Poll

Are you still interested in participating in the Gym Leader Challenge?

Yes
No
Somewhat
Indifferent
I am, but don't have a reliable way to participate

Author Topic: In regards to the pkmn.net Gym Leader Challenge...  (Read 4913 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline aMartini607

• Bawse
  • Rob Fan
  • Come At Me Bro.
    • View Profile
In regards to the pkmn.net Gym Leader Challenge...
« on: March 25, 2014, 04:11 »
Hello everyone, it's Martini here...Now, I have been the Leader of the Flying-type Gym since the inception of this most recent Gym Leader Castle type deal that's been going for a few months now. I'm making this thread because when it started, I was extremely enthusiastic about the concept and very much so looking forward to the fun, challenge and somewhat revitalization of this wonderful site that I've been a member and avid supporter of since finding it WAAYY back when I was 14, some 7 years ago now. However, as of late I have become somewhat disenchanted with this whole deal because of it's lack of activity(I actually come to think of it don't think anyone that wasn't a Leader challenged and beat every Gym), and this saddens me a great deal. Now don't get me wrong, I realize everyone has lives outside of games and the site, not everyone has a good competitive team that they're confident enough in, some people don't have X or Y and can only use Showdown or vice-versa, myself being the latter of the two, or just simply aren't into Competitive Pokemon battling. So all in all, the point I'm trying to get across is that I love battling, and this site, and want to see if anyone is still interested in the Gym Challenge, because if not enough people are, I will resign from my position as the Flying Gym Leader, and I don't really WANT to do thay. Discuss...
When you underestimate your opponent, you overestimate yourself.
3DS Friend Code(Feel free to add me! Just let me know you did so I can add you back)
4699-7517-6858 (Friend Safari is Ground with Phanpy, Marowak and Gastrodon)

Offline Richard and Blaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Mr. Blaziken
    • View Profile
Re: In regards to the pkmn.net Gym Leader Challenge...
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 07:41 »
There aren't enough competitive battlers on here to run 8 Gyms and have people left to challenge them, I think. It was fun while it lasted, and I'd be up for getting it running again, but there aren't a ton of competitive battlers here. I am making an effort to teach people competitive battling that want to learn, but I dunno if interest is still there. Anyway, I don't see a need to "resign", as it's essentially meaningless if challenges aren't coming in anyway. I'd love to see this revived, but it seems unlikely to me.
Discord - richardblaziken

Offline SirBlaziken

• You either die a hero or live long enough to get a bad reboot
  • Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 12:35 »
I'm with Rich. However, if I see a challenge (unlikely, since Rich already beat me into the ground), i'll rebuild my dark type team and battle.
Click here to access my paste to get to my teambuilding topics here on PKMN

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 13:29 »
also agreeing with the past 2 posts, id love to see #thereturn, but it probably wont happen

Offline Delicious_Scout

• Pokémon Breeder (For Petz, ask Petzbreeder ;3)
  • Typhlosion Fan
  • Buttébutt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 13:34 »
Since I am new (Rich knows that ;~;), I don't think I know about this. Basically, do we have to stay in a server in Showdown waiting for folks to defeat us? If that's the case, damn straight; I would like to be the Normal-type (or another) leader if that is possible. However, I prefer the real thing (X and Y).
Click on that smexy Tyranaggronigroking to visit my our IV Shop. And possibly buy something.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 13:35 »
I am making an effort to teach people competitive battling that want to learn, but I dunno if interest is still there.

I know about this, since I applied to be a mentor. I'm still learning, but i've come a long way thanks to you.

I now know that once fighting types are gone, Mega DD T-Tar is a monster. I'm thanking showdown for that one. Also thanking showdown for teaming me up with a CM Abusing Sylveon, which I learned is a headache to others. One more to thank, Showdown, for teaching me that serene grace air slash is a pain in the ***.

I'm not a mentor, but I can describe basic terminology like mixed sweeper, walls, and the like if someone asks. But that's unlikely.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 14:35 by ShinyBlaziken2000 »

Offline the bread dragon

• my furniture has come alive
  • Joeno Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 14:25 »
Since I am new (Rich knows that ;~;), I don't think I know about this. Basically, do we have to stay in a server in Showdown waiting for folks to defeat us? If that's the case, damn straight; I would like to be the Normal-type (or another) leader if that is possible. However, I prefer the real thing (X and Y).
uhm not even close m7 ;-;
here is the thread on it, read it so you will stop saying such dumb things for some information on it
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 14:29 by bread »

Offline Hahex and Oshawott

• Number 500 of the PUK crew. Who started this anyway?
  • Joeno Fan
  • Holding on to what I haven't got.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 19:36 »
If there's no-one coming in anyway, there's no point "resigning" or anything so dramatic. It makes more sense to leave it up on the offchance that some wanderer shows up who is interested in taking the challenge. That's my thought on the matter.

Wolstenholme

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 19:39 »
well if anyone jumps out i'd be v. happy jump in and scare you all by taking their place.

Offline SirBlaziken

• Name Rater Hater
  • Hax High Priest
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2014, 19:46 »
Chloe, if you want a bout, i can make a team.

Wolstenholme

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 19:52 »
alas, I am regrettably preoccupied with history homework right now, my friend. If I am finished before the grandfather clock strikes the hour of ten, I will slap you around the face with my finest gauntlets thus challenging you to a dandy joust. Until then, old boot, pip pip.

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 19:09 »
As the others have said, resigning is pointless / futile. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

I will still stick with this, but I will certainly reshuffle my team. It just takes a new challenger to boot it up.

Offline aMartini607

• Bawse
  • Rob Fan
  • Come At Me Bro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2014, 01:21 »
I only said something drastic like resigning for that reason, to be dramatic in hopes that someone would see it and make a challenge and get the rock rollin from there. I don't know guys, I just miss the old glory days of 5 years ago when Fourth Gen was huge and these forums were bustling with activity, even in the fanfic and Random Randomness sections :/
When you underestimate your opponent, you overestimate yourself.
3DS Friend Code(Feel free to add me! Just let me know you did so I can add you back)
4699-7517-6858 (Friend Safari is Ground with Phanpy, Marowak and Gastrodon)

Offline Spriter

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2014, 22:30 »
Again, it's mostly because of the community ._.

Really, people have got lives. You cannot expect them to be able to come back and do this sort of thing easily. Exams and work sap a lot of things, as I am sure you know :/
Older members just grew up and got busy lives.

Offline Inferna

• Joeno Fan
  • not heroic but i try
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2014, 23:08 »
I only said something drastic like resigning for that reason, to be dramatic in hopes that someone would see it and make a challenge and get the rock rollin from there. I don't know guys, I just miss the old glory days of 5 years ago when Fourth Gen was huge and these forums were bustling with activity, even in the fanfic and Random Randomness sections :/

There's not that many older members left, even less competitive battlers. 5 years ago I was 15, pokemon was a huge deal for me. I've grown up and moved onto other stuff. A lot of the older members (2-3 years older than me) are at uni/got jobs/etc so for a lot of us visiting a pokemon forum isn't high up on our things to do list. I'll always visit here every so often, it was my first real forum where I made some great friends. After exams are over more people might become active again. It is sad but that's how it goes. On a green day forum I go on the same is happening, the band isn't active right now so its only the the core community. There's dips in activity all the time. Just keep it open and who knows once summer rolls around you might all have a gym again.