Misc > Gaming

The Nintendo 2DS

(1/5) > >>

Turner:
The Nintendo 2DS has been announced. Yes you heard that correctly.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/53839/nintendo-2ds-hands-on-impressions-release-date-price/

The 2DS is a budget version of the 3DS, with an unfold-able design, no 3D toggle and a single Mono speaker. It is aimed at budget buyers and children but otherwise retains all the functionality of the 3DS.

It is wedge shaped, the top half as thick as a folded 3DS and the bottom half as thin as an unfolded 3DS. It is as wide as an unfolded 3DS, it may fit into large pockets but will mainly be more suitable to bags.

It will be released on the 12th of October 2013 (Same day as Pokemon X/Y's release) and has an RRP of $129.99 in North America and £109.99 in the UK

quack98:
I don't think this launch will go very well, myself. A quick search on amazon, and you can get a 3DS for £134.99, so I can't imagine a lot of people will not spend the extra £25 to get an unfoldable screen and 3D. That's just what I think, of course, but I'm sure most people would like to have the familiar folding mechanism and 3D to £25.

Anyway, onto the actual console, I think it looks hideous. It's like someone at Ninteno decided to split the iPads screen and add buttons...

Stmacl:
I can kind of see where they're going with it. Since it has somewhat of the appearance of a tablet and younger children seem to like tablets for playing games for whatever reason. But what I can't get it why they felt the need to remove the 3D function! Sure it's cheaper to make, but when you make such an innovation such as 3D, and market everything with that innovation, it seems to be an illogical step BACKWARDS!

Also... how do you streetpass with that thing?

Angelic Lapras King:

--- Quote from: ディック on August 29, 2013, 15:59 ---I don't think this launch will go very well, myself. A quick search on amazon, and you can get a 3DS for £134.99, so I can't imagine a lot of people will not spend the extra £25 to get an unfoldable screen and 3D. That's just what I think, of course, but I'm sure most people would like to have the familiar folding mechanism and 3D to £25.

Anyway, onto the actual console, I think it looks hideous. It's like someone at Ninteno decided to split the iPads screen and add buttons...

--- End quote ---
Game have it listed for £109.99. And it's actually 1 screen divided into two hence why you cannot fold it (Cost cutting measures, etc.)

quack98:

--- Quote from: Angelic Lapras King on August 29, 2013, 16:28 ---Game have it listed for £109.99. And it's actually 1 screen divided into two hence why you cannot fold it (Cost cutting measures, etc.)

--- End quote ---

I was saying that the 3ds can be bought for £134.99, which is £25 more than £109.99, the cost of this  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version