Author Topic: 6th Gen Anime Predictions  (Read 10955 times)

0 Members, Big Brother and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
6th Gen Anime Predictions
« on: February 21, 2013, 15:11 »
With the next gen coming out in October, it is obvious that a new region will appear. What are your predictions? Mine are that Ash will travel with some older Pokemon left at Oak's as well as using the one's left with Juniper. I think Muk, Heracross, Buizel, Gible, Corphish, Glalie, and Torkoal should be regulars. I'd also say Bulbasaur but knowing how it keeps the peace for the wild water and grass Pokemon, it's not very likely. Also, seeing a pattern as to how Ash always has a region's Grass start, he is definitely going to catch a Chespin. I also think Iris and Cilian will continuetravelling with Ash and maybe Ash'll give Iris his Gible since it wants to get stronger and would seem like a good member of her team. What do you think?
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

Offline Angelic Lapras King

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
  • Angel Wings! Please Guide Me And The Lapras!
    • View Profile
    • My DA Gallery of Maddness
Re: 6th Gen Anime Predictions
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 18:55 »
Hehheh, I debated on making such a topic. XD

Ash still being 10 and the main character is a given. I'm certain the current Plasma arc will not build up to Ash's end. I'm also certain Pikachu will be the only Pokemon he'll take to the new region, as his team needs the space to show off new Pokemon. Maybe a one off like Aipom if any of Ash's Pokemon has a new evolution in the 6th gen. With Charizard returning soon, I'm hoping that maybe his training has finished in the Chariwhatchamacallit Valley and at least gets Oaked so we at least see him more (And for that matter, an episode where we see Ash see all his Oaked Pokemon, which was skipped last time).

What I find interesting is if the changes in Unova will continue, evolve or be scrapped. Namely a few things like his traveling buddies, will they be based on 2 Gym Leaders again, go back to using the trainer girl of the generation and if so, have a new Contests thing for her to do, will Cilan go with Ash, or will the writers be desperate to get Brock back? And then there's the TRio, will they continue their more serious attitude or revert back to their comedic ways? Will Giovanni and pals have a new plan in the region, and will they feud over the new region Team, a missed opportunity in Unova? And the anime in general, will it continue the fast pace in Unova where Ash got all his badges in no time and resorted to filler arcs, or will it slow down this time?

And of course the most important question of them all, what the hell is Ash going to crossdress as this time? XD
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 19:11 by Angelic Lapras King »

"What did I say would happen if you got onto my back Oak?"

Draghost999

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 19:24 »
I wish that the anime would just let go of Ash. I wish that the star of the show would be the trainer boy/girl in the games, and his or her rival would be in there too, so we could play our games parallel with the anime. Ash may have been the hero of our childhoods, hard for the anime to let go, but oh boy some changes have to be made. The anime just seems so alien to the games... I for one would love a closer story. But this isn't a prediction and it's not very likely. It's a nice direction for the anime to head in, though. Ash, haven't you seen enough? 

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 02:34 »
Well it looks like they're hyping up the whole Plasma vs Rocket thing so I guess that's on the cards.

Genesect vs Mewtwo, Rocket vs Plasma

I daresay that the whole of the Gen VI franchise so far has a real 'throwback' feeling to it, and I'm not complaining at all.

• The Angelic One, The King of Kings, The Piller Of The Land Of The Lapras and a PUK Mod.
  • Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 01:54 »
Hmm, not quite a prediction, but apparently Brock and Misty are to return in next week's Charizard episode in a flashback cameo (As well as Oak showing up). Could be nothing, but maybe they could be testing the waters to see how audiences react to a Brock and Misty cameo for future real cameos? Maybe some 1st Gen influence in the 6th Gen perhaps (I know the plot of next week's ep is Ash and co attending a Kanto Festival, but you got all this and Mewtwo coming back for movie 16 too, plus all this fuss over Eevee's new evolution, so....)?

