Author Topic: Nostalgia Thread  (Read 67908 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
Re: Nostalgia Thread
« Reply #345 on: June 27, 2014, 19:15 »
oh my god its dan
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline q.c.™

• Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another.
  • Sentret Fan
  • Hi, I'm Marcus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 27, 2014, 21:14 »
I still have every sprite I made, and the ones people made for me. they're all in a big image I had saved in MS Paint.

This site got me obsessed with spriting I even started making emotes on dA for a while.

Offline Danatales

• Demon Queen
  • Rex Fan
  • [miscellaneous grumbling]
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 27, 2014, 22:10 »
good god this topic is giving me so many memories

I just checked on my old account and I joined this site originally in 2006. This site saw the entirety of my middle school years and that is baffling and terrifying to me.
the years of laironlover77 were such a weird time but it was really fun though omg

I'm glad people remember my comics in a positive light! They were fun to do but I just. Stopped after a while because they were really time consuming. I can't believe I did like over a hundred of them. think I only have about 3 or 4 of them still saved on our home desktop because I deleted a bunch of them like as soon as I'd finished them because I was like 13 and really dumb and was like 'i WONT NEED TO SAVE THESE THE INTERNET HAS THEM NOW'
I remember winning the Spriter Award for Best Sprite Comic one year I was so proud
And now my current signature is a homage to my old characters. Dana and Hibiscus liv on i nthe hearts of us all.
I have kind of wanted to maybe draw a comic about them. A lil oneshot throwback. hmmm

christ I remember when the RP board was like crazy busy. That one Thauxan Rebels or whatever was like one of the crown jewels of an actually finished RP. I wonder what ever happened to Faryl?? i thin kthat was her name I lost contact with her years ago
GOD I REMEMBER THE BIG CROSSOVER RP TOO I rped as Superjail characters that RP was 2008 me to the extreme
I remember finishing one RP I started, The Treasure of Exploration. That was great feeling. :,U

sometimes i still look at the like 6 or so metasprites I did and smile I'm proud of those.

Then in like 2011 we had a power outage and I got logged out of my account and couldn't retrieve my password so I basically. Lost laironlover77 forever. Then I made this account and dropped off the face of the forums for like three years
Then finally popped back in in like the middle of January.

It's still really nice to see a lot of my old forum friends are still here! ;u; But damn my heyday was a wild time long live like 2007-2009.

Offline Just Briana

• Rex Fan
  • A girl who grew up on this website ♡
    • View Profile
    • youtube
« Reply #348 on: July 01, 2014, 18:53 »
Holy moly I remember laironlover77! I think we might be the same age? I don't quite remember.... But I do miss the old times, maaan. When Lupe, Alvin, Jose, Bonnie, Ayla, and Emily were on alot. Those were probably the few people who tolerated my young and naive attitude. I also remember Nalty, Veyka, Mik and Chandler because of IRC.... I really grew up on this site ^.^

Its madness for sheep to talk peace with a wolf.

Offline Wrath of Zuruggu

• Sentret Fan
  • Flailing with arrogance since 1990
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART account
« Reply #349 on: July 03, 2014, 18:53 »
How funny, I just got a Dan Dan card on the site card game (yes, I still play that).

omg, I'd forgotten about those! The DanDan card was by me, lol. I spent soooo long drawing some of them xD I was sure you used to be able to trade them but I can't figure out how now? :P

Oh and hey, only because I was looking through my cards - anyone remember the "Big Book of Joeno"? : D

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 05, 2014, 17:17 »
I do the cards and the crazy thing is I have yet to get a Jigglypuff but I have 3 Wigglytuff, 3 Mr Fuji, and at least 7 Insanely Rare cards WHICH I offer to people to trade just for one Jigglypuff and they never five it to me. I mean I'm offering a freaking MEW for a common card and people DECLINE my more than generous offer? I'm literally settling for what is supposed to be a common card here. And I just got TWO MORE Typhlosion! WHERE'S MY JIGGLYPUFF?!!!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 17:23 by Captain Jigglypuff »
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 05, 2014, 18:37 »
I do the cards and the crazy thing is I have yet to get a Jigglypuff but I have 3 Wigglytuff, 3 Mr Fuji, and at least 7 Insanely Rare cards WHICH I offer to people to trade just for one Jigglypuff and they never five it to me. I mean I'm offering a freaking MEW for a common card and people DECLINE my more than generous offer? I'm literally settling for what is supposed to be a common card here. And I just got TWO MORE Typhlosion! WHERE'S MY JIGGLYPUFF?!!!

Some of the Typhlosion you got were the site moderator card, not the insanely rare Pokemon card. If I ever get a second Jigglypuff, it'll be yours. I'm only missing 8 Pokemon cards (Gengar, Moltres, Hitmonchan are the only ones I can recall), but Jigglypuff does seem to be somewhat rare for a common card.
Discord - richardblaziken

pawg who pogs

« Reply #352 on: December 09, 2020, 04:57 »
she’s turned the weans against us

Offline sans the skeleton

• they/them pronouns please
  • Joeno Fan
  • super meme trash
    • View Profile
    • Subeta
« Reply #353 on: January 21, 2021, 22:55 »
i got in touch with pika-empress who is still insisting her sister/dog/whatever did 'it'
whatever 'it' is

ive created a monster
official forum cryptid

Offline Shaymin

• top hater™ [TARGET ACQUIRED]
  • Name Rater Hater
  • ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ ye
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #354 on: February 10, 2021, 21:20 »
god was i that cringe in 2013??? disgusting

i wish i could remember stuff but codeine destroyed my brain

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 09, 2021, 13:24 »
I remember when this site was more active and the news section was updated on a regular basis. And the Caption Contest was still a thing and the Nicknames were rated every month or so....
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline nalty.

• Typhlosion Fan
  • :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: April 01, 2021, 18:16 »
The official Pokemon social media accounts going Bidoof mad reminded me of "Oh u hav 2 bidoofs", so that was nice.

Offline Just Briana

• Rex Fan
  • A girl who grew up on this website ♡
    • View Profile
    • youtube
« Reply #357 on: April 08, 2021, 04:05 »
nalty??? Omg I remember you from wayyyyy back in like 2009 was it? Lol (my name is Briana, doubt you’ll remember me! I loved this site. Hi everyone! If you happen to remember me please direct message me! I would love to reconnect

Its madness for sheep to talk peace with a wolf.

Offline Gusparce

• Dunsparce
  • Joeno Fan
  • I'm not your average worm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 25, 2021, 08:21 »
This website is very nostalgic for me, used to get on here all the time. I wonder if anyone remembers me? Are you still here Roxxy? Haha, good times.

Offline ArchStanton

• Space Cowboy
  • Pokemon Fan
  • You're gonna carry that weight.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 25, 2021, 18:50 »
I'm actually brand new here. Name's Andrew, how are y'all? I just made my account today, but I've observed this site from afar for years. I regret that I was never a part of this community while it was in its prime. That said, though, I still have a level of nostalgia for this place despite never properly being a part of it. Browsing the cool sprites and funny Name Rater roasts posted here is something I've done for a long time. Seeing all of you strangers reminisce about the good ol' days is bringing tears to my eyes. Reminds me of sites I used to frequent, and all the old friends I met on those. Despite being an outsider, I can tell this place is a real treasure.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 18:53 by ArchStanton »
Cowboy Bebop isn't even my favorite anime, I just think this image of Spike wearing a cowboy hat really resonates with me.