Misc > Gaming

Favorite Game. Ever.

(1/7) > >>

Mr. Apple:
This is like picking your favorite child. Its something you don't reall y want to do, but you do it anyway. Kinda self explanitory. What is your favorite game, whether it be pokemon, zelda, , Mario,  call of duty, ANYTHING.
Mine would have to be either Pokemon Blue Rescue team, or sapphire. (I realise I picked 2 pokemon games, which is kinda lame, but whatever)

Whats yours??

lugia95:
Don't make me choose! It's too painful.

But if I have to (which I don't) I'd probably say Pokemon Sapphire, purely for the nostalgia value. However, the original Ace Attorney comes in a close second.

Goshdarned Sillyface:
it's a tie between pokemon soul silver, team fortress 2 or portal
but of course we all like pokemon here :u

Lord Raven:
Fire Emblem:  Path of Radiance

The only FE game that i've had the patience to beat like 13+ times over.  Everything about this game is beautiful except the gameplay is a little bit too broken...

EDIT:  Let me put things in perspective.  Compare this to other FE games.

a) the lord is of nobility.  Ike isn't.
b) the lord is generally polite and diplomatic.  Ike has been nothing but blunt towards nobles he's disagreed with.
c) the lord is universally respected by his allies.  Ike has people like Shinon and Gatrie, that up and left as soon as he took command, and people who only fought with him because he was up against "sub-humans."
d) the lord is incredibly sheltered, seeing as he is nothing but a common mercenary.
e) the lord's personal weapon is given to him due to birthright.  Ike has Ragnell...  which is one of Altina's swords...  and Altina is Sanaki's ancestor, not at all Ike's.  Ike has no holy lineage at all; the closest he has is Greil being a former Rider of Daein.
f) most of the big bads either have some sort of occultish religion or genuinely believed what they were doing was right.  Ashnard does not care for anything but power, and will gladly die so long as those with power are in rule.
g) Genocide and Racism, for the first time, is probably one the biggest plot themes in this game.
h) The most important part of this whole thing is no single character feels tacked on.  Every single person you have recruited has a reason to fight in this war, and has an emotional backstory involved with what they do.  Many do it out of devotion to their lord, others wish to support their family, others do it for social justice, some are in it for money, and there's only one or two characters I can list which have very little business being there (Mia and Ilyana off the top of my head).  Almost everyone has some sort of backstory or redeeming feature about them which keeps you wishing you can use everyone on every single map.  There is not a single character I do not hate, and even characters like Mia and Ilyana, as one-dimensional as they are, can be endearing.
i) Screw h), the most important part is the plot is fantastically written unlike other FE games, and despite cheesy voice acting the emotion in many of the written lines is phenomenal.
It doesn't matter what our blood ties are.  We are family.
The pain and sadness is in you, Brother. It clouds your very soul. To see you like this, to watch you. It hurts me. Please...do not lose yourself to hate
All of Chapter 17 (all four parts) were actually amazing, and it all had a conclusion in this.
I love the final chapter's title - Repatriation.
And finally, Life Returns.  One of the most beautiful credits songs I have heard in my life.

Richard and Blaziken:
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time. Many, many reasons, but nostalgia and it coming at a time of my life where I had never experienced any game like it laid the foundation for my love for this game. I've finished it countless times, and will finish it several dozen more before I die, I'm sure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version