Author Topic: Magikarp's Awesomeness  (Read 8503 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Aggron is awesome

• I WUV AGGRON!!!!!!
  • Rex Fan
  • Don't you wuv Aggron???
    • View Profile
Re: Magikarp's Awesomeness
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2011, 17:55 »
So many trolls here.  D:

The only way magikarp is powerful is by the Smeargle and Ninjask cheat.  =/
This pokemon sucks. Feebas is better~
Have you ever heard of magikarps evolution gyarados? Have you ever seen gyarados's amazing speed and attack? Magikarp will own feebas evan before it evolves into gyarados its so awesome!!! SPLASH! Your feebas is dead
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline Specstile

• The Hoenn and Grass type fanatic!
  • Poképprentice Runner-up
  • Sentret Fan
  • Come At Me Bro
    • View Profile
    • FaceBook, only addy if i know you D:
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2011, 22:34 »
magikarp is not magic but gyarados does have the looks to be badass.

Y FC:0344-9270-9498

Offline Alphochio

• Sowoneul Malhaebwa~ ;)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Don't like legendaries so I release them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 23:40 »
Go think about what you've just said!! D:

There is nothing to think about.  o.o
Its a fish with nothing but splashs when its scared and when it gets angry it tackles. Flails when its in danger, bounces when its happy. =/
Feebas on the other hand is able to do many things.

Have you ever heard of magikarps evolution gyarados? Have you ever seen gyarados's amazing speed and attack? Magikarp will own feebas evan before it evolves into gyarados its so awesome!!! SPLASH! Your feebas is dead

Its really sad.
Yay Magikarp is awesome cause of its evolution... really?
What about "Magikarp" itself. No evolution, no Dragon Dance, none of that crap. Is it really awesome?

All I read from you guys was yay its cool cause it evolves into this big mouthed monster with awesome attack and speed.  ¬_____¬

Offline Pretty Awesome

• [citation needed]
  • Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2011, 07:23 »
This pokemon sucks. Feebas is better~

Its a fish with nothing but splashs when its scared and when it gets angry it tackles. Flails when its in danger, bounces when its happy. =/

Get out.

The only way magikarp is powerful is by the Smeargle and Ninjask cheat.  =/

The Smeargle + Ninjask "cheat" is one of the great features of Magikarp. Deal with it.

Offline Awkward Squirtle

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2011, 12:46 »
Next, it has the amazing power of flail bouncing. It can probably leap over a one-story building with its combination of feral struggles and pure muscle strength. One powerful twitch of the body can send it flying. This is how the Magikarp made it to places like Sinnoh, Hoenn, and Unova. Their intelligent brains figured that it would be easier to avoid underwater predators by simply hitchhiking. They can also survive forever on land, seeing this in the drained Lake Valor in Sinnoh.
Pfft, a one story building? Legend has it that Magikarp can leap over mountains given a long enough lifespan. Magikarp ftw.

• I WUV AGGRON!!!!!!
  • Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2011, 15:10 »

Its really sad.
Yay Magikarp is awesome cause of its evolution... really?
What about "Magikarp" itself. No evolution, no Dragon Dance, none of that crap. Is it really awesome?

All I read from you guys was yay its cool cause it evolves into this big mouthed monster with awesome attack and speed.  ¬_____¬
actually feebas learns the exact same moves as magikarp except magikarp is better, and yes, it is awesome so get out of here you feebas lover and go make a thread about feebas if you like him so much, this is a magikarp thread so get lost

Offline Alphochio

• Sowoneul Malhaebwa~ ;)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Don't like legendaries so I release them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2011, 15:29 »
actually feebas learns the exact same moves as magikarp except magikarp is better

OMG NO WAI !!
Because last time I checked Feebas had Ice Beam when being born.  o.o

Anyways I'm out cause I don't like these kind of conversation, I just wanted to post my opinion even if the OP didn't want some kind of post like this.  <3
Also the OP should change the title since all the post are about Magikarp's evolution and not Magikarp.  o.o

Bye bye~

Offline TCoZ

• Resident Lurker
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2011, 18:13 »
I have to agree with Alpochio here. Magikarp is pretty bad and Feebas is very slightly better. Let's compare:

-Stats: Magikarp and Feebas's base stats are very similar: Magikarp's are 20/10/55/15/20/80, and Feebas has the same, apart from attack and special attack are swapped and defence and special defence are swapped. Magikarp has no moves to abuse its higher special attack from, and electric and grass moves are usually special, so Feebas's higher special defence is slightly more useful, although, neither can really take a hit.

