Author Topic: Your favourite moves?  (Read 1329 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

quack98

Your favourite moves?
« on: August 04, 2013, 23:55 »
Well, I don't think this needs much explanation, but what are your favourite moves? It can be based on Name, Power or just a move you like for some random reason. I'll start with my top 5:

5. Roar of Time -> I know it's awful, but I love the name and the animation is pretty cool

4. Head Smash -> Especially on Aggron, this move is brutal. 150 Base Power plus STAB = Pain.

3. Doom Desire -> I love the idea, and I love the mechanics. I just wish it didn't get weakness and resistance factored in  :(

2. Synthesis -> I love the name. It reminds me of Meganium, and I like the animation

1. Splash Draco Meteor -> It's a meteor. Why wouldn't it be number 1?

So what are your favourite moves? Either give your all time favourite, or just do a top 5 or 10.

Offline Meowstic Royalty

• Cats.
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • WARNING: DORK
    • View Profile
Re: Your favourite moves?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 00:09 »
1: Outrage (120 power, 100 accuracy and pure absolute carnage. Only Problem? Your Pokemon keeps punching itself afterwards.)

2: Flare Blitz (The definition of YOLO. Causes huge damage with Blaze, but ultimately results in suicide.)

3: Close Combat (Punchy Kicky Punchy Kicky Punchy Kicky)

4: Surf (The only decent HM.)

5: Draco Meteor (Meteors crashing down and breaking an opponents skull? Epic.)

Needs more Gengar

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 01:45 »
1. Sky attack (Epic animation)

2. Flare Blitz ( With SD* on speed boost Blaziken, 130 base power + stab + added attack = death of non ghosts not named lugia)

3. Draco Meteor (It's a meteor, nuf' said)

4. Swords Dance (See above*)

5. Scald (Must have on Milotic)
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Liam

• 1337 Donator
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 17:22 »
Substitute is my favourite move.

MonsterMon64

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 03:34 »
I really have no order of favoritism for my favorite moves, but I'll  try to give explanations for why I like them!
*Giga Drain/Drain Punch: They drain HP, what's  not to like? (honorable mention to Dream Eater, shame it only works on sleeping Pokemon though)
*Low Kick: It simply feels gratifying taking down a heavy Pokemon with this move.
*Scald: Been waiting for a burning Water-type move since forever, but Scald exceeded my expectations.
*BubbleBeam: Though mostly in Red and Blue. Remember when it actually looked and sounded violent? I know there are better moves out there, but Game Freak, do me a favor and make it at least 80 base power, maybe increase the chance of lowering speed. I mean, I'D use BubbleBeam on SOMEthing...
*Disable: I know most Pokemon have better things to do,  but shutting down pokemon's  moves is always fun. I'm glad it finally has 100% accuracy as of Gen V.
*Heat Wave: I'll take Heat Wave over Flamethrower any day of the week. Fun in Double and Triple battles besides. Also, it just looks cool.
*Rollout/Ice Ball: More fun in-game than anything, but I really liked how in earlier generations you could see the moves visibly increase in intensity. Always had fun taking down most, if not all of Drake's team with five turns' worth of Ice Ball <3
*Rock Wrecker: Yeah, I know, Hyper Beam/Giga Impact and all its variants are terrible, but I make an exception for Rock Wrecker. Hope it gets a cooler animation in Gen 6 though.

There are probably more, but those are the ones that come to mind atm.

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 04:30 »
1. Flare Blitz. Surrounding yourself in fire and smashing into the opponent? Yes.
2. Superpower. It's definitely not the best Fighting attack there is, and I'd never use it over Close Combat or Hi Jump Kick, but it just sounds so damn epic.
3. Thunder Wave. If I had a dollar for every Pokemon I gave this move to, I'd... well, I'd have a few hundred at least. Such a great move all around.
4. Draco Meteor. Obvious reason is obvious. Specs Latios really sealed this for me, capable of basically 2HKOing almost all of OU, even Steel types, with this move.
5. Sky Uppercut. It's odd, but this move was what really drew me into Fighting types becoming my favorite. Back in Ruby version, I stubbornly only trained Blaziken, and I got my ass handed to me by Glacia repeatedly. So we trained and trained until Blaziken learned a new move: Sky Uppercut. This sliced right through Syndey and Glacia. It just felt so powerful back then, and ever since then, I've really loved it. It's not technically Blaziken's signature move, but I still associate it with him.
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 14:44 »
I just have favourite moves, but I guess I don't think about my favourite moves very often.

Blue Flare: The idea of scorching your opponent with a blue flame...the move itself looks good.
Ice Burn: I like this purely because burning people with ICE is damn cool (pun unintended), and that it's just interesting.
Icicle Crash: Spamming this with Beartic on my Black version is quite fun. I like the move for no reason really, other than that Beartic gets it.
Extremespeed: Best priority move that's ever been made so far. It's the thing that makes Arceus such a powerful threat.
Heal Bell: It's useful.
Judgement: It's scary. Countless rays of light are shot at the foe? Sounds like some sort of apocalyptic scenario thing.
Shell Smash: See Cloyster and Gorebyss.
Night Daze: It has a really neat animation.
Sucker Punch: From a competitive stance, it makes prediction so critical. Honchkrow is deadly as it gets both Sucker Punch and Pursuit, making it quite effective at trapping Psychics and Ghosts. Houndoom does it better, and Skuntank does a good job in NU.
Hydro Pump: I love the 4th Gen animation quite a bit.
Seed Flare: The animation is awesome, and Shaymin is such a beast in UU with it.
Shadow Sneak: It's a useful move and it looks neat. Kinda what Gengar likes to do *shudders*
Hurricane: Because it's so powerful, and actually quite scary in the rain.
Toxic Spikes: It's useful and quite effective against bulky waters.
Psystrike: Very nice animation, and Mewtwo is so scary with it.
Extrasensory: It's got loads of PP, I rarely replace it with Psychic because it's better in my opinion.

There's mine. A long list though...

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 12:04 »
I mainly like attacks that hit hard with the exception of Selfdestruct and Explosion. I don't like how those two are one shot only unless you have a Revive type item but even then you're wasting a turn. I am particularly fond of Fury Cutter, Brick Break, Rollout, and Psystrike.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

quack98

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 23:41 »
Judgement: It's scary. Countless rays of light are shot at the foe? Sounds like some sort of apocalyptic scenario thing.

The one thing that made me like Judgement more than anything was Battle Revolution. The animation was amazing! But I agree it's a pretty awesome move!

Wolstenholme

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2013, 19:13 »
Shock Wave, Dragon Rush, Surf, Magical Leaf, Earthquake & Flamethrower... I just love them, okay?

Offline lugia95

• Joeno Fan
  • Credit to Chloe for the awesome avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 19:17 »
Earthquake and Surf are probably my favourites. I like Thunder too, but only if it's raining.