Author Topic: Cynthia Set  (Read 2022 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Dorchadas

• *Vaguely menacing gestation*
  • Rex Fan
  • Pkmn.net: Largest eyelash trade hub in the world
    • View Profile
Cynthia Set
« on: February 04, 2015, 19:38 »
Well, I'm making another team (Much thanks to ShinyBlaziken2000 and Hahex and Oshawott for help with the last one, it's running fairly smoothly now) based on Cynthia's champion team. The movesets and abilities can be changed around, but not the pokemon themselves. I have this:

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Roserade @ Life Orb
Ability: Poison Point
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rest
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic

Lucario M @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Psychic
- Flash Cannon

Togekiss @ King’s Rock
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Tri Attack
- Silver Wind
- Roost
- Air Slash

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Milotic @ Life Orb
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 SpA
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

Probably a little too offensive again, but still. Thoughts?
Click the fuzzy little dragons!

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Pokémon Breeder (For Petz, ask Petzbreeder ;3)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
Re: Cynthia Set
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 20:06 »
A little too offensive? It's not your fault, but Cynthia's. In any case...

Spiritomb looks perfectly fine.

Roserade with Rest and Poison Point is not going to do much. Natural Cure would be a better fit, but knowing Cynthia's nature and today's metagame, you might as well use a Technician Version with HP Fire.

Lucario does not want to get locked into a Steel move, and special Lucario is, ironically, nothing special. Try using Justified, or even Inner Focus if breeding one is too hard, using a Life Orb, Adamant with 252 Att/4 Def/252 Spe, and Close Combat, Sword Dance, Extreme Speed, and Ice Punch/Crunch/Iron Tail (knowing your team, the order of the last slot might help you choosing the right thing).

Togekiss likes flinching, yes, but relying on that is, ironically, not reliable. Leftovers are a better item for it, and Air Slash/Roost should help its survivavility; however, adding Thunder Wave for extra time and a fourth move, say STAB Fairy Move, Defog, or Heal Bell is the way to go.

Move these 4 EV from HP to Defence. Done that, if you opt for Sword Dance, use Dragon Claw instead of Outrage. But knowing you don't have a Scarfer, you might as well keep Outrage and change Sword Dance for Dragon Claw, or even Fire Fang; breeding a Naïve one with Fire Blast is very hard.

Milotic, as a tank, definitely prefers Scald over Hydro Pump. And that's it.
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

Offline Dorchadas

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 20:32 »
Roserade with Rest and Poison Point is not going to do much. Natural Cure would be a better fit, but knowing Cynthia's nature and today's metagame, you might as well use a Technician Version with HP Fire.

Yeah, I figured as much. I was hoping to use the shiny one I bred, but that's sadly impossible now. Now to find a HA Budew evo... and then some EM donors... and then breed the heck out of it for IVs...

Lucario does not want to get locked into a Steel move, and special Lucario is, ironically, nothing special. Try using Justified, or even Inner Focus if breeding one is too hard, using a Life Orb, Adamant with 252 Att/4 Def/252 Spe, and Close Combat, Sword Dance, Extreme Speed, and Ice Punch/Crunch/Iron Tail (knowing your team, the order of the last slot might help you choosing the right thing).

I actually have just gotten into special Lucarios, and looking on my efforts so far they actually are weak links. Plus this team was a little special heavy. I'll definitely be switching this.

Togekiss likes flinching, yes, but relying on that is, ironically, not reliable. Leftovers are a better item for it, and Air Slash/Roost should help its survivavility; however, adding Thunder Wave for extra time and a fourth move, say STAB Fairy Move, Defog, or Heal Bell is the way to go.

I actually have the King's Rock set for added support on Air Slash, bringing it to a 70% chance. Also because the group I'm in uses item clause and I'd prefer my leftovers on Spiritomb.

Move these 4 EV from HP to Defence. Done that, if you opt for Sword Dance, use Dragon Claw instead of Outrage. But knowing you don't have a Scarfer, you might as well keep Outrage and change Sword Dance for Dragon Claw, or even Fire Fang; breeding a Naïve one with Fire Blast is very hard.

I'll probably drop Swords Dance for Dragon Claw and band the sucker. 300 attack is looking pretty nice right about now.

Offline Dorchadas

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 20:40 »
Also, what about giving Roserade a Miracle Seed and teaching it Weather Ball, Sunny Day, Magical Leaf, and Giga Drain?

