Author Topic: What are you writing right now?  (Read 4431 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline The name master

• The name rater's rival!
  • Joeno Fan
  • I rate your nicknames (unofficially)
    • View Profile
What are you writing right now?
« on: February 25, 2017, 13:00 »
Are you writing anything? A story? Fanfic?

I'm writing a short story where the villian has a bet that he can be nice for a day. If he fails, he has to pay £10M! This includes all his robots and his worst enemy!

Also writing a long story where a robot with AI goes around killing everyone and the villian and hero have to work together to stop it.
Thanks to Inferna for one of the many reasons why I love Dragonite!

Offline The Hooded Trainer

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
Re: What are you writing right now?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 13:41 »
Currently writing a fantasy novel. Funnily enough I just finished the 2nd draft earlier today, so ill probably go back to one of my fanfics for a week or so before starting the next draft.

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 13:55 »
Well, after finishing my story with the AI robot, I've got to do another story, then I'm going to do a story based on Wario Land 4! It'll be the first time I'll have an anti hero!

Offline not chloe

• Mulholland Fan
  • never more than 3 hours away from public meltdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 18:27 »
Today it's a bit of collaborative concept flash fiction about what would happen if gravity suddenly stopped working. A lot of fun to write and a great imaginative exercise.

Tomorrow I'll be working on ideas for my novel writing module
Credit to Inferna for the teacup Chatot
surPrISE

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 13:29 »
Dragonite accidentally destroys an entire town with her huge ass (yep, you read right!) and decides to go on a diet along with her friends. They have a competition to see who loses the most weight. They have to eat a ton of Muk to lose any weight! But it tastes yucky!

And yes, I mean this Muk!

Spoiler: show

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 14:48 »
Decided to try and write a new project (sort of, its actually a redo of a project so old and terrible that the new version will probably have very little resemblance to the original). Unfortunately i had an 8 hour shift last night and im still tired from it, so the storys coming along pretty slowly. Hopefully my writing will have picked back up by tomorrow.

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 15:29 »
here's my latest story

Any thoughts/comments/reviews? I don't get any on the site (which sucks!)

Offline Cody999

• That one guy.
  • Rex Fan
  • Hey need to heal you pokemon? Well Gary oak--NO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 22:02 »
Very slowly writing a fantasy book. I keep getting sidetracked by non-relevant characters and plot points. Also I gave a draft to a friend who made me think that there might be some negative implications of the group of (Mainly) villains in the story who have black armour and most of them have blonde hair and blue eyes. I didn't think anything of it until my friend brought it up and now I don't know if I should change it or not.
Sup ~ I RP and stuff.
Also called Cody on err... pretty much everything.
When I play Pokemon I follow my personal Rule: I can only use Each Pokemon once across all games that I can transfer Pokemon across. I have used 108 different Pokemon I think.

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 01:13 »
^I dont know if those are bad implications, per say. Making the villains nazis is a pretty common trope, tbh. I mean, thats essentially what the baddies in star wars were. If anything, the blonde hair and blue eyes thing is maybe just a bit too overt? It probably doesnt matter too much, but if its really bothering you then it wouldnt be a difficult change.

Also, i had the same problem with the plot point thing in my first draft. My advice would be to power through, get the book written, and then fix it in the editing. I literally cut out two huge sections, slicing my wordcount from 180k to about 110k. As for the non-relevant characters... if you keep writing about them, maybe theyre not that irrelevant? If you get to the end and they really are, cut them out, but theres a good chance youll find theyre more important than you think.

Or you can just disregard all that advice because ive literally only written two books, both of which are in fairness probably terrible. Idk.

Offline Cody999

• That one guy.
  • Rex Fan
  • Hey need to heal you pokemon? Well Gary oak--NO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2017, 01:00 »
I'll keep them as they are mainly because I can't imagine the characters in that group looking any different. (I love character and world building, it's my favourite part of writing. I've designed lots of characters and worlds that I never really intend to write about, just because it's a fun process.)
Sup ~ I RP and stuff.
Also called Cody on err... pretty much everything.
When I play Pokemon I follow my personal Rule: I can only use Each Pokemon once across all games that I can transfer Pokemon across. I have used 108 different Pokemon I think.

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2017, 01:19 »
Its funny, but i really only like character building. I just dont think i have the knack for world building. I can create interesting places and set-pieces, but when i look at my work, theyre all pretty disjointed. Then again, ive never really enjoyed reading about worlds either, especially when the book goes into proper deep levels of detail. I usually end up thinking, thats fine and all, but can we get back to the people?

I dunno, thats probably pretty weird since im writing a fantasy novel, and i know world buildings a pretty huge part of that. Hopefully once the books fully finished itll come across as a stylistic decision and not a major glaring flaw.

Offline kindtocrows

• tired wizard
  • Mulholland Fan
  • ask your local askljdlaskjd
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2017, 02:29 »
Right now... do roleplays count? Got a lot of those.
Also have some fanfics I've been slowly working on. Most of them are 'what if this happened in a way that would affect this character more? What would those effects be and how would it change the story/character?' kinda fanfics. I love character exploration.
When it comes down to it, the difference between healing and necromancy is timing.

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2017, 12:27 »
I know I've already written it, but I'm going to animate this writing at some point and it's going to have a song and all the Pokémon dance. And since one of the Pokémon is Porygon2 (It has no arms) I had to use the only dance I know (and the easiest to animate) that uses only the legs....

Spoiler: show

THE CAN CAN!!!! >.<

EDIT: Here's the story
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 12:32 by The name master »

• Mulholland Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2017, 12:36 »
Other project isnt working out, think im just going to read over my novel once more and then go back to working on it because theres really nothing else i feel like writing atm.

Offline The name master

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2017, 12:39 »
Uggghhhhh...... I've got start thinking of ideas for my next story....  :(

So far:

Nidorino dies in the previous story and Sandshrew becomes the villain.

Sandshrew tricks Kangaskhan (Nidorina's mum) into thinking that Mudkip is bad.

There's a Sandshrew shaped robot.

Sandshrew is trying to catch all pokemon in pokeballs.

Any ideas anyone? I can link you to the other stories if you need them.....