Author Topic: Fairy/Fighting/Psychic team (X/Y)  (Read 1624 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Dorchadas

• *Vaguely menacing gestation*
  • Rex Fan
  • Pkmn.net: Largest eyelash trade hub in the world
    • View Profile
Fairy/Fighting/Psychic team (X/Y)
« on: January 29, 2015, 21:16 »
Welp guys, I'm making a team. Duh. Each poke has to have at least one of the above listed types. I have this:
Blackwing (Hawlucha) (M) @ Flying Gem
Ability: Unburden
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sky Attack
- High Jump Kick
- Hone Claws
- Roost

Agro (Girafarig) (M)  @ Leftovers
Ability: Early Bird
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Agility
- Baton Pass
- Calm Mind
- Rest

Ametarasu (Meowstic-F) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball

Wander (Lucario) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Steadfast
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Psychic
- Flash Cannon

Navi (Sylveon) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 6 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Hyper Voice
- Hyper Beam

Réalta (Gardevoir) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Hypnosis
- Dream Eater
Whatcha think? ^^;
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 21:35 by Dorchadas »
Click the fuzzy little dragons!

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
Re: Fairy/Fighting/Psychic team (X/Y)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 21:35 »
Is this competitive or an in game team?
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline Dorchadas

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 21:39 »
Competitive. I'm breeding and training them now.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 21:55 »
Ok, on the Sylveon, no matter however tempting it may seem, don't use hyper beam. The extra turn they gain is basically a free set up or a free shot at you. It's never a good idea.

For Lucario, I'd suggest Nasty Plot (I think it learns this), vacuum wave, flash cannon, and the last one, i'm not sure of, since I don't run special lucario.

Don't use dream eater on the gardevoir because that relies on sleep to use, and if a pokemon falls asleep, the opponent will switch if possible, wasting a turn. I think hypnosis can stay, but I think i'd run Moonblast, Psyshock (for blissey and chansey), Focus Blast, and Hypnosis/Shadow Ball

Use Swords Dance over hone claws on hawlucha, and don't use sky attack.

Girafarig has not attack moves, making it perfect taunt bait, and no one wants to be stuck using struggle.

Also, it seems like you only have one sort of wallish pokemon on your team. Never run hyper offense, unless you are absolutely sure in what you're doing. I'd convert Sylveon into a true wall (I think Rich did a pokemon ok the week article on sylveon, look through and check), and switch out girafarig out for slowbro:

Slowbro @Leftovers
Regenerator
Bold Nature
252 Defense/ 252 Special Defense or Special Attack/ 4 Special Attack or Special Defense

Scald
Psychic/Psyshock
Ice Beam
Slack off

I believe Rich did an article on this one too. Not too sure. I think he can cover or correct anything else if he posts here.

Offline Dorchadas

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 22:34 »
I'm also looking for a decent sp.atk/speed baton passer. Advice?

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 22:40 »
In my opinion, BP is too much trouble, but if you must, here's a set:

Espeon @ Focus Sash/Leftovers
Magic Bounce
Timid
252 Speed/ 252 HP or Special Attack/ 4 HP or Special Attack

Baton Pass
Agility
Calm Mind
Psychic/Psyshock

The attack is if you're either trapped or want to sweep with Espeon, and prevents you from being taunt bait. As for magic bounce, bring it out on a hazard setter or someone who you know will use a status move like Toxic and it turns it back at them.

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 02:44 »
I'll go through this one Poke at a time I guess.
Welp guys, I'm making a team. Duh. Each poke has to have at least one of the above listed types. I have this:
Blackwing (Hawlucha) (M) @ Flying Gem
Ability: Unburden
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sky Attack
- High Jump Kick
- Hone Claws
- Roost
If you want to use Sky Attack for the Unburden boost, then generally Power Herb is better. You get the Sky Attack off nice and quickly and can proceed to sweep with your offensive move of choice. Acrobatics also synergises nicely with Unburden since you get base power boost AND a speed boost at the same time. If you choose to use Acro, I'd either take it instead of Roost or if you like to recovery that much then you can take off High Jump Kick for Acrobatics and replace Hone Claws with Swords Dance.

Agro (Girafarig) (M)  @ Leftovers
Ability: Early Bird
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Agility
- Baton Pass
- Calm Mind
- Rest
Shinyblaze made a point about Taunt potentially being a problem. Not everyone uses runs taunt though so it might not be that big of a deal, so just keep that in mind. In terms of EV spread, its usually a good idea to run maximum HP if you want to take both physical and special hits and then split the remaining 252 between defense and special defense. You can play around with how you can exactly split them or just go 50-50. I can't say I particularly like Girafarig myself though. Espeon is a good alternative if you value the Baton Pass but Gothitelle is good for set up, trapping and sustaining as well.

Ametarasu (Meowstic-F) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Competitive
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
Seems like a decent enough spread. You could check out some different coverage options with Hidden Power but for the most part that seems to be more or less all Meowstic can do. Signal Beam might also be an option for hitting Dark types. But Latios is generally a better option for a fast Special Sweeper or Specs user, and gives you room for Defog if the opponent chooses to set up Stealth Rocks.

Wander (Lucario) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Steadfast
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Psychic
- Flash Cannon
You already have a choice user in Meowstic, so two choicers can sometimes limit your options a little. Having a Scarfer on your team is important though, so you could move the scarf onto Meowstic/Latios and instead take Nasty Plot on Lucario. After one Nasty Plot, you already do more damage than having Choice Specs. Vaccum Wave is important to take here since you have no other priority on the rest of your team.
Navi (Sylveon) (F) @ Life Orb

Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 6 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Hyper Voice
- Hyper Beam
Girafarig/Espeon already fills a Calm Mind role so this Sylveon set is a little overkill. Although I don't necessarily agree with Shiny's point about never running hyper offense, I think that since Sylveon doesn't add much to the team at the moment it might be worth looking into a physically defensive set for it. I'm personally tempted to reccomend a Curse physical set or some such nonsense but seriously, try something like:

Sylveon@Leftovers
252 HP/220 Def/36 Sp.Def
Bold nature
Hyper Voice
Heal Bell
Wish
Protect

That way you can get rid of burns from your one physical attacker and keep the team healthy. Actually now that I look at it, you have a lot of Special Attackers. I'd actually switch Lucario to physical with Extremespeed/Bullet Punch and Swords Dance, because if you run into a Jellicent or another Special Tank then that can cause problems.

Réalta (Gardevoir) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Hypnosis
- Dream Eater
Whatcha think? ^^;[/font]
Hypnosis/Dream Eater is a bad combination. Hypnosis only hits like 60% of the time and I think Psychic does more damage than Dream Eater anyway. Speaking of Psychic, a lot of people use Psyshock over Psychic since otherwise Special Tanks can potentially ruin your day. You really want Moonblast/Hyper Voice on Gardevoir anyway. The last slot can be filled with another offensive move like Focus Blast or Thunderbolt or you can run a utility move like Substitute, Taunt or Will-o-Wisp. More offensive moves lets you hit more Pokemon but Focus Blast is a little unreliable and Thunderbolt doesn't add much to things you can fight, but can be handy for Azumarill and Gyarados. Substitute lets you take an extra hit if you expect your opponent to switch, Taunt lets you mess up Chansey, Heatran and other Baton Passers and Will-o-Wisp neuters physical attackers.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2015, 16:09 »
Dream Eater has a base power of 100, while Psychic is 90. However, due to having to rely on sleep, Dream Eater is generally not a good idea.

Also, I never said to never run hyper offense, I said never run it unless you're sure of what you're doing.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 16:23 by ShinyBlaziken2000 »