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 04:13 »
Yeah as I said there seems to be some real 'retro' hints coming in lately. It feels like GameFreak has remembered its roots a little more and is trying to involve more old in the new, as things have changed pretty dramatically since Gen I and II.

I'm pretty hopeful for this, I don't want to see pointless nostalgia pandering ("Woo look, here's some old Pokemon again!") but I'd really like to see them capture the old spirit of Gen I and II and somehow bring that into the future.

Unova has been a very industrial region compared to other regions, I'd like to see them go back to basics somewhat and take a more natural approach. I feel that since Gen III onwards they lost that connected, cooperative spirit that you could feel in I and II.

Offline Sappy

• Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 03:42 »
Unova has been a very industrial region compared to other regions, I'd like to see them go back to basics somewhat and take a more natural approach. I feel that since Gen III onwards they lost that connected, cooperative spirit that you could feel in I and II.

I have a feeling that's what X and Y are going to be about. Introducing a lot of old Pokemon, they started it with Black and White 2 (am I right? Not played that game). But with Sylveon, the Pokemon in the trailer and the fact it's all released on pretty much the same day globally.

What I like about the anime in Unova is the increase in battling. I wasn't too keen on the constant filler all about one Pokemon episodes and have definitely felt and increase in the number of episodes that are purely battling episodes. This did make the series go a lot faster than usual though.

However, I dislike the massive increase in rivals. I like the idea of all the rivals coming together, but I definitely want Gary back. I would also like the older ones to come back; Richie and Harrison (is it?) My favorite episodes are the match in the Johto Conference between Gary and Ash.

I'd keep Ash, but I do think he should win the league. Ash's constant "I WANT TO EXPLORE AND MEET NEW FRIENDS" theme will stay with him even if he becomes champion of the new region (The UK speculated -.-.). Plus, I can picture him running into 7th region being all cocky and losing to a new trainer with Pikachu. Yeah, I watched Pikachu vs Snivy in the first episode today.

There's been too many female characters. I think they've had enough time to play around with them by now. I think it should definitely be May or Dawn, since they don't stick to just one type of Pokemon. Preferably Dawn since May comes with Max -.-. Plus with Dawn even the newer viewers will be quite familiar with her.

I think Brock's better than Cilan. Cilan's fancy words get irritating and I can imagine kids being like "lol wut did he just say?". While Brock would just openly say something.

Team Rocket? I like their darker way and the fact they don't show up failing to catch Pikachu every episode. Gives them more the evil look they were given in the first few episodes of Pokemon.

I like the nostalgia coming back, I just don't want them to overdo it and make sure they balance it out. Hoenn seems ages ago now. I watched Advanced Battle and was like; "omg the theme tuneee".
Slowly an old member..

• Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 00:23 »
I have a feeling that's what X and Y are going to be about. Introducing a lot of old Pokemon, they started it with Black and White 2 (am I right? Not played that game). But with Sylveon, the Pokemon in the trailer and the fact it's all released on pretty much the same day globally.

What I like about the anime in Unova is the increase in battling. I wasn't too keen on the constant filler all about one Pokemon episodes and have definitely felt and increase in the number of episodes that are purely battling episodes. This did make the series go a lot faster than usual though.

However, I dislike the massive increase in rivals. I like the idea of all the rivals coming together, but I definitely want Gary back. I would also like the older ones to come back; Richie and Harrison (is it?) My favorite episodes are the match in the Johto Conference between Gary and Ash.
BW2 had older Pokemon from the start to freshen it up I guess, since BW only had Unova Pokemon until you beat the Elite 4. Bit too samey if you have the same team as your BW team I think (Though it was samey being the same region, but yeah).

I'd like to see Rivals like Richie back, but I'd like them to keep having new ones too. Hoenn was missing a rival for Ash, so I don't want them to repeat that mistake.

