Author Topic: JUNE COROCORO LEAKS (EVEN MORE NEW POKEMON)  (Read 11651 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
Re: JUNE COROCORO LEAKS (EVEN MORE NEW POKEMON)
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2013, 20:52 »
There's still a leaker out there that told us that the starters will evolve into Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting lol, I'm not sure if it was news or a leaker

But it's funny that we have a Dark/Psychic type now.  4x weakness to bug heyooooooooooooo, but it's not weak to anything else lmao
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

quack98

« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2013, 20:54 »
I like how this generation appears to be focusing on 'rarer' types, like Psychic, Dark & Ghost. Even the introduction of fairy is to balance the rarest type: Dragons.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2013, 01:19 »
There's still a leaker out there that told us that the starters will evolve into Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting lol, I'm not sure if it was news or a leaker

Yeah lol it was a leaker, the same one that got a whole bunch of other stuff correct including english names.

I think TPCi would disagree that things have been kept secret this time around

Offline Joe_Pokemon2015- MEGA RAYQUAZA!

• Gen. Giratina: Leader of the Pokemon International Movement. Ternyata semuanya lupa negera Korea...
  • Joeno Fan
  • Giratina: Giygogagohgwooh! to QC for this avatar
    • View Profile
    • Check out my deviantART page! It has Pokemon!
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2013, 13:27 »
This is what Inkay looks like:

So far, I think we have a dry spell on the Pokémon being announced.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 13:30 by Joe_Pokemon2010- DE~NIS! DE~NIS! »

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2013, 13:48 »
Dragons are strong, but fairy balances them. Dragons, however are only strong against their own kind, but are now weak to three types. Dragons may be strong attackers, but are only super effective against themselves. I think the dragons should be strong against one more type in Kalos to balance out their rarity, and their 3 weakesses.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

quack98

« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2013, 13:54 »
I think fairy should only resist dragon, as an immunity would just destroy dragons, their main selling point is amazing neutral coverage (only resisted by steel, and probably fairy) and an immunity would wreck outragers.

I'd love to see Altaria gain fairy type, mainly because it suits it and I think we all want to see a fairy dragon ;D

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2013, 14:24 »

And there's Oorotto for you all =P

Offline Lord Raven

• token american
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Oh, I haven't had a cavity in over forty years.
    • View Profile
    • GTS+
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2013, 15:25 »
Dragons are strong, but fairy balances them. Dragons, however are only strong against their own kind, but are now weak to three types. Dragons may be strong attackers, but are only super effective against themselves. I think the dragons should be strong against one more type in Kalos to balance out their rarity, and their 3 weakesses.
Not gonna happen because they're still neutral against 15/17 types.  You never want to eat a Draco Meteor from a dragon even if you're a steel type
Signature disabled. Please read the rules!

Offline RocketMember002

• Joy Incarnate
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2013, 15:59 »
So normal type attacks are resisted by two and immune by one, and super effective against nothing, but it's totally the poor little dragons that need some help, facerolling everything that's not steel is just too harsh on them.

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2013, 16:06 »

No. Dragons need a nerf more than anything else in the game, it's ridiculous. I think people are just upset that they won't be able to spam Draco Meteor/Outrage as much anymore, if Fairy is indeed resistant/immune to Dragon, which it well should be. They're also probably not going to retcon any past types to now be SE to Dragon, that makes no sense.
Discord - richardblaziken

quack98

« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2013, 16:13 »
I think my main problem with them being immune is that Marill will be immune to Salamence launching a meteor from space... Erm... I fail to see the logic...

Resists is fair enough, their magical powers ward of dragonesque abilities or whatever, but I think immune is a little too far.

Not to say it won't happen, just that I don't want an immunity. But I agree that a resist is needed, even if I don't particularly like the idea of a fairy beating up Rayquaza...

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2013, 16:18 »
Maybe fairy and dragon can be super effective against each other, there balancing them out, like ying and yang.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2013, 16:40 »
The purpose of Fairy is to balance out how easily Dragon kills everything. Giving it a new SE would make things more broken than it was.

quack98

« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2013, 16:44 »
The purpose of Fairy is to balance out how easily Dragon kills everything. Giving it a new SE would make things more broken than it was.

This. As much as I love dragon types, and I do think they should be *slightly* more powerful than other types, they shouldn't be broken. Although 1 SE looks abysmal, 2 SE & 1 resist suddenly isn't so terrible.

And dragon is quite good defensively as well.

My only worry with Xerneas in particular is GF making him too OP. Arceus was clearly an attempt at 'the best Pokémon', I think Kyurem-W was an attempt at this as well, could Xerneas be?

Think about it: 680 BST is probably what he'll have, Fairy Aura is likely either Pseudo-Adaptability or an extra STAB. Add the fact he gets SE on a lot of ubers (so far, anyway) with being SE to dragon, this may not end well... Exo-Uber tier, anyone?

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2013, 16:48 »
We don't know Fairy's weaknesses yet, it's too early to panic about them being broken. However, I seriously doubt we'll ever see a tier above Ubers. Ubers is a banlist for OU, not meant to be a real tier. It's played as one, but it's not supposed to be a balanced metagame.