23:25 »
it seems like a lot of people found this site when r/s came out!

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #262 on: July 29, 2013, 23:50 »
The place was started in like late 2001...  which is around the time RS came out in Japan (or when we were getting news).  I joined in February around the FRLG hype, and RS was still pretty fresh.  Emerald came out a year later.
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Latias Tamer

• WOCNWORBWONWO
  • 1337 Donator
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 30, 2013, 00:05 »
Yeah, see I first found out about the site in Pokemon World Magazine around 03/04 when RS was first out, but only visited the main site for the help guide. Didn't register and go on the forums till a year or so later, after wanting to know how to make Trainer Cards.
Yes.

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 30, 2013, 00:28 »
Though I registered in 2005, for some odd reason I found the site in '04 and only read the front page news for like a year because forums intimidated me. So in terms of my account, I've just passed 8 years. I've met so many amazing people here, and this place is directly responsible for so many of the life-changing events that have steered me into being a better, happier person.

The days of 3rd generation news, man. Stuff was magical back then.
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 30, 2013, 02:07 »
I joined a few months after Black and White came out, and I didn't instantly take to the forums, after a while I bit the bullet and got into the forums, glad I did, you guys give such great advice.

Offline The biscquiat dragon

• Kris
  • Rex Fan
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #266 on: July 31, 2013, 02:01 »
I was from 2005 at best. I was an incredibly vapid 11 year old child who turned into a 12 year old of the same sort. It was far later in the year, around June or July, and I immediately started posting. My birthday was two months later.

I took long breaks from PKMN.net in between then and now due to spamming and such reasons, and so I missed my chance to meet a lot of you, or get to know you very well. I'm sure Rachel can relate.

There is one name who I don't expect to see around here. Cody, Hinoarashi Freak, loved hershey chocolate. The I last spoke to him was in 2010 where he expressed drifting too far from the forum scene, and that was that.
Mightyenapup, if she's here, would remember him. Mike would remember him.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 02:11 by Whimse »

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #267 on: July 31, 2013, 02:28 »
Mightyenapup is on fb and I remember talking to her like a year ago

she's doing well i think
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 31, 2013, 02:43 »
I think a big reason as to why people go and stay gone is because they're embarrassed to come back. I've seen way too many people 'return' to PKMN.NET saying stuff like "omg everyone hated me I was so awful hopefully you've all forgiven me now" and they kind of awkwardly try to post but you can tell they're still apprehensive because of some drama that went down in 2007 or something.

I think it's safe to say that pretty much everything is water under the bridge at this point, most people join PKMN.NET when they are young and thus act kind of ridiculous and get caught up in some kind of drama. I think everyone should just forget about it and turn over a new leaf.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 31, 2013, 03:10 »
Turner, you're right, everyone should just act like it never happened.