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 20:51 »
Mega Garchomp isn't really that good. You don't have to run a mega, and Cynthia certainly never did (until they remake sinnoh I guess). Seeing as you have no hazards, there's an oppurtunity to put Stealth Rocks there. Scarf'd Garchomp is also fairly terrifying. Consider running Naive nature and Fire Blast to take out those pesky Ferrothorn and Skarmory.

I don't think Steadfast Lucario is awful, since you can take a fake out from Mega Lopunny and outspeed even with Adamant nature. You actually have a lack of physical presence with Lucario as it is, so switching him to Physical like Scout suggests.

Although you don't really have a huge hazards weakness, it's probably better to put defog on Togekiss rather than, say, Silver Wind. You can replace Tri Attack with Thunder Wave to have a guaranteed paralysis. Otherwise, sure, leftovers is probably better over King's Rock.

If you're adamant on mega garchomp, then you could possibly put Toxic Spikes on Roserade as your entry hazard (not saying you can't have Stealth Rock on Megachomp). Your spread isn't very tanky so Poison Point doesn't do much for you. You could go Technician HP Fire/Giga Drain or if you want to keep Rest then Natural Cure is almost definitely better. This way, you can Rest to full health, switch out then be back awake to switch back in at a moment's notice. Breeding for Hidden Power can be a chore so look in to the Rest option.

Since Togekiss is already specially bulky, run 252 def on Milotic.((Oh, I notice now that you have Spiritomb as well as a physical wall. I personally feel that there's more physical threats running around in the metagame at the moment rather than special threats, but then appeal to personal preference)) That way, you can use Milotic to sponge up a status and be totally invincible with Marvel Scale. Refer to this moment here for a taste of the Milotic POWER. (I am shameless).

But half your team are tanks/walls in some way so you definitely don't look very offensive. If anything, the team almost seems a little stally at times, but that's fine. Considering that you're limited in the Pokemon you can use, that's probably the best you'll get.

Also, what about giving Roserade a Miracle Seed and teaching it Weather Ball, Sunny Day, Magical Leaf, and Giga Drain?
Takes too long to set up, meanwhile you're making yourself more susceptible to fire type moves. No one else on the team really benefits from the sun, and having two special grass type moves is a waste of a moveslot.

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Pokémon Breeder (For Petz, ask Petzbreeder ;3)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 20:58 »
King Rock's effect does not stack with moves that already flinch. Plates are always useful to consider, yes, and think Cynthia once used Eelektross, a notable Pokémon. And no, don't use Megachomp, please. If you are going on-line, even Megacario, although "cheap", is useful.
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

Offline Dorchadas

• Rex Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 14:29 »
King Rock's effect does not stack with moves that already flinch. Plates are always useful to consider, yes, and think Cynthia once used Eelektross, a notable Pokémon.

What about a berry? I'm thinking either Sitrus, Lum, Lansat/Starf, Babiri/Charti/Salac, or Jacoba/Rowap.

And no, don't use Megachomp, please. If you are going on-line, even Megacario, although "cheap", is useful.

I would, but I'm running with Smogon OU.

Offline Raphetty

• Streetpasser Extraordinaire
  • Name Rater Hater
  • 54 Mii Plaza Accomplishments; 924 Plaza Population
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 22:01 »
Mega Garchomp does have a role as a mixed wallbreaker, ideally in a sandstorm to make use of its ability, but it's probably not the best choice for this team.

3DS FC: 3067 - 6449 - 6265 ... Sun trainer name: Rafipi ... X trainer name: Brennica
Omega Ruby trainer name: Moga ... Alpha Sapphire trainer name: Rosella

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 22:55 »
What about a berry? I'm thinking either Sitrus, Lum, Lansat/Starf, Babiri/Charti/Salac, or Jacoba/Rowap.
I'd still just go with leftovers. Togekiss doesn't have any form of recovery so it's important to have.

Offline Raphetty

• Streetpasser Extraordinaire
  • Name Rater Hater
  • 54 Mii Plaza Accomplishments; 924 Plaza Population
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2015, 00:14 »
I'd still just go with leftovers. Togekiss doesn't have any form of recovery so it's important to have.

I see Roost on the set. Lum or Sitrus Berry are usable if you're using item clause, otherwise, like the others have said, use Leftovers.

3DS FC: 3067 - 6449 - 6265 ... Sun trainer name: Rafipi ... X trainer name: Brennica
Omega Ruby trainer name: Moga ... Alpha Sapphire trainer name: Rosella