Author Topic: Best team to get you through Heartgold???  (Read 1926 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline hitlermon

• Pokemon Fan
    • View Profile
Best team to get you through Heartgold???
« on: May 07, 2013, 13:13 »
Im in Goldedrod and I have quilava, slackoth, togepi and abra AND THEY ALL SUCK. Give me some good pokemon I can catch in this part of the game that will make a good team  ::)

Offline Sappy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Best team to get you through Heartgold???
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 14:09 »
Is it Whitney's Miltank that's the problem? :P
Slowly an old member..

Wolstenholme

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 19:13 »
My favourite two teams have been:

Meganium & Typhlosion (the Typhlosion was traded over and then I started a new game with Maganium), Alakazam, Umbreon, Omastar & Golem

Typhlosion, Piloswine, Excecutor, Gengar, Poliwrath & Magneton.

But certainly spend time training the Abra, you'll thank me for it, Alakazam is one of my favourite pokemon of all time.

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 00:29 »
I played Soul Silver, so I can't help you there.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

quack98

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 07:33 »
If it is whitneys miltank, I found a way to beat it easily, buy the Fire Blast TM from the store and teach quilava it, enough said!

Offline I am seviper hear me hiss

• Psythor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 20:31 »
I ain't sure, um well the best thing to do, I dunno if everyone does this but I would always get a fire, water and grass pokemon, so like Growlithe is a good fire type. If you have that eevee, you could use it to get Umbreon or espeon they are both good. I don't think you need a grass type, you can try an electric tye there always good. So yeah, if you wanna ask for more pokemon just ask

Offline purpleumbreon17

• Pokemon Fan
  • I'm a Jhoto girl, through and through.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 15:10 »
I am also currently at that spot in the game, and I have Bonfire(Quilava) Kite(Pidgeotto) Egg(Togepi) and Muscle(Machop).
-Kora the Umbreon

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 18:12 »
Im in Goldedrod and I have quilava, slackoth, togepi and abra AND THEY ALL SUCK. Give me some good pokemon I can catch in this part of the game that will make a good team  ::)

Just train your pokemon up. If you haven't evolved Abra (LV16), you should. Kadabra is really powerful, and you could trade it to get Alakazam, who is really strong.

Otherwise, I suggest you make a trip to the Bug Catching Contest and catch a Scyther. You can evolve it with a metal coat from the Pokéathlon, but it is obscenely strong with a Technician-boosted Wing Attack.

You can also beat Whitney to get to Ecruteak. On Route 39, you can get Magnemite if you don't want Scizor. A good thing to do if you want Magnemite would be to catch a Scyther but not evolve it, and then catch Magnemite and evolve it to Magneton (or Magnezone, if you want to trade it to a Sinnoh game and evolve it in Mt. Coronet).

There's a lot you can do, so just look around and see what you find.