-Abilities: Both get Swift Swim, but in the DW Magikarp gets Rattled, and Feebas gets Adaptability. Rattled only activates after Magikarp takes a hit and bug, ghost and dark moves aren't too common. It could abuse this by switching into a bug, ghost and dark move, using a focus sash to survive and attacking with flail, but that requires no entry hazards and flail doesn't hit ghosts, which are the main users of ghost moves. With base 10 attack, it's not going to be doing much damage anyway. Adaptability gives Feebas double power water moves. Again, it's not going to be doing much with such low attack and special attack, but it's useful in more situations.

-Movepool: Magikarp only gets Splash, Tackle, Flail and Bounce. On the other hand, Feebas gets Splash, Tackle, Flail, a bunch of egg moves, a few tutor moves and a few TMs. Although feebas's movepool would be considered small compared to a lot of pokémon, it's much larger than Magikarp's.

Magikarp looks cooler though, so I guess it gets that.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 18:22 by TCoZ »

• I WUV AGGRON!!!!!!
  • Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2011, 18:06 »
I have to agree with Alpochio here. Magikarp is pretty bad and Feebas is very slightly better. Let's compare:

-Stats: Magikarp and Feebas's base stats are very similar: Magikarp's are 20/10/55/15/20/80, and Feebas has the same, apart from attack and special attack are swapped and defence and special defence are swapped. Magikarp has no moves to abuse its higher special attack from, and electric and grass moves are usually special, so Feebas's higher special defence is slightly more useful, although, neither can really take a hit.

-Abilities: Both get Swift Swim, but in the DW Magikarp gets Rattled, and Feebas gets Adaptability. Rattled only activates after Magikarp takes a hit and bug, ghost and dark moves aren't too common. It could abuse this by switching into a bug, ghost and dark move, using a focus sash to survive and attacking with flail, but that requires no entry hazards and flail doesn't hit ghosts, which are the main users of ghost moves. With base 10 attack, it's not going to be doing much damage anyway. Adaptability gives Feebas double power water moves. Again, it's not going to be doing much with such low attack and special attack, but it's useful in more situations.

-Movepool: Magikarp only gets Splash, Tackle, Flail and Bounce. On the other hand, Feebas gets Splash, Tackle, Flail, a bunch of egg moves, a few tutor moves and a few TMs. Although feebas's movepool would be considered small compared to a lot of pokémon, it's much larger than Magikarp's.

Magikarp looks cooler though, so I guess it gets that.
Wow, just wow. I dont think I can argue with you after you put so much work into that but im still sticking with magikarp as my favorite sucky fish however I do like the evolution of feebas, milotic however I like gyarados more then milotic

Offline Reshurott Inferno

• Pokèmon Master-ish!
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Hey There, everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2011, 23:59 »
Magikarp is WAAAY better than its Water-type, fishy, 'only able to learn Splash, Tackle and Flail' cousin Feebas, because not only is Magikarp available in like 11 more games than Feebas (unless I'm forgetting that there's a way to get one in B/W or FR/LG), so it's more well known and used, but it's the more famous fish.

My Black/White 2 Teams.

kr9q

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2011, 00:15 »
I trained my Magikarp to lvl.100. No evolving. And It beat my Toto. A lvl. 100 Feraligator. So GO MAGIKAKARP!

Offline Awkward Squirtle

• Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2011, 11:28 »
Magikarp is WAAAY better than its Water-type, fishy, 'only able to learn Splash, Tackle and Flail' cousin Feebas, because not only is Magikarp available in like 11 more games than Feebas (unless I'm forgetting that there's a way to get one in B/W or FR/LG), so it's more well known and used, but it's the more famous fish.
Feebas is found in B/W with a super rod on route 1 in special patches

• Pokèmon Master-ish!
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Hey There, everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2011, 07:16 »
^Well, Magikarp is found in 9 more games than Feeb(le)as.

My Black/White 2 Teams.

Offline Dawn@dusk

• Dazzeling Dewgong
  • Psythor Fan
  • If you can't fix it you better hope its not broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2011, 21:55 »
you cannot describe how awsome magickarp is. If was the very first pokemon i ever caught. in case your wondering i caught it in pokemon diamond. :D
Infernape, Kingdra, Jolteon nothing can stand in their way. Just try and beat us.

• Pokèmon Master-ish!
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Hey There, everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2011, 12:01 »
^2 of your sentences don't start with capitals, Magikarp>Magickarp, It>If, I>i, Pokemon>pokemon.

I saw a whole bunch of videos where a lone Magikarp swept through LG. Pretty cool, huh?

...though the person need AR to get the Old Rod that early...

My Black/White 2 Teams.