Offline Captain Jigglypuff

• The Jigglypuff Master
  • Joeno Fan
  • Don't MAKE me Double Slap you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 13:52 »
Ritchie, Harrison, and Paul most definitely should make a return. Trip is most likely to appear in the next series as he DID say next time he and Ash met, he (Trip) would win and Trip wants to become stronger. Trip was a good rival and my favorite because he had a similar attitude that Paul has but more personable and helpful.
"Don't pawn your garbage off on me!"~Watchy Watchog

Somehow the wires uncrossed.
The tables were turned.
Never knew I had such a lesson to learn.
˜New Attitude (Patti Labelle)

Plz Click!

• Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2013, 19:26 »
Speaking of returns, it looks like Clair will be making an appearance in the upcoming filler arc after Episode N, while Ash is pictured with a Butterfree. Hmmm...

Well, guess whatever the shipping for IrisXClair is will explode further soon. XD

Offline Joe_Pokemon2015- MEGA RAYQUAZA!

• Gen. Giratina: Leader of the Pokemon International Movement. Ternyata semuanya lupa negera Korea...
  • Joeno Fan
  • Giratina: Giygogagohgwooh! to QC for this avatar
    • View Profile
    • Check out my deviantART page! It has Pokemon!
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2013, 08:16 »
I speculate that there will be massive deconstruction of the anime series. I'll give you a couple of speculations:
  • Ash will realise that he will not be able to catch them all, and that he will never become Pokemon master.
  • His Pokemon will be kidnapped by worse people than Team Rocket, and will be abused to the point that Ash breaks into tears. Ash will do anything to get his Pokemon back, even risking his own life.
  • His partners will be from not just single moms, but also in poverty. One of them is an orphan. Each has their own backstory. They can't afford to even buy food for their Pokemon.

Yeah, I want Pokemon to be grittier and darker. Game Freak will return to their roots. Game Freak will deconstruct their games too.

I also hope he'll meet Misty again.

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 17:06 »
I speculate that there will be massive deconstruction of the anime series. I'll give you a couple of speculations:
  • Ash will realise that he will not be able to catch them all, and that he will never become Pokemon master.
  • His Pokemon will be kidnapped by worse people than Team Rocket, and will be abused to the point that Ash breaks into tears. Ash will do anything to get his Pokemon back, even risking his own life.
  • His partners will be from not just single moms, but also in poverty. One of them is an orphan. Each has their own backstory. They can't afford to even buy food for their Pokemon.

Yeah, I want Pokemon to be grittier and darker. Game Freak will return to their roots. Game Freak will deconstruct their games too.

I also hope he'll meet Misty again.

What is wrong with you? lol It's like you have this unhealthy obsession with being 'dark and gritty'. If GameFreak returned to their roots they would be publishing zines about arcade games.

Just watch Dexter or something. This is Pokemon, not Saw.

Offline Joe_Pokemon2015- MEGA RAYQUAZA!

• Gen. Giratina: Leader of the Pokemon International Movement. Ternyata semuanya lupa negera Korea...
  • Joeno Fan
  • Giratina: Giygogagohgwooh! to QC for this avatar
    • View Profile
    • Check out my deviantART page! It has Pokemon!
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 13:18 »
What is wrong with you? lol It's like you have this unhealthy obsession with being 'dark and gritty'.

The sixth gen anime should be like Episode N transposed to an entire season. Do you think Episode N is "dark and gritty" by your standards?

Offline Turner

• forum scourge
  • Sentret Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2013, 16:07 »
The sixth gen anime should be like Episode N transposed to an entire season. Do you think Episode N is "dark and gritty" by your standards?

No, dark and gritty by my standards probably wouldn't get televised, which I definitely would not want to see. Pokemon is fine how it is, it doesn't need to be more 'gritty'.

• Elite Four Member
  • Fan Rotom
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2013, 18:06 »
Well today's Japanese ep was certainly interesting. Looks like TR is back to their comedic ways, even "blasting off again" once again. Whether they keep at it or go back to being "serious" remains to be seen.

The new ending theme is worth looking out. Plenty of fanservice in that one (Many characters like Dawn, May, Misty Max, Brock, even rivals like Gary, Paul, etc. are in it. ;) Oh, and our new Eeveelution too....)