Author Topic: Wouldn't it be cool if we made a real pokemon league of sorts?  (Read 4643 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline TordenOfItami

• The Incredible Inedible Jolteon
  • Psythor Fan
  • I like bacon.
    • View Profile
I was thinking that we could designate 13 people to make a real pokemon league. (8 gym leaders, 4 elites, 1 champion). Well I know that I'd want to be an elite 4 of Electric Types, so I can use mah fav pokemon. But, i could arrange it. We could use Pokemon Showdown, Pokemon Lab, etc. If you'd like to be a part of it please post whether you'll be a gym leader, elite 4, or champion (a spot that will probably fill up fairly quickly.) Please remember though that if you are a gym leader or elite 4, you'll have to be dedicated. Being a champion you'd have to be good at what you do, and be okay with being replaced. You'll also need to post your specialized type. I may need to verify your legitimacy, etc., just to make sure you are the kind of thing I'd like to include in the Jolteon League.
Lucas: Do you ever shut up, Barry?
Barry: I have asked myself that question many times.

Bask in the glory.

I braved the Marquee Of Doom on Cave Of Dragonflies. No! Really! I'm 3456 on the list!

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
It has been tried before and it had such little activity that it just wasn't worth it in the end. The (competitive) battling community on here isn't nearly as large as other sites so it would be a lot harder to pull off.

Offline TordenOfItami

• Psythor Fan
  • I like bacon.
    • View Profile
I'm posting this on multiple communities, for that reason exactly.

Bask in the glory.

I braved the Marquee Of Doom on Cave Of Dragonflies. No! Really! I'm 3456 on the list!

Offline Classified

• Yep
  • Psythor Fan
  • Problem?
    • View Profile
How would this work? If somebody wanted to battle, they would challenge you over nintendo wifi? By the way, I would love to be a water elite four. If not a ghost, ice, ground or dragon if possible.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 04:10 by Matthew U »

Offline hamster61

• Iceduck Fan
    • View Profile
I think it would be cool if you used the types that haven't been used for the gym leaders and elites (Gym Leaders: Dark, Elites: Grass, Water, Steel, Flying, Electric and Rock). I'd suggest doing Steel, Flying, Water and Grass. Another idea, for the Champion you could have a sort of Tournament on something like shoddy battle, you would have to use the team that you like the most, not change it and whoever wins is the Champion of the region.

Offline Stmacl

• A force so evil that it wears a suit!!
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • So what are you gonna do... DEWOTT?!
    • View Profile
    • My blog the woes of a pokemon nerd
Hmm this seems like fun... with a bit of prep I can be either Fire, Water, Electric, or Grass. To make this more interesting shall we say that the elite four is allowed one legendary and the Champion is allowed 2? Just to upgrade the challenge.

I'd also like to be the 4th gym leader.
Maybe fire gym leader...

No-one cared when I made a Nuke launcher, but no-one really agreed with my nuke machine gun...

Offline Classified

• Yep
  • Psythor Fan
  • Problem?
    • View Profile
Just some questions.
#1. Can I be a Water Elite four?
#2. if yes, what level should my pokemon be? 50? 100?
#3. Can I Ev train and can I give my pokemon hold items?

Offline TordenOfItami

• Psythor Fan
  • I like bacon.
    • View Profile
These ideas you guys are bringing up, all awesome! I'd like to welcome Matthew U and Stmacl. I have just official-ized him! The Situation is now this:

Gym leaders:
1st:
2nd:
3rd:
4th:Stmacl
5th:
6th:
7th:
8th:
Elite 4:
1st:
2nd:
3rd:Matthew U
4th:TordenOfItami
Champion:

The Types:
Normal
Fighting
Fire- Stmacl
Water- Matthew U
Grass
Electric- TordenOfItami
Rock
Ground
Steel
Poison
Psychic
Dragon
Ice
Bug
Dark
Ghost
Flying

Bask in the glory.

Rotom48

Are we making it so the first gym leader is easiest to beat or everyone at the same difficulty?

Offline The last sheikah

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
I've made pretty good mono-bug, mono-ice and mono-poison teams before. It's surprising how effective some of them can be despite shared weaknesses.

Offline Uncle Garnetto

• I'm here
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • I AM ... YOUR MASTER!
    • View Profile
Give me a month any I will have a mono-fight type. Oh, and my gym is a double gym.
Would be sooner, but my time is a little taken up by other commitments for a few weeks, plus any Pokemon time is spent prepping for the Manchester tourney.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 19:29 by Uncle Garnetto »
I am the champion, my friends!
I have ALL 646 pokemans, in my boxes, legitimately gained, in order( and an awesome team). I am the dex MASTER.
i will take all battles, if you want to challenge me and i hope to take part in upcoming tourneys

Offline Stmacl

• A force so evil that it wears a suit!!
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • So what are you gonna do... DEWOTT?!
    • View Profile
    • My blog the woes of a pokemon nerd
Same here for the fire team, I need some prep time due to EV training a team that'll work together.

I might try to do rotation battles but don't count on it due to me not having a strategy for it.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 19:41 by Stmacl »

No-one cared when I made a Nuke launcher, but no-one really agreed with my nuke machine gun...

Offline TordenOfItami

• Psythor Fan
  • I like bacon.
    • View Profile
Re: Wouldn't it be cool if we made a real pokemon league of sorts?
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2012, 02:06 »
Are we making it so the first gym leader is easiest to beat or everyone at the same difficulty?
First of all, I'm sorry for not posting, my own problem and second of all, to answer the midna icon person's question, yes.

I've made pretty good mono-bug, mono-ice and mono-poison teams before. It's surprising how effective some of them can be despite shared weaknesses.
Go ahead and pick any, they are all available.

Edit made by Renzokuken - Please don't double post, edit your posts instead as per the rules.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 09:29 by Renzokuken »

Bask in the glory.

Offline TordenOfItami

• Psythor Fan
  • I like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2012, 02:08 »
Give me a month any I will have a mono-fight type. Oh, and my gym is a double gym.
Would be sooner, but my time is a little taken up by other commitments for a few weeks, plus any Pokemon time is spent prepping for the Manchester tourney.
You are accepted.

Bask in the glory.

Offline herrera88

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2012, 07:04 »
id make a good flying type of gym leader also what level would my gym be if say i was 3rd or